'Ill' worker fired over Facebook

my dad had an employee call in sick and than did an interview for the news up at the local ski resort! My dad didn't fire her because he thought it was funny plus he is a softy.
The lady was probably friends with someone from her work or her boss on facebook which is how they probably caught her. When I used to call in sick at my old job I made sure I never posted on myspace that day since I was friends with my boss. The lady obviously doesn't have any common sense.

That is funny that your dad caught her doing that interview. :lol:

I like that one..

What kind of massive douche company monitors facebook for something like this?

Europe is a land of tards.

A smart one that's trying to ensure they have the best employees for their monies paid, who has reason to believe this particular employee might just be full of shit? (As she was.)

Or a boss that suspected or had reason to believe she was lying.

Or the IT Department that can monitor what websites the employees are viewing.

She was using a personal computer from home.

No she wasn't. The article doesn't even indicate she was home.

The unnamed woman was suffering a migraine and had told her employer, Nationale Suisse, she needed to lie in a darkened room.

The company said its discovery that she was also using Facebook destroyed its trust in her and prompted her sacking.

But the woman told a Swiss newspaper she was innocent.

The woman, who is from Basle, said she had been accessing the internet on her iPhone while in bed.

-----

It's possible she was laying down at work.

In this case, it wasn't the IT department.

Either way, the firing was just.

Last edited:
Or the IT Department that can monitor what websites the employees are viewing.

The article doesn't say that:

The unnamed woman was suffering a migraine and had told her employer, Nationale Suisse, she needed to lie in a darkened room.

The company said its discovery that she was also using Facebook destroyed its trust in her and prompted her sacking.

The woman, who is from Basle, said she had been accessing the internet on her iPhone while in bed.

-----

Heh ... I stand corrected, you are absolutely right.

The article doesn't say that:

-----

Heh ... I stand corrected, you are absolutely right.

:beer:

A smart one that's trying to ensure they have the best employees for their monies paid, who has reason to believe this particular employee might just be full of shit? (As she was.)
Is she is such a loser and they hired her, maybe they aern't as smart as you just gave them credit for.

my dad had an employee call in sick and than did an interview for the news up at the local ski resort! My dad didn't fire her because he thought it was funny plus he is a softy.
The lady was probably friends with someone from her work or her boss on facebook which is how they probably caught her. When I used to call in sick at my old job I made sure I never posted on myspace that day since I was friends with my boss. The lady obviously doesn't have any common sense.

Yes, she doesn't sound like the smartest cookie. You never know who is on Facebook or MySpace. Best not to post anything on there, that might come back to haunt you.

I want to know who ratted her out. If it was the employer spying on her, I have an issue with that.

I've never been one to call in sick when I used to work. I actually enjoyed working. But I do think the penalty meted out seems severe especially if this was her first offense. I don't equate posting a message on Facebook the same thing as going out on the town, shopping, dining, going to the movies, etc.

Migraines come and go. They must have had other reasons to fire her and used this as an excuse. No way of knowing if those other reasons were justifiable or not.

Is she is such a loser and they hired her, maybe they aern't as smart as you just gave them credit for.

And if they have to monitor their employees that closely, something else is wrong at the management level.

And if they have to monitor their employees that closely, something else is wrong at the management level.

Not necessarily. If it is company policy, then there has to be a way to monitor and enforce it. If the business relies on the internet, unauthorized surfing/downloading, etc can take up bandwidth, which in theory, can slow down real "business."

Companies also have to be careful what people are looking at online. A male employee can be looking at x-rated pictures or video. A female employee sees that and now you have a sexual harassment law suit. If the company does not have an internet policy that forbids viewing of that material, the company is now drug into the lawsuit.

Not necessarily. If it is company policy, then there has to be a way to monitor and enforce it. If the business relies on the internet, unauthorized surfing/downloading, etc can take up bandwidth, which in theory, can slow down real "business."

Companies also have to be careful what people are looking at online. A male employee can be looking at x-rated pictures or video. A female employee sees that and now you have a sexual harassment law suit. If the company does not have an internet policy that forbids viewing of that material, the company is now drug into the lawsuit.

I don't think it is about what they were looking at online. It was that she called in sick and somehow they determined that she wasn't sick because she was online.

I don't think it is about what they were looking at online. It was that she called in sick and somehow they determined that she wasn't sick because she was online.

Not in this case. But I'm sure the company had an internet policy.

We don't know what her job was. I'm assuming it had to do with the computer (obviously) because if she had a migraine, she couldn't sit in front of the computer.

She was sick to the point of needing to lay dawn in a dark room - at work. She wasn't home.

It goes to honesty. If you are too sick to work and you have to lay down, then don't be posting from your iPhone.

Not necessarily. People can talk their way in to a job like you wouldn't believe. However, once they're there, with all the bullshit lawsuits out there now, it's pretty damned hard to fire someone.

Forum List

Back