Illinois gun ban shot down!!

Well now, events in Conneticut have pretty well changed the landscape since this thread started. There will be new gun laws now.

An assault weopon is a weopon designed for one purpose only. That of killing people in large numbers rapidly. It is a semi or fully automatic, and has a large capacity magazine. It is the favored weopon of crazies when shooting up a mall or school. And, yes, when you put a large capacity clip on a .22 rifle or Browning hunting semi, it is an assault weopon. What is the differance to the victims for a rifle that fires 30 shots in under ten seconds, or one that fires 30 shots in three or four seconds?

My proposals on assault weopons.

1. To buy or have an assault weopon outside your home, you have to have the same license as for a fully automatic weopon. You are caught outside your home with an assault weapon, and no license, the gun is confiscated, you go to jail, and get a felony count on your record.

You sell or give an assault weapon to someone that does not have said license, you both get felony counts on your records.

2. You store your guns irresponsibly, someone takes them and commits a crime with them, you own that crime.

Gun grabbing asshole.

Well now, events in Conneticut have pretty well changed the landscape since this thread started. There will be new gun laws now.

An assault weopon is a weopon designed for one purpose only. That of killing people in large numbers rapidly. It is a semi or fully automatic, and has a large capacity magazine. It is the favored weopon of crazies when shooting up a mall or school. And, yes, when you put a large capacity clip on a .22 rifle or Browning hunting semi, it is an assault weopon. What is the differance to the victims for a rifle that fires 30 shots in under ten seconds, or one that fires 30 shots in three or four seconds?

1. To buy or have an assault weopon outside your home, you have to have the same license as for a fully automatic weopon. You are caught outside your home with an assault weapon, and no license, the gun is confiscated, you go to jail, and get a felony count on your record.

You sell or give an assault weapon to someone that does not have said license, you both get felony counts on your records.

2. You store your guns irresponsibly, someone takes them and commits a crime with them, you own that crime.

Gun grabbing asshole.

Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

I think they should go a step further. Hold gun sellers and manufacturers responsible if their guns are misused.

Gun grabbing asshole.

Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

I think they should go a step further. Hold gun sellers and manufacturers responsible if their guns are misused.

Both these are end runs around the 2nd amendment. If gun grabbers had the balls they would go after that, instead of this weaselly bullshit.

How do you hold a manufacturer liable for a product that works as intended.

"From my cold, dead hands".

THAT'S your slogan?

And people wonder why there's a problem.

Merry Christmas. I hope we can go at least 10 hours or so without someone getting shot.

Gun grabbing asshole.

Scared little boy who needs a gun to feel safe.

Both these are end runs around the 2nd amendment. If gun grabbers had the balls they would go after that, instead of this weaselly bullshit.

The same way they did with the Tobacco Companies... on how they were marketed. Just like they took down the Tobacco Companies over using cartoon characters to sell cigarettes, selling guns with advertisements like this..

original-1.jpg

should be considered reckless and treated as such.

Quinn and his Chicago-based butt buddies will try to find a way around it.

And after Sandy Hook, people will DEMAND that they do.

Because of course the Sandy Hook shooter was a certified concealed carry holder...

Oh Wait....

Never waste a tragedy, the matra of the gun grabber.

Well, the tragedy was that this guy was able to get these guns in the first place when he should have been in a hospital...

Gun grabbing asshole.

I actually don't own one, however I demand to have the right to if I so choose.

Kills your argument there, doesnt it hammer?

The same way they did with the Tobacco Companies... on how they were marketed. Just like they took down the Tobacco Companies over using cartoon characters to sell cigarettes, selling guns with advertisements like this..

original-1.jpg

should be considered reckless and treated as such.

If you go by that logic burger king should be banned from advertising, or maybe beer companies as well. Thier products probably kill more people combined than tobacco does.

And after Sandy Hook, people will DEMAND that they do.

Because of course the Sandy Hook shooter was a certified concealed carry holder...

Oh Wait....

Never waste a tragedy, the matra of the gun grabber.

Well, the tragedy was that this guy was able to get these guns in the first place when he should have been in a hospital...

The original comment was about concealed carry in Illiniois, and your assumption the "public" will demand its continued ban. I pointed out that the school shooter did not a CCP, and neither did his mother as far as we know.

What you are showing is the classic gun grabber overreaction, where it doesnt matter what the actual facts of the incident were, its just an excuse for you to try to ban guns or severly restrict them across the board.

The school shooting had ZERO to do with concealed carry, yet you desire it to not take effect, and hope the school shooting is what causes it to not happen.

And when we think you guys want to go after all guns, then you scoff at us and call the concept ridiculous?

If you go by that logic burger king should be banned from advertising, or maybe beer companies as well. Thier products probably kill more people combined than tobacco does.

Not really. BUrger King isn't addictive. Tobacco is.

Guns are not addictive either. And there are studies showing that fat greasy food can have addictive qualities.

Of course, to be fair, I trust most studies about as far as I can throw them.

Gun grabbing asshole.

I'm betting you're one of those who think the police will be there miliseconds after you call 911 for help as the guy with the blood-stained axe is whacking away at your door.

"From my cold, dead hands".

THAT'S your slogan?

And people wonder why there's a problem.

Merry Christmas. I hope we can go at least 10 hours or so without someone getting shot.
You do know, don't you, that the vast majority of people shooting other people are criminals who aren't interested in your restrictive gun laws?

Gun grabbing asshole.

gunowners1.jpg

Why do you think this woman should be disarmed?

Forum List

Back