If Your Position On Any Issue Depends On How Your Perceived Opponent Feels About It

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
Something is wrong.

This is mainly toward Republicans, as they are the minority at this time.

I've seen thread after thread, post after post and sentiment after sentiment that reflects where the average Republican today is at.

Basically, if a Democrat is for it, likes it or wants it, they're against it, never mind if they themselves like it, were for it or want it.

Never mind if they are knowledgeable on the issue or not, once they understand that some "Leftist" is for it...they're against it.

This is not the way our government should be working folks.

The system is broken and the citizens are helping to keep it that way.

Wake up!

My sincere question to the USMB Republicans, RWers and self-professed conservatives...are you really that partisan? Are you really that petty? Can nothing be done. NOTHING?

Say it ain't so.

I had that same thought a moment ago. But it was limited to various posters here, on BOTH sides. But, its true that its just about impossible for a goper pol to reach a deal that gives him 60-70% of what he'd want. We'd have had immigration reform years ago if any goper didn't have to toe the line "deport em all, and let them get in line," which makes as much sense and hitting your head against a wall.

As someone who doesn't subscribe to the ideology of either "end", I can tell you that most of us see this behavior from both ends.

Unfortunately, the ends are where the energy and political influence are residing, so the rest of us can only watch and wish those people would find another fucking hobby.

Something is wrong.

I've seen thread after thread, post after post and sentiment after sentiment that reflects where the average Republican today is at.

Basically, if a Democrat is for it, likes it or wants it, they're against it, never mind if they themselves like it, were for it or want it.

Never mind if they are knowledgeable on the issue or not, once they understand that some "Leftist" is for it...they're against it.

Wake up!

My sincere question to the USMB Republicans, RWers and self-professed conservatives...are you really that partisan? Are you really that petty? Can nothing be done. NOTHING?

Say it ain't so.

come on Marc....i see the same thing with lefties......basically Marc its if you are far right....you are against anything those on the left are for....if you are far left......you are against anything those on the right are for.......moderates on both sides and "RINOS" and " Blue Dogs" can handle a different opinion....but the far right and left.....they are the problem.....

Another lefty with fullofcrapitus, painting with your broad brush just show you for the fool you are and provides you proof of your own projection. Not everyone is like you.

Going to have to disagree Marc

It goes both ways.

Love,

the neighborhood boy scout
No worries.

Just prove me wrong.

The last time the Republicans were in power and the Democrats were in the minority was during the Bush Regime.

Just point out anytime the Democrats swore to stop Bush on every and anything like the Republicans are doing w/Obama now.

I'm not suggesting they were in lock step w/Bush, or they didn't oppose him, but nothing like this. For the most part, they took their licking and went along w/Bush's policies. For the most part.

When have the Republicans EVER went along w/anything that Obama has done or proposed since he became President?

Point it out to me, because I'm clearly missing something.

Something is wrong.

Wake up!

Say it ain't so.

It's the consequence of having few policy positions of merit, and constantly being opposed to everything.

Conservatives are opposed to equal protection rights for gay Americans, opposed to privacy rights for women, opposed to due process rights for immigrants, opposed to education and training programs to address unemployment, and opposed to Americans having access to affordable healthcare.

Conservatives are opposed to, and fearful of, diversity, change, and dissent, as well as expressions of individual liberty – just to name a few.

Something is wrong.

Wake up!

Say it ain't so.

come on Marc....i see the same thing with lefties......basically Marc its if you are far right....you are against anything those on the left are for....if you are far left......you are against anything those on the right are for.......moderates on both sides and "RINOS" and " Blue Dogs" can handle a different opinion....but the far right and left.....they are the problem.....
What percentage, would you wager, are there in either and/or both parties at this time?

If Your Position On Any Issue Depends On How Your Perceived Opponent Feels About It

Your name is MarcATL, AKA the Hack.

Sure MarxATL, that's why when Obama took over Democrats all suddenly supported that which they had opposed and opposed that which they had supported...

What percentage, would you wager, are there in either and/or both parties at this time?

For OPs in this thread, it would be 100%

opposed to privacy rights for women, opposed to due process rights for immigrants, opposed to education and training programs to address unemployment, and opposed to Americans having access to affordable healthcare.

Conservatives are opposed to, and fearful of, diversity, change, and dissent, as well as expressions of individual liberty – just to name a few.

:cuckoo:

Grow a pair and argue issues and stop with the hack droning

Something is wrong.

Wake up!

Say it ain't so.

very small percentages support right or left ... majority rules the middle, yet they insist on electing minorities to represent them ... one day the middle will wake up and a candidate that represents the people rather than the party will emerge and the majority will elect that person to office. When that happens this country will be far better off.

By the people and for the people, people will speak.

It can't happen soon enough.

Something is wrong.

Wake up!

Say it ain't so.

Absolute truth, OP. It's sad how many Wrongpublicans define themselves not by anything they think is good, but rather by what they claim is bad.

Democrats are largely Democrats because they feel positive about something. Wrongpublicans choose their party because they hate what Democrats love, and want to destroy what Democrats create. Think back to the last GOP presidential primary, where all of the candidates emphasized how much they wanted to repeal [President]Obamacare. None of them talked up their own policies, but all of them had bad things to say about what President Obama and the Democrats were doing.

Most Wrongpublicans are just malicious, spiteful pyyple at their base. I'm not sure that there is a cure for it, other than using public education to teach their chyldryn that such hatred is irrational and wrong. We can only hope to breed Wrongpublican bigotry out of existence over time.

Something is wrong.

Wake up!

Say it ain't so.

It's the consequence of having few policy positions of merit, and constantly being opposed to everything.

Conservatives are opposed to equal protection rights for gay Americans, opposed to privacy rights for women, opposed to due process rights for immigrants, opposed to education and training programs to address unemployment, and opposed to Americans having access to affordable healthcare.

hey Jones....if Liberals are just so for gay rights how come my fairly Liberal State has shot down marriage rights for gays not once but twice?....

Something is wrong.

Wake up!

Say it ain't so.

far left and right?.....
around 20% on each side.....there are around 10% on each side who are just about there but still show some sanity once in a while.....thats my take....im sure the far righties and lefties here will say i have a lot of gall and audacity to imply that THEY are the problem with this Country....but hey....thats their problem....

opposed to privacy rights for women, opposed to due process rights for immigrants, opposed to education and training programs to address unemployment, and opposed to Americans having access to affordable healthcare.

:cuckoo:

Grow a pair and argue issues and stop with the hack droning

thats why i call this meatball No_Reply_Jones.....never replies to any questions asked of what HE says....why he even posts is a mystery.....

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Going to have to disagree Marc

It goes both ways.

Love,

the neighborhood boy scout

I agree, but my position depends on my client's demands, the law, research, and the other party's desire never to hear my voice again.

Forum List

Back