Ilhan Omar: It Is Not Enough to Condemn Trump’s Racism

For a black woman that ran away, fled, escaped male driven Islamic oppression and violence, to somehow ignore all that. This country's roots are Judeo- Christian. Not Muslim. Sorry kids. And yet SHE still defends the very thing she and her kin fled? The very religion that slain 3000 innocent Americans because they weren't Muslims? I have to rethink her stance...What could possibly be wrong with that? Hmm.

This country's roots are non denominational and non religious. That fact is written in the constitution.
Your black ancestors disagree. (If you're black at all.)

And your black ass has never, ever, done a hayday in his life,you lying piece of garbage.

Describe to me how hay day goes,k?

You don't speak for my ancestors white boy. Read the constitution, especially the part about freeom of religion. Like I said, I grew up in a small Kansas town. I've done plenty of farm work. I have nothing to prove to you.

Can you make it back? Is the question. I don't need no abortions. :uhoh3:
I've made it back from Tijuana every time so far. You just walk right across the bridge. I can even walk DIRECTLY into Tijuana airport from the United States on a covered walkway. It's super nice.

You might be too much of a snowflake to navigate Tijuana, but for folks made of stronger stuff, it's not that scary.
And you'd have to get a passport so you can't go anyway.
I may be too much of an American to need to go to Tijuana for food. The wall is going up. No Tijuana food for you!

I can get by on what's in my very local neighborhood, baby.
Oh we already have wall/fencing here. It doesn't stop anybody.

So you don't need American farmers either? Fabulous. We can finally stop bailing out stupid farmers who can't manage to run a successful business. Sink or swim or get to the back of the handout line.
Farmers are being bailed out because of the tariffs Trump imposed. They are patriots. You are another dime a dozen self hating American.

You right wing motherfuckers just go too far when you call people un American because they don't accept your fucked up views.
Yeah. Right, but liberal progressives outlaw everything they call fucked up when you don't agree with them as "Hate Speech" . That is in effect what fascism boils down to. They are trying to put a moralistic spin on their form of groupthink. At least Conservatives aren't pulling that cheap stunt.

For a black woman that ran away, fled, escaped male driven Islamic oppression and violence, to somehow ignore all that. This country's roots are Judeo- Christian. Not Muslim. Sorry kids. And yet SHE still defends the very thing she and her kin fled? The very religion that slain 3000 innocent Americans because they weren't Muslims? I have to rethink her stance...What could possibly be wrong with that? Hmm.

This country's roots are non denominational and non religious. That fact is written in the constitution.

And your black ass has never, ever, done a hayday in his life,you lying piece of garbage.

My cracker ass already knows because I've done it several times.

images

This broke ass loser sits around in his mom's trailer playing video games all day and is gonna lecture us on work.

Cracka, please.

You don't speak for my ancestors white boy. Read the constitution, especially the part about freeom of religion. Like I said, I grew up in a small Kansas town. I've done plenty of farm work. I have nothing to prove to you.

So describe how hay day goes then. Believe me, I know.

images

This broke ass loser sits around in his mom's trailer playing video games all day and is gonna lecture us on work.

Cracka, please.

You ain't never done a day of work ever in your life you leftist shill piece of shit. Don't even consider messing with me boy. I got your number, and then some!

If I'm wrong, well..Describe the last day of work you did, then. :)

images

Cracka, please.

You ain't never done a day of work ever in your life you leftist shill piece of shit. Don't even consider messing with me boy. I got your number, and then some!

If I'm wrong, well..Describe the last day of work you did, then. :)

You aint got shit, loser.

And that's why your mad.

Don't blame us for your failures.

There is no doubt Trump is a blowhard and a liar. However, saying go back to your home country is not racist. That’s like saying any criticism of people of color is racist.

I consider IQ2 a racist. Am I a racist for stating such an opinion, merely because he is black?
You might be.

I think the most recent GOP strategy is you can say anything you want about a person, and as long as you don't use one of the color words, you can't be considered a racist.

But you used a color word.
I’m not an R. I hate both parties equally. Trump has been a terrible failure, but not for the stupid reasons the Ds claim.

Are all Rs racists?

Could you please explain why Donnie’s words are racist?

Nice Photoshop pic Trump as Hitler . But then we get down and dirty. Liberals are trivializing real NAZIS.Nice work, assholes AOC and her concentration camp stuff. Brilliant. Real NAZIS put people to death. ICE Detention centers? Hmmm, not so much. Just detain them and deport them. Thats it. So what do we get here? Liberals calling dissent of their bollocks "hate speech". And joy of joys, we Americans citizens losing jobs to illegal aliens , camping on streets. Oh and Democratic run cities giving sanctuary to so called "immigrants" from federal immigration law...WITHOUT the voters consent. Constitution be damned. So this is what America has come too now? I missed something in civics class. I thought our government was supposed to represent Americans, or what was best for all of US . Silly me. The fascist liberals don't like us questioning their facist agenda...Zeig Liberalism!

Last edited:
Can you make it back? Is the question. I don't need no abortions. :uhoh3:
I've made it back from Tijuana every time so far. You just walk right across the bridge. I can even walk DIRECTLY into Tijuana airport from the United States on a covered walkway. It's super nice.

You might be too much of a snowflake to navigate Tijuana, but for folks made of stronger stuff, it's not that scary.
And you'd have to get a passport so you can't go anyway.
I may be too much of an American to need to go to Tijuana for food. The wall is going up. No Tijuana food for you!

I can get by on what's in my very local neighborhood, baby.
Oh we already have wall/fencing here. It doesn't stop anybody.

So you don't need American farmers either? Fabulous. We can finally stop bailing out stupid farmers who can't manage to run a successful business. Sink or swim or get to the back of the handout line.
Farmers are being bailed out because of the tariffs Trump imposed. They are patriots. You are another dime a dozen self hating American.

You right wing motherfuckers just go too far when you call people un American because they don't accept your fucked up views.
Projection city there. It is the Left that is censoring media and using violence.Disagree with them and they ruin your life. And Omar is un-American.

Nice Photoshop pic Trump as Hitler . But then we get down and dirty. Liberals are trivializing real NAZIS.Nice work, assholes AOC and her concentration camp stuff. Brilliant. Real NAZIS put people to death. ICE Detention centers? Hmmm, not so much. Just detain them and deport them. Thats it. So what do we get here? Liberals calling dissent of their bollocks "hate speech". And joy of joys, we Americans citizens losing jobs to illegal aliens , camping on streets. Oh and Democratic run cities giving sanctuary to so called "immigrants" from federal immigration law...WITHOUT the voters consent. Constitution be damned. So this is what America has come too now? I missed something in civics class. I thought our government was supposed to represent Americans, or what was best for all of US . Silly me. The fascist liberals don't like us questioning their facist agenda...Zeig Liberalism!

Get some skills and maybe you'll find a job.

People were here already. And this country was never just for whites.
Like it or not, we were founded as a white Christian country. We're sick of the liberals trying to push diversity on us.
This is a gross misrepresentation of this nation. Wed certainoly were not founded as a 'white' country - that is the height of idiocy. America has never been a nation of a specific race. We are also not a Christian nation - we are a nation founded on a Judaeo-Christian ethic. That is not the same thing. We were founded on the ideal of natural god given rights and that anyone can come here of any race or religion and become American.

Don't make the racist, Somalian savages like Omar, or whatever the inbred beast's real name is, angry!

There is no doubt Trump is a blowhard and a liar. However, saying go back to your home country is not racist. That’s like saying any criticism of people of color is racist.

I consider IQ2 a racist. Am I a racist for stating such an opinion, merely because he is black?
I agree with most of what you said.

I don't believe IM2 is racist.

I think when he posts something valid or worth discussing, he gets a bunch of dismissive responses without any real attempt at discussion. He responds in-kind.

He's a racist. Make no mistake.

You just made one. You can't post an example of my racism and you lied about me wanting to start a race war. You aren't very smart you don't understand much of what I say. So it's simple for you to holler how I am a racist based upon false equivalences you right wing extremists faking as being conservative have made in order to not take responsibility for continuing white racism.

I believe Bootney is a real and legit conservative and we have had great and mutually respectful conversations even as we may have differing philosophies. And he is white. So how can that be if I am a racist?

And I can say the same thing about a number of whites here. So you are mistaken and your mistakes are of no concern to me.

Sure, the ones who agree with your politics. Anyone who does not agree with your politics, or just goes TOO FAR, is racist. Listen, we know.
:laugh:

Here's what happens:

IM2: "Here's how I see things __________." (reasonably explained or he is willing to explain if you ask)

Response: "Shut up, you racist n****r."

:laughing0301:

If you actually listen and you bother to engage, you will get a decent discussion from IM2. But, he is not gonna sit there and take abuse, nor should he. You probably won't agree him, but at least it's a discussion, rather than a mutual exchange of "fuck you."

He doesn't like my viewpoint so I"m a racist with white fragility.

Really.

Read the OP and tell she me what she has said that is unamerican.
It's time to stop listening to Trumps lies.

By Ilhan Omar
July 25, 2019

Throughout history, demagogues have used state power to target minority communities and political enemies, often culminating in state violence. Today, we face that threat in our own country, where the president of the United States is using the influence of our highest office to mount racist attacks on communities across the land. In recent weeks, he has lashed out unprompted against four freshman Democrats in the House of Representatives: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York, Ayanna Pressley of Massachusetts, Rashida Tlaib of Michigan, and me, from Minnesota.

Last week, as President Trump watched the crowd at one of his rallies chant “Send her back,” aimed at me and my family, I was reminded of times when such fearmongering was allowed to flourish. I also couldn’t help but remember the horrors of civil war in Somalia that my family and I escaped, the America we expected to find and the one we actually experienced.

The president’s rally will be a defining moment in American history. It reminds us of the grave stakes of the coming presidential election: that this fight is not merely about policy ideas; it is a fight for the soul of our nation. The ideals at the heart of our founding — equal protection under the law, pluralism, religious liberty — are under attack, and it is up to all of us to defend them.

Having survived civil war in my home country as a child, I cherish these values. In Somalia’s capital, Mogadishu, I saw grade-school children as young as me holding assault rifles in the streets. I spent four years in a refugee camp in Kenya, where there was no formal schooling or even running water. But my family and I persevered, fortified by our deep solidarity with one another, the compassion of others and the hope of a better life in the United States.

The America we arrived in was different from the one my grandfather had hoped to find. The land of opportunity he imagined was in fact full of challenges. People identified me in ways that were foreign to me: immigrant, black. I learned that these identities carried stigmas, and I experienced prejudice as a visibly Muslim woman.

But the beauty of this country is not that our democracy is perfect. It’s that embedded in our Constitution and democratic institutions are the tools to make it better. It was in the diverse community of Minneapolis — the very community that welcomed me home with open arms after Mr. Trump’s attacks against me last week — where I learned the true value of democracy. I started attending political caucuses with my grandfather, who cherished democracy as only someone who has experienced its absence could. I soon recognized that the only way to ensure that everyone in my community had a voice was by participating in the democratic process.

Opinion | Ilhan Omar: It Is Not Enough to Condemn Trump’s Racism
She got off to a bad start that she is never going to recover from, insofar as much of the rest of the country is concerned.

The sooner the people of her district throw her ass out, or the sooner she gets hit by a meteor, the better for the country at large.

I will also never forgive the Democrats for placing her nasty bigoted anti-semitic arse on the Foreign Affairs Committee.

Trump may, indeed, be a racist - or he may just be an uncouth big mouth that tweets and speaks before he thinks...

But There is nothing that this Somali Strumpet can do or say to erase her former faux pas... I no longer care to hear what she has to say.

I don't think Omar is racist for being critical of Israel. That is not racist.

I don't think Trump is racist for calling Omar out in here ironically hypocritical statement about American Hypocrisy (when she, herself took advantage if America's generosity and is now shitting on us). I think Trump did a really shitty job calling her out.

I would have said things differently. I would have highlighted her life being saved by America, rather than tell her to back and fix Somalia.

But, Trump has said and done some racist shit back when he was a Democrat, and got a free pass for his racism (Democrats get a free pass because they own the media).

Although I think his tweet by itself was not racist, his history calls it into question.

Both Trump and Omar should STFU.

How's that?

Not bad. Omar's racism is a lot more up front than Trump's however.

Rep Omar’s comments were not unamerican. Freedom of speech is as American as one can get. If we cannot support the right to speech we do not like, than the first amendment becomes nullified.
I think saying all Dirty Jews must die is kinda Anti American.
It's more like Pro Nazi Germany though....

Google is banning the word "Christian" in some of their searches.

What are you going to do about that?

Simple. Use my freedom of speech to denounce what that person said. Anyone who makes vitriolic comments needs to be called out on them. It should not matter if it’s President Trump or Rep Omar. Neither is immune from being excoriated nor should they be.
And use my right to vote to remove from office Trump and his fellow racist Republicans.

Trump’s racism is not representative of the American people; Trump’s racism is indeed un-American.

The fact that Trump is a racist is a perfectly appropriate and legitimate reason to vote Trump out of office.

Read the OP and tell she me what she has said that is unamerican.
It's time to stop listening to Trumps lies.

By Ilhan Omar
July 25, 2019

Throughout history, demagogues have used state power to target minority communities and political enemies, often culminating in state violence. Today, we face that threat in our own country, where the president of the United States is using the influence of our highest office to mount racist attacks on communities across the land. In recent weeks, he has lashed out unprompted against four freshman Democrats in the House of Representatives: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York, Ayanna Pressley of Massachusetts, Rashida Tlaib of Michigan, and me, from Minnesota.

Last week, as President Trump watched the crowd at one of his rallies chant “Send her back,” aimed at me and my family, I was reminded of times when such fearmongering was allowed to flourish. I also couldn’t help but remember the horrors of civil war in Somalia that my family and I escaped, the America we expected to find and the one we actually experienced.

The president’s rally will be a defining moment in American history. It reminds us of the grave stakes of the coming presidential election: that this fight is not merely about policy ideas; it is a fight for the soul of our nation. The ideals at the heart of our founding — equal protection under the law, pluralism, religious liberty — are under attack, and it is up to all of us to defend them.

Having survived civil war in my home country as a child, I cherish these values. In Somalia’s capital, Mogadishu, I saw grade-school children as young as me holding assault rifles in the streets. I spent four years in a refugee camp in Kenya, where there was no formal schooling or even running water. But my family and I persevered, fortified by our deep solidarity with one another, the compassion of others and the hope of a better life in the United States.

The America we arrived in was different from the one my grandfather had hoped to find. The land of opportunity he imagined was in fact full of challenges. People identified me in ways that were foreign to me: immigrant, black. I learned that these identities carried stigmas, and I experienced prejudice as a visibly Muslim woman.

But the beauty of this country is not that our democracy is perfect. It’s that embedded in our Constitution and democratic institutions are the tools to make it better. It was in the diverse community of Minneapolis — the very community that welcomed me home with open arms after Mr. Trump’s attacks against me last week — where I learned the true value of democracy. I started attending political caucuses with my grandfather, who cherished democracy as only someone who has experienced its absence could. I soon recognized that the only way to ensure that everyone in my community had a voice was by participating in the democratic process.

Opinion | Ilhan Omar: It Is Not Enough to Condemn Trump’s Racism

I think Omar are The Squad are simply the Best thing that's happened to the democrat Party in my Lifetime.

The last 30 years or so its been obvious that they harbor a deep hatred for America, especially our Freedoms and Prosperity. It's equally obvious that they are Socialist, Communist and Fascist at their core; they've just been masking it.

Ive said that in the last 2 elections in 16 and 18 they've "openly embraced their Inner Mao". Meaning they've dropped the masks and pretenses.

I LOVE that the Antisemitic Anti American Jihad Squad is now the face of the democrat Party. They're a PERFECT, walking commercial for Soros's Death to America democrat Party.

Don't just send her back, the entire fucking Party leadership needs their own country, one that does not share a border with the USA.

Trump is calling out The Democrat
Party on true racism and they don’t like being exposed.

Simple. Use my freedom of speech to denounce what that person said. Anyone who makes vitriolic comments needs to be called out on them. It should not matter if it’s President Trump or Rep Omar. Neither is immune from being excoriated nor should they be.
Only she doesn't get called out on it. Her Party and The House under Nancy Pelosi's leadership encourages and Sanctions Antisemitism.

Bullshit. She made a public apology.
Sure she did, and she still flies The Swastika Flag over her Commie Compound, and still believes All Jews and Christians are Dirty Infidels who should be Beheaded.

Nice Lady.

Ilhan Omar Apologizes for Statements Condemned as Anti-Semitic

Ilhan Omar Apologizes for Statements Condemned as Anti-Semitic

You are making things up.
And then backed right out of it.
Ilhan Omar: I Do Not Regret Israel Comment, But I Am Grateful To "Learn How My Words Make People Feel"

And then continued to double and triple down on it as well as she continues to make asinine remarks like this.

Rep Omar’s comments were not unamerican. Freedom of speech is as American as one can get. If we cannot support the right to speech we do not like, than the first amendment becomes nullified.
It's good to hear her explain a little bit about where she comes from and what her convictions are.
It sounds to me as if maybe only one or two people on this thread even read the OP. Say her name and it's like flipping a switch--all the angry, stereotypical rants come forth over and over.
This was an attempt to explain herself. I doubt if anyone who needs to hear it will listen.
Most are not going to listen because a prepared statement to make yourself look better does not cover up the other dozen statements she has made that is deplorable.

So she is able to release a few paragraphs that are coherent and not hateful. Trump has managed the same thing. Does he get a pass from you?

There is a reason that Omar has a 9% approval rating and it is not because of rabid republicans. Even hard core democrats and the democratic base cant stand Omar.

Seems her approval rating is higher than 9 percent in her district. Trump gets no pass because he doubles and triple down on his comments. Maybe we start looking at what the government in Israel is doing instead of Trumps lies. Because there are Jews that agree with Omar.

As an Israeli American, I agree with Ilhan Omar much more than the US politicians weaponising antisemitism

While freshman Minnesota Congresswoman Omar’s alleged antisemitism has been dominating the headlines in the US in recent weeks, in Israel, the controversies have barely been reported on in Hebrew media, and you’d be hard-pressed to find many Israelis who even know who she is. Yet much of the attacks and condemnations she is facing originate in talking points and policies created by the Israeli right, specifically under Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu over the last decade.

Omar has made repeated claims in recent weeks – some not too carefully crafted — that Israel (a country that holds millions of Palestinians under violent occupation) has outsized influence on American foreign policy and that its lobbyists use money to maintain that support.

Since Sunday, she has been defending herself against a barrage of attacks from both Democrats and Republicans for one sentence – arguably one word — she said at an event last week: "I want to talk about the political influence in this country that says it is OK for people to push for allegiance to a foreign country." This has been slammed as a charge of dual loyalty (though she did not specify Jews directly in her comments), an antisemitic trope.

As this has been going on, Omar has been facing death threats and Islamophobic attacks herself, including a poster last week at a Republican Party event which likened her to 9/11 terrorists.

Omar is one of only two Muslim women ever elected to Congress, along with Rep. Rashida Tlaib from Michigan, and they are both the first members of Congress to openly support the Palestinian call for boycott, divestment and sanctions (BDS) against Israel. This has made them the targets of an incomparable onslaught of scrutiny and attacks.

The Israeli government has invested millions of dollars in its campaign to combat BDS around the world, and has worked hard (and largely succeeded) to equate BDS – a non-violent tactic to secure Palestinian rights — with antisemitism, arguing that it denies Israel the right to exist. As an Israeli and a Jew, I do not challenge Israel’s right to exist, but I do challenge its right to exist as the Jewish supremacist, undemocratic, violent state that it is. That does not make me an antisemite, and neither does solidarity with the call for BDS.

Yet this talking point has been fully adopted in Washington. When you look at the anti-BDS legislation that has already swept half of the US and further efforts on a federal level to penalise American businesses which so much as favour a boycott of Israel, it’s no wonder Omar is being attacked. It’s practically a given she would be. A Muslim congresswoman supporting a boycott of Israel is unprecedented in Washington. She is challenging decades-long unconditional American support for Israel while many American legislators are demanding loyalty oaths that enable Israel to continue doing as it pleases – with total impunity.

As an Israeli American, I agree with Ilhan Omar much more than the US politicians weaponising antisemitism

Omar won her district before she exposed herself. Why do you think Trump has abandoned attacking the candidates and instead put Omar and AOC front and center? Because they are massively unpopular with ALL political stripes. By all means, continue to support her and put her front and center. It is by far the most damaging thing the democrats can do for themselves. Pelosi knows this and that is why she is trying to mitigate their exposure and influence.

Forum List

Back