"I'll kill him graveyard dead"

He was an amazing call. Her calmness, her level-headedness, her high level of remorse and her great aim!:clap2:

that's the beauty of a shotgun,, you just have to point it in the general direction of the pig you are going to kill!

Yes, but I imagine that there is a certain amount of satisfaction when you take a scumbag down with a handgun. All the practice at the range paying of and what not...

If you heard the actual tape she was horrified at what she had done.

In spite of your bravado, taking a human life is not easy

that's the beauty of a shotgun,, you just have to point it in the general direction of the pig you are going to kill!

Yes, but I imagine that there is a certain amount of satisfaction when you take a scumbag down with a handgun. All the practice at the range paying of and what not...

Are you aware of the study conducted by Brigadier General S.L.A. Marshall after World War II where he determined that only 15-20% of American combat infantrymen had actually shot to kill? The rest intentionally missed, if they shot at all?

Last edited:
Are you aware of the study conducted by Brigadier General S.L.A. Marshall after World War II where he determined that only 15-20 of American combat infantrymen had actually shot to kill? The rest intentionally missed, if they shot at all?

What a waste of bullets!!!

Are you aware of the study conducted by Brigadier General S.L.A. Marshall after World War II where he determined that only 15-20 of American combat infantrymen had actually shot to kill? The rest intentionally missed, if they shot at all?

What a waste of bullets!!!

That was the Army's conclusion too. Of the 10-15% that did "shoot to kill", 98% had severe psychological trauma over it and the other 2% where deemed to already be "psychopaths).

The bottom line is, despite the tough talk from all concerned parties, human beings really don't want to take the life of another human being.

Last edited:
Ahh but we must be loyal and patriotic and stem the yellow tide....

and more recently. Nuke em all and let god sort em out.
Of course those saying that were not the ones doing the killing. Just directing others.

I heard the actual 911 call. I heard the anguish in her voice. I nearly cried with her. There is no "bravado" in my statement, and none of your interpretations of my statement will change that. I know taking a human life is not easy, there is no doubt in my mind. It is the gravest of acts. But that won't stop me from shooting any dirtbag who threatens me or my loved ones. Any guilt I may feel afterwards, that's guilt I can live with.

I heard the actual 911 call. I heard the anguish in her voice. I nearly cried with her. There is no "bravado" in my statement, and none of your interpretations of my statement will change that. I know taking a human life is not easy, there is no doubt in my mind. It is the gravest of acts. But that won't stop me from shooting any dirtbag who threatens me or my loved ones. Any guilt I may feel afterwards, that's guilt I can live with.

I respectfully withdraw my comment

Didn't we already have a thread on this?

sorry didn't see it

Yep. My hunch is that the 57 year old woman with the shotgun was Strollingbones. :eusa_shhh:

first i am 56...thank you...2nd i prefer a .22 with hollownose bullets....a shotgun kicks so hard..but will hit what is in front of ya...i am a good shot...i can use a .22...i just prefer the feel of a rifle..but i will admit...if someone was breaking in...i would load the shotgun..that is an unmistakeable sound and discourages most...

o thats right....i am a gun owning liberal.....lol....sorry to go againt your stereotypes and all...

i have never "wanted" to kill anyone..but the one time i was confronted with someone trying to break into my home..with just my toddler son and i at home..and this was before you had phone in all the rooms...i had decided..when and where i would kill...and i knew when i decided...that i had it in me....i am just thankful the dumbass didnt enter my home...after trying all the doors and windows....btw i would have gladly let him take anything he wanted...tools and the like...my son was hidden in the bed room closet...i was sitting on the bed....if the bedroom door opened....he was a fucking dead man...graveyard dead...as the lady said...i hope no one ever has to face this type of thing....

o and xisted..that day i used a shotgun..it was a pump....that is how scared i was....i would have pumped it till it ran out of shells....

Went thru Hurricane Allen in South TX in 1980....stupid me...and was the ONLY one in my fourplex apartment to ride it out. Near the end of the hurricane when the power was out, I hear someone knock on my door. Before I could get to it, I heard a knock on the door across from mine. I looked thru the peephole and saw a guy trying to jimmy the door across the way. I grabbed my Winchester 30/30, cracked my front door and cocked it. Needless to say, that is a distinct sound. I swear he broke the 4 min mile beating feet.

I respectfully withdraw my comment

Much appreciated. I suppose, upon further review, there was an air of "flippancy" in my comment. This could come across as "bravado."

Killing someone is something I hope I never have to do, it is a decision that radically changes lives. Many lives. Yours, theirs, friends, family, neighbors. The proverbial pebble in the pond, if you will. I have more than one friend shot and killed, and they were the good guys, so I know first hand the effects.

I realize I am not saying anything you don't already know, but I wanted to say it anyway.

There was nothing good about what this woman did. She killed a man and will live with this for the rest of her life. She didnt want to kill him and begged God for forgivness. She had to anyway.

Yes it was good that she saved herself but no, killing a man, a human being, isnt good. Some of you have serious partisan issues.

Im a democrat that supports guns, imagine that. Im glad she protected herself but its too bad she had to do what she did.

Forum List

Back