"I'll kill him graveyard dead"

As long as your going to name call....finally the idiot responds. Yes, the gun is good in those situations...you finally admitted it.
Now the answer to your question...yes, a gun is always good to have when someone at 12:30 in the morning is breaking in, and your all alone. What else is the poor woman to think?
This is pathetic. You're ignoring the reality of my statements. I repeat : Having a gun in this particular case brought this woman nothing but woe and grief.
I think you are having a breakdown. Any normal coward would have turned tail by now so as not to bring further attention to his idiocy.

And stupidity reigns with you, Anguille. You don't get it do you, I have already stated that the woman will have some issues, but she knows she did the right thing.
What other option did she have under the curcumstances, that would have made sense? Remember she had no idea what's going on, and she in her mind was protecting herself. She'll get over the "woe" with some good counseling.
Just go back and stick your head in the sand, because your world will look a lot better than the real world, Anguille.

It does not matter to the Statist Whether the Woman did the Right thing, what matters to the Statist is Control, Consent, and Privilege. One set of rules for The Bureaucratic Elite and Their Friends, and crumbs for the rest of Us.

Is there anyone left in this thread that still honestly believes that this incident was a good example of why people should own guns?

This Thread is a Good Example of who You are and Why You should not be allowed out in public unsupervised. You are a good argument for an IQ Test for Jury Duty and Voting.

Is there anyone left in this thread that still honestly believes that this incident was a good example of why people should own guns?

This Thread is a Good Example of who You are and Why You should not be allowed out in public unsupervised. You are a good argument for an IQ Test for Jury Duty and Voting.
You're a little intense, aren't ya?

:lol:

You're a little intense, aren't ya?

:lol:

LOL. Tell Me what Your Perspective is, rather than coloring the issue with unsubstantiated claims, and I'll receive it differently. When I see Terms like "Everybody Agrees", "It is Beyond Dispute or Question", when that is clearly Not the case, I find it offensive. Regardless of One's position in the argument. It is Manipulative and jades the understanding, by It's falseness. Say what You know. We All make mistakes and errors, yet, the true Path changes Us. We can misrepresent it, but We can't change It.

Knowing what we know about the dead man, do you honestly believe that if the woman could take that shot back that she wouldn't do it?

I believe she would take back the shot if she knew his intensions weren't bad, but she didn't know what his intensions were and probably believed the guy breaking in would hurt her.

I'm not going to second guess her actions. She reacted like any sane person would. This woman deserves our support.

Do I feel sorry for the drunk guy? Yes, but his actions created this situation.

I believe there are two lessons to be learned here.

1 - Don't get drunk and break into someone’s house.
2 - A shotgun will take care of business.

Edited to add -

I had not read this -

"She told him that she was armed and that she had called the police and that he needed to leave," said Lincoln County Sheriff Chuck Mangion.
In return, deputies said, Riley started screaming vulgarities at the homeowner. He picked up a patio table and threw it through Jackson's glass patio door.

The above quote was taken from here -

Lincoln Co. Homeowner Kills Intruder - Oklahoma City News Story - KOCO Oklahoma City

Sounds like she did all she could.

Last edited:
Knowing what we know about the dead man, do you honestly believe that if the woman could take that shot back that she wouldn't do it?

I believe she would take back the shot if she knew his intensions weren't bad, but she didn't know what his intensions were and probably believed the guy breaking in would hurt her.

I'm not going to second guess her actions. She reacted like any sane person would. This woman deserves our support.

Do I feel sorry for the drunk guy? Yes, but his actions created this situation.

I believe there are two lessons to be learned here.

1 - Don't get drunk and break into someone’s house.
2 - A shotgun will take care of business.

Edited to add -

I had not read this -

"She told him that she was armed and that she had called the police and that he needed to leave," said Lincoln County Sheriff Chuck Mangion.
In return, deputies said, Riley started screaming vulgarities at the homeowner. He picked up a patio table and threw it through Jackson's glass patio door.
The above quote was taken from here -

Lincoln Co. Homeowner Kills Intruder - Oklahoma City News Story - KOCO Oklahoma City

Sounds like she did all she could.

She certainly did need that shotgun..

Statistics be damned. I sure as hell am glad I am an armed citizen.. LOL!!

The intruder, Billy Dean Riley, 53, was apparently intoxicated as he banged on the door, looking for his pick-up truck. The dispatcher recommended Jackson find a room to go lock herself into. Jackson refused.

"I've got a big shotgun, I'm not going in a tiny bathroom," Jackson said. "Oh crap he's at the back."

The dispatcher told Jackson she was in her legal right to shoot Riley.

On August 28, 2007, the Castle Doctrine went into effect in Missouri. The law, stemming from English Common Law, says the occupant of a home, inhabited building or conveyance of any kind, has the right to use deadly force against an illegal intruder. An occupant has no duty to retreat before grabbing the shotgun and unleashing the lead

In the most basic terms, your home is your castle and you have the right to defend it.

Oklahoma has a similar, albeit less restrictive law, that mandates no duty to retreat -- anywhere.

"I don't want to have to kill this man but I'll kill him graveyard dead," Jackson responded.

Oklahoma Woman Shoots Intruder "Graveyard Dead" - St. Louis News - Daily RFT

"Riley threw a patio table through a plate glass door and Jackson opened up. The sound of breaking glass, followed by a single shotgun blast can be heard on the tape.

Jackson, noticeably shaken, begs for forgiveness.

"Please dear God I think I killed him. Please, father in heaven.""

The intruder, Billy Dean Riley, 53, was apparently intoxicated as he banged on the door, looking for his pick-up truck. The dispatcher recommended Jackson find a room to go lock herself into. Jackson refused.

"I've got a big shotgun, I'm not going in a tiny bathroom," Jackson said. "Oh crap he's at the back."

On August 28, 2007, the Castle Doctrine went into effect in Missouri. The law, stemming from English Common Law, says the occupant of a home, inhabited building or conveyance of any kind, has the right to use deadly force against an illegal intruder. An occupant has no duty to retreat before grabbing the shotgun and unleashing the lead

In the most basic terms, your home is your castle and you have the right to defend it.

Oklahoma has a similar, albeit less restrictive law, that mandates no duty to retreat -- anywhere.

"I don't want to have to kill this man but I'll kill him graveyard dead," Jackson responded.

"Riley threw a patio table through a plate glass door and Jackson opened up. The sound of breaking glass, followed by a single shotgun blast can be heard on the tape.

There are reasons not to put your back to a wall in a room where there is little or no chance of escape.

One: if the intruder breaks the door down, which btw is not that hard to do especially with an interior door, he could be on you very quickly and there would not be time or room to raise a gun and shoot.

And why would you intentionally decrease the potential distance between you and an attacker?

Two: Suppose the intruder(s) barricaded the bathroom door and set the house on fire on the way out?

You may trust the good intentions of people who violently break into your home but don't expect sane people to do the same.

Last edited:

There are reasons not to put your back to a wall in a room where there is little or no chance of escape.

One: if the intruder breaks the door down, which btw is not that hard to do especially with an interior door, he could be on you very quickly and there would not be time or room to raise a gun and shoot.

And why would you intentionally decrease the potential distance between you and an attacker?

Two: Suppose the intruder(s) barricaded the bathroom door and set the house on fire on the way out?

You may trust the good intentions of people who violently break into your home but don't expect sane people to do the same.

She could left the house and run away. The police were already on their way. She was the one who was armed. He appeared to have no weapons. She had other options. She did not have to kill in order to protect herself.

It seems to me that the problem started when he drove drunk in the first place.
But then he encountered a person armed with a gun and armed with the knowledge that the Castle Law in Oklahoma means that to protect her property she could lawfully shoot a man in cold blood without having to retreat first and she would get off scot-free.
She made that choice and shot him. She killed him. She is responsible for his death.
It appears from the tape that after killing him, she is immediately aware that she has made a mistake and begs God for forgiveness.

This story is an example of how owning a gun and having Castle Laws can go terribly wrong.

She could left the house and run away. The police were already on their way. She was the one who was armed. He appeared to have no weapons. She had other options. She did not have to kill in order to protect herself.

But then he encountered a person armed with a gun and armed with the knowledge that the Castle Law in Oklahoma means that to protect her property she could lawfully shoot a man in cold blood without having to retreat first and she would get off scot-free.
She made that choice and shot him. She killed him. She is responsible for his death.
It appears from the tape that after killing him, she is immediately aware that she has made a mistake and begs God for forgiveness.

This story is an example of how owning a gun and having Castle Laws can go terribly wrong.

HE is responsible for his own death
You do realize that most if not all states have the same law about a person who has broken in your house, and you CAN shoot him, right?
You are projecting that she was aware that she made a mistake in shooting him. She asks God for forgiveness that she had to shoot him....maybe?
Many sevicemen in war do the EXACT same thing when they have taken a life.

But, other than that...carry on.

Last edited:

Why should she abandon her home and property? And she probably could not have outrun a younger stronger man and she should not have to.

The person at fault here is not the woman alone in her home but the asshole who violently broke in.

And so what if she has remorse, any decent person would and her remorse does not mean she did the wrong thing.

Again the only person at fault here is the drunken idiot who set this whole situation in motion

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: B94

Forum List

Back