If Your Congressman Voted "Yes"

Bobo, your blind partisanship is fucked up. It took BOTH sides of the House to vote this bill down, after a BIPARTISAN group wrote the fucking thing. The American people hated this bailout, and so some members of Congress actually voted against it. At least some people are listening to their voters, for once.

I'm curious how exactly you say that...well actually I'm not..cuz your partisanship is blinding as well.

The Dems delivered their promised votes... the Republicans DID NOT! what part of that escapes you people? This wasn't a Democratic Bill.... why should they take all the heat for passing what amounts to a band-aid that is completely necessary thanks in large part to THEIR fuck ups for the 12 years they WERE in control of Congress and the Bush administrations fuck ups over the last 8 years!

They agreed to go in on a bi-partisan basis and give equal support for the bill so that neither side could be held 100% responsible and the Repubs backed out.

Half the time Americans don't have a fucking clue what is needed to run this country so while all of you are sitting here whining and complaining small businesses are going to start folding because they can't get credit to continue their daily operations.

Every economist that's talked about this, regardless of their political views has said this IS paramount to our economic stability.

Bobo, your blind partisanship is fucked up. It took BOTH sides of the House to vote this bill down, after a BIPARTISAN group wrote the fucking thing. The American people hated this bailout, and so some members of Congress actually voted against it. At least some people are listening to their voters, for once.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Democracy in action!

Exciting times, eh?

-Joe

I'm curious how exactly you say that...well actually I'm not..cuz your partisanship is blinding as well.

The Dems delivered their promised votes... the Republicans DID NOT! what part of that escapes you people? This wasn't a Democratic Bill.... why should they take all the heat for passing what amounts to a band-aid that is completely necessary thanks in large part to THEIR fuck ups for the 12 years they WERE in control of Congress and the Bush administrations fuck ups over the last 8 years!

They agreed to go in on a bi-partisan basis and give equal support for the bill so that neither side could be held 100% responsible and the Repubs backed out.

Half the time Americans don't have a fucking clue what is needed to run this country so while all of you are sitting here whining and complaining small businesses are going to start folding because they can't get credit to continue their daily operations.

Every economist that's talked about this, regardless of their political views has said this IS paramount to our economic stability.

The bipartisan nature of this vote was actually the democrats who joined the republicans in reflecting the will of their constituents for once.

As far as there being 'no credit' available for small business - that is simply untrue. Sure it is tighter, but there is too much profit in loaning money out - especially when you have no other source of income. The wealthy are not going to leave their assets moulding in a vault, leaving them with no income.

Things will stabilize - at least long enough to get this issue out of the hands of a lame-ass duck administration.

-Joe

Last edited:
Here's one for my Congressman, Ralph Regula. I'll be mailing it to all his offices and handing it to him in person.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight... because why shouldn't you let the world economy crash?

I'm starting to believe that people who hate government shouldn't have a say in government cause it's that kind of irrational thought process that is making them terrified of doing ANYTHING.

Incorrect. Those who follow the Austrian theory of the business cycle do not support these bailouts, and know that they will lead to bigger problems down the road.

Ludwig von Mises Institute - Homepage

And Jillian, anyone who trusts their government implicitly is a fool.

I hate this bailout and I am ashamed that 66% of the Democrats voted for it. I truly believe that's what this is all about. Only 33% of the GOP voted for it, so they come off looking like good guys.

It's about that and Bush stealing as much as he can for his boys before he leaves office.

Here is what we should do:

Sweden. The country was so far in the hole in 1992 -- after years of imprudent regulation, short-sighted economic policy and the end of its property boom -- that it’s banking system was, for all practical purposes, insolvent.

But Sweden took a different course than the one now being proposed by the United States Treasury.

Sweden did not just bail out its financial institutions by having the government take over the bad debts. Banks had to write down losses and issue warrants to the government.

That strategy held banks responsible and turned the government into an owner. When distressed assets were sold, the profits flowed to taxpayers, and the government was able to recoup more money later by selling its shares in the companies as well.

The final cost to Sweden ended up being less than two per cent of its GDP. Some officials say they believe it was closer to zero, depending on how certain rates of return are calculated.

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/Sunday/Columns/2361578/Article/index_html

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight... because why shouldn't you let the world economy crash?

I'm starting to believe that people who hate government shouldn't have a say in government cause it's that kind of irrational thought process that is making them terrified of doing ANYTHING.
So you feel the government that CAUSED this mess should be the ones we allow to attempt to fix it with OUR money????? Throwing money at the banks that participated in preditory and subprime lending is a joke and a slap in the face of every American be them Dem or Rep. this economic crises has been in the works since 1979 and finally caught up to us this year. The ground work was placed in 1979, 1995, 1997, 2003, and again in 2005. Look up the legislature that wsa inacted and the fixes that were shot down. You may be surprised...... Who caused and why this happend

The market lost a trillion dollars of value today.

For quite some time it’s been common knowledge that many companies are extremely overvalued. The revaluation or “Mark to Market” of these companies may appear to represent Trillions of dollars of lose but, is it really? If so, how can that be, given they were overvalued to begin with?

Does anybody remember a couple of years ago when all the talking heads, like Cramer and the rest of the CNN gang, were espousing how companies like Goldman Sacks, Merrill Lynch, Morgan Stanley, and the like were “printing presses” of the USD? Well, neither the Treasury nor the FED informed them that they weren’t authorized to print money. Consequently, what’s happening now was (and will be, after the passage of the EESA Bill) inevitable and many on Wall St., as well as, the US government knew it.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: The EESA Bill WILL become law. The only question is: how much more it will cost US? Is short, the people who own the majority of the wealth in this country will fight with all their financial might to see that their wealth does not get redistributed. Wouldn’t you?

This is exactly what I said the Gop would do. Create is fake crisis and then get the dems to take the blame. The dems knew that so only 66 percent of them voted for it. If it really is necessary, more republicans are going to have to sign on.

But then the gop will block any moves that will actually fix the problem. They'll want to give paulson no oversite, or not limit ceo pay, or whatever.
Basically, the gop will now work to make this deal as unfair as possible, and blame the dems either way.

I say this bill is bulshit and the dems are smart to give some now and some later, because obama will fire paulson next yr and reform wallstreet via putting those regulations back.

But I am furious that the majority of them signed this bill. But I still know this is the gop's doing.

ps. Didn't both mccain and obama sign it? I guess you should stay home in november. or bob barr. or nader.

this sounds just like the crybaby you are picking on me rants that go on in Washington. Democrats need to grow up and learn that in order to get along with and work with people it means you might have to stop with the partisanship.

For quite some time it’s been common knowledge that many companies are extremely overvalued. The revaluation or “Mark to Market” of these companies may appear to represent Trillions of dollars of lose but, is it really? If so, how can that be, given they were overvalued to begin with?

Does anybody remember a couple of years ago when all the talking heads, like Cramer and the rest of the CNN gang, were espousing how companies like Goldman Sacks, Merrill Lynch, Morgan Stanley, and the like were “printing presses” of the USD? Well, neither the Treasury nor the FED informed them that they weren’t authorized to print money. Consequently, what’s happening now was (and will be, after the passage of the EESA Bill) inevitable and many on Wall St., as well as, the US government knew it.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: The EESA Bill WILL become law. The only question is: how much more it will cost US? Is short, the people who own the majority of the wealth in this country will fight with all their financial might to see that their wealth does not get redistributed. Wouldn’t you?

yes, it is called "cooking the books"

This is exactly what I said the Gop would do. Create is fake crisis and then get the dems to take the blame. The dems knew that so only 66 percent of them voted for it...
So what you're saying is that after 7 years of Chimpler McBushburton the dems are STILL more retarded than Bush and fell yet again for another nefarious Rovian plot.

whadda bunch o' morans

this sounds just like the crybaby you are picking on me rants that go on in Washington. Democrats need to grow up and learn that in order to get along with and work with people it means you might have to stop with the partisanship.

Are you serious? Seriously? The Republicans acted very poorly during the 6 years they were in control.

Remember they wanted to introduce the nuclear option to end filabusters? Well now they filabuster more than the dems were back then.

So your talk of partisanship is laughable.

But I will agree with you that today I am in agreement with my GOP co-workers that this bill is bullshit and does not solve the problem. It is just one more attempt by Bush to loot the treasury.

And you voted for Bush. No, I will never let you guys forget that. He's your boy. And it SHOULD cost McCain the election, because he's 91% Bush. He's Bush lite. Bush 2.

And maybe you shouldn't have argued with us all these years that things were fine and you were right when we KNEW you were not right and things were not fine. Now you want to play nice? How about you sit back and let some smart men run the economy for awhile. If that sounds a bit elitist, then get used to it because we are just smarter than you. You are richer than us, which makes you feel like you are smarter and more deserving, but you are not.

And when I say YOU, I mean conservatives/Republicans as a whole, not just you.

Say, what about this solution:

Sweden. The country was so far in the hole in 1992 -- after years of imprudent regulation, short-sighted economic policy and the end of its property boom -- that it’s banking system was, for all practical purposes, insolvent.

But Sweden took a different course than the one now being proposed by the United States Treasury.

Sweden did not just bail out its financial institutions by having the government take over the bad debts. Banks had to write down losses and issue warrants to the government.

That strategy held banks responsible and turned the government into an owner. When distressed assets were sold, the profits flowed to taxpayers, and the government was able to recoup more money later by selling its shares in the companies as well.

The final cost to Sweden ended up being less than two per cent of its GDP. Some officials say they believe it was closer to zero, depending on how certain rates of return are calculated.

The New Straits Times Online.......

I am going to respectfully disagree, Chris... The market didn't 'loose' anything. The companies behind the stocks are still at their addresses and the forklifts are still forking in the factory buildings. If they were quality, productive companies last week then the odds are good that they will be quality, productive companies next year.

It is the prices of things that are adjusting, not the value. Capital assets like factories and transportation equipment are still worth something. Yes, wages are going to have to adjust too and that is going to hurt, especially for people not willing to negotiate in reality, but even if unemployment hits 10%, that still leaves 90% of us working.

The stock market will be back as long as we don't fly headlong into infrastructure destroying anarchy, and if that happens, who cares if you have $100 bills or stock certificates to line your clothes with to keep warm?

My republican buddy just said the market is going to do great today.

I hate this bailout and I am ashamed that 66% of the Democrats voted for it. I truly believe that's what this is all about. Only 33% of the GOP voted for it, so they come off looking like good guys.

Exactly, you don't care that a horrible bill was voted down, all you care about is WHO voted it down. Take the fucking blinders off. It's attitudes like yours and Silence's that ruin this country in the first place.

Silence said:

Is it? Exactly which party am I blind to, then?

The Dems delivered their promised votes... the Republicans DID NOT! what part of that escapes you people?

The fact that either side had to promise a set number of votes to make this bill pass says all you should need to know. If enough people wouldn't vote for ON THEIR OWN, then it shouldn't have passed any fucking way.

This wasn't a Democratic Bill.... why should they take all the heat for passing what amounts to a band-aid that is completely necessary thanks in large part to THEIR fuck ups for the 12 years they WERE in control of Congress and the Bush administrations fuck ups over the last 8 years!

Even top Democrats are taking fault in some of the economic problems. Why do you consider to point fucking fingers only at the other side? Get over yourself and your party, for once in your life, and see that the Republicans did THE RIGHT THING.

Good for the Republicans. For once, they didn't get suckered into another bad decision.

My republican buddy just said the market is going to do great today.

The DOW is already up 1.6%, the NASDAQ is up 1.7%, and S&P is up over 2%. They're almost back to where they started yesterday, which is the same fucking thing they did last week - fell a lot, and then came back up the next day.

Now the DOW is up 2.4%, NASDAQ is up 2.7%, and S&P is up 3.2%.

People fucking flip out every time the stock market drops a bit, and when it goes back up the next day to exactly where it was, they don't even notice.

Forum List

Back