Ike.. the real truth...

hey, i think a $1500 tax credit from the world's different gvts to put in that EPA stove would be well worth it and would be a good use of the world's money! lol

Sorry ladies but forecasting is much more accurate now----they precisely predicted where Gustav went and if you love anyone in Galveston or Houston you had better be telling them to head west.

I can't believe anyone would still doubt it's arrival to Galvaston/Houston, it's getting dodgey there and there've already been some rescues necessary. It's already at a significant '2'; supposed to double in size before it's thru and it's a Mandatory evac.

I can't believe anyone would still doubt it's arrival to Galvaston/Houston, it's getting dodgey there and there've already been some rescues necessary. It's already at a significant '2'; supposed to double in size before it's thru and it's a Mandatory evac.

Why do I have this desire to see one of these weather casters just blow awayyyyyyyyy-----------?

Why do I have this desire to see one of these weather casters just blow awayyyyyyyyy-----------?

and reporters with the guts to stick around, pushing it to the last second.

~Maybe it's the action-junkie in you :) I did go check out how heavy it's hittin' the fan and saw that quite a few people were out on shore, as if playing in it, getting swallowed up by smacking waves... I wondered about them, like bugs drawn to the zapper.

and reporters with the guts to stick around, pushing it to the last second.

~Maybe it's the action-junkie in you :) I did go check out how heavy it's hittin' the fan and saw that quite a few people were out on shore, as if playing in it, getting swallowed up by smacking waves... I wondered about them, like bugs drawn to the zapper.

One of those "bugs" already got washed off a pier in Corpus and drowned.

Damn, and I just sent you good thoughts.

I can think of a least thirty white people I know that have the same attitude about evacuating. Stupid people think they can somehow hold their house together by staying in it. It's got nothing to do with race.

Anyway, I still hope you are okay in the end, retard.

LOL....yes I know I'm a retard. I agree with you, I've seen MANY MANY white people down here (right now) that didn't evacuate when they were told to do so. In fact, I think the white folks may have out done the black folks this time. They had about 30 or 40 people at a beach party in Galveston about 1 hour from the storm. They were drinking and partying and the reporter was telling them..."you're facing certain death." They just kept on partying...I don't know whatever happened to them. I know it's got nothing to do with race. I was really addressing the whole sentiment about George Bush hating black people because of hurricane Katrina. He hasn't been to the Texas coast either.

Last edited:
LOL....yes I know I'm a retard. I agree with you, I've seen MANY MANY white people down here (right now) that didn't evacuate when they were told to do so. In fact, I think the white folks may have out done the black folks this time. They had about 30 or 40 people at a beach party in Galveston about 1 hour from the storm. They were drinking and partying and the reporter was telling them..."you're facing certain death." They just kept on partying...I don't know whatever happened to them. I know it's got nothing to do with race. I was really addressing the whole sentiment about George Bush hating black people because of hurricane Katrina. He hasn't been to the Texas coast either.

good to see yur ok brian!

Any body catch a CNN interview where a woman talks about losing her everything including two lab puppies. She said, "We got back after evacuating and found the puppies drowned in their crates."

She went on to say that she lost everything and will probably have to sleep in her truck...

WTF... people.. she evac'd without the dogs even though she had a truck. She then left them crated on the ground...

Any body catch a CNN interview where a woman talks about losing her everything including two lab puppies. She said, "We got back after evacuating and found the puppies drowned in their crates."

She went on to say that she lost everything and will probably have to sleep in her truck...

WTF... people.. she evac'd without the dogs even though she had a truck. She then left them crated on the ground...

...and therefore somebody owes her, and needs to fix this immediately. :eusa_whistle:

how heart breaking! :(

After Katrina, people were told to take their pets, if they couldn't, then they needed to set them free, no leash, no cage....then they would have a better chance of survival.

Gosh, this makes me sick...jeeps!

o how sad and stupid....i have enough crates to evac all 4 animals....94 lbs....68 lbs and the two cats....look for crates at flea markets etc. you can get them pretty cheap...
and make sure all the crates will fit in your car...cause you are gonna make choices...leave material things...or take animals...if you have any heart you will take your animals. once i put all my animals in the car...i will be letting go of valuable tools etc.

o how sad and stupid....i have enough crates to evac all 4 animals....94 lbs....68 lbs and the two cats....look for crates at flea markets etc. you can get them pretty cheap...
and make sure all the crates will fit in your car...cause you are gonna make choices...leave material things...or take animals...if you have any heart you will take your animals. once i put all my animals in the car...i will be letting go of valuable tools etc.

Yeah.. I had 2 dogs, 2cats on an 11 hour evacuation from floyd severl years ago... there is a responsibility you take on when having taking on pets. Although care for your pets in my case transcends this basic responsibility..as they are members of my family..

I'd rather lose my material possessions than lose my dog. If it were me, I'd find a fucking way to take that dog with me.

Forum List

Back