If Your Congressman Voted "Yes"

Now the DOW is up 2.4%, NASDAQ is up 2.7%, and S&P is up 3.2%.

People fucking flip out every time the stock market drops a bit, and when it goes back up the next day to exactly where it was, they don't even notice.

My republican buddy just came over and said the rich are making mad money today buying cheap! They made money on the way up and now on the way down. LOL.

But no, I'm not going to play nice when you pricks never do. Everything is either the dems fault or everyones fault with you guys. It's never YOUR fault. Fuck that.

This is totally your fault. You voted for Bush? Then it is your fault. Are you voting for McCain? Then you still haven't learned your lesson.

Funny how you are knocking me for admitting the Dems were suckered into 66% of them voted for this piece of shit. I thought that was me being honest and non partisan, but I guess not.

But it is true I know why they did it. And at least they put in some shit that would actually work. Bush just wanted us to hand him over $700 billion with no oversite after all the shit he did for 8 years because he had no oversite. That's a hoot. Thank God it didn't pass the way he wanted it.

Thank God the American people are starting to see I'm not a conspiracy theorist. They used the same tactic to get their way on the patriot act, the iraq war, fisa, immigration. Now you see they play politics every election and rape us of billions each time. The dems didn't double the debt, the GOP did.

The GOP deregulated so banks didn't have to keep enough money in reserve to prevent such a crash. GUILTY.

The GOP deregulated mortgage companies so they didn't have to verify employment to give someone a loan. GUILTY.

So Jimmy Carter signed a bill that helped poor people get a loan. They had to be working somewhere for 2 years and they had to have a down payment. These people didn't crash the market. It was the people who were suckered into bad loans between 2000 and 2006.

Show me a Democrat saying they are to blame.

My republican buddy just came over and said the rich are making mad money today buying cheap! They made money on the way up and now on the way down. LOL.

Did you ever realize that they are rich because they are smart?

But no, I'm not going to play nice when you pricks never do. Everything is either the dems fault or everyones fault with you guys. It's never YOUR fault. Fuck that.

When did I ever say this was all the Dem's fault?

This is totally your fault. You voted for Bush? Then it is your fault. Are you voting for McCain? Then you still haven't learned your lesson.

I didn't vote for Bush, not once. Point your fucking finger elsewhere.

Funny how you are knocking me for admitting the Dems were suckered into 66% of them voted for this piece of shit. I thought that was me being honest and non partisan, but I guess not.

You did admit that, but then you blame the Republicans for backing out just to make themselves look good. God forbid they actually did the right thing JUST TO DO THE RIGHT THING. Same goes for the Democrats that voted it down.

But it is true I know why they did it. And at least they put in some shit that would actually work. Bush just wanted us to hand him over $700 billion with no oversite after all the shit he did for 8 years because he had no oversite. That's a hoot. Thank God it didn't pass the way he wanted it.

No, thank God it didn't pass AT ALL. We shouldn't bail them out. Period.

Show me a Democrat saying they are to blame.

Fox News Blames Democrats for Financial Crisis, Bill Clinton Agrees | NewsBusters.org

But no, I'm not going to play nice when you pricks never do. Everything is either the dems fault or everyones fault with you guys. It's never YOUR fault. Fuck that...
Because smart people refuse to be scared. This whole thing looks 80% emotionally driven.

Talk about the emotionally driven look at yourself you friggin' fruitcake. Obama promises change and you swoon. Markets drop and you run in circles screaming like a deranged parrot. McCain goes up in the polls and you're dsespondant. The GOP defies Bush and you're angry at both sides at once.

Just kill yourself, it's the only way.

I didn't know imaginary friends count. Tell your imagination that blindfold are for fools.

Fannie, Freddie face accounting probe. Did Congress bailout these guys out?

Lack of transparency in these mortgage backed securities added fuel to the fire. You aren't going to stop the fire with adding $700 billion buying back these complicated financial instruments. Three pages of legislation isn't going to stop the bleeding.

Last edited:
Now the DOW is up 2.4%, NASDAQ is up 2.7%, and S&P is up 3.2%.

People fucking flip out every time the stock market drops a bit, and when it goes back up the next day to exactly where it was, they don't even notice.

Its going back up on hopes that a deal might be reached. Taking that as a reason to say no deal needs to be reached is stupid.

I didn't know imaginary friends count. Tell your imagination that blindfold are for fools.

Fannie, Freddie face accounting probe. Did Congress bailout these guys out?

Lack of transparency in these mortgage backed securities added fuel to the fire. You aren't going to stop the fire with adding $700 billion buying back these complicated financial instruments. Three pages of legislation isn't going to stop the bleeding.

I agree. Fannie and Freddie CEO's walked away with billions and now they get to consolidate power into fewer hands. No one has all the answers of what's going on. I'm just glad more people are starting to realize Bush fucked them for 8 years. And the GOP helped them.

PS. Yes, I am mad that 66% of the dems signed the bad bill. Today the GOP look like they have the balls. Which they do.

They just don't have the brains. You don't need balls when you have brains. Get those balsy mother fuckers out of power!!!

Last edited:
He was right!

Great.

My conspiracy theory, as I always have one, is that the GOP did this to sucker the Dems into voting for it. The GOP stopped it. So will they come out as the hero's and the Dems as the suckers?

I don't think it is playing out that way, but could that be what the GOP's goal was?

If 100% of the Dems in the house voted for this, would it have passed? Is that why only 33% of the GOP signed it? They wanted the Dems to OWN this bailout. Them along with Bush. Bush doesn't care cause he is done with politics. It's off to be a billionaire. PS. He wasn't a billionaire when he became president. Chaney wasn't a billionaire either. They will be when they walk out of office.

Great.

My conspiracy theory, as I always have one, is that the GOP did this to sucker the Dems into voting for it. The GOP stopped it. So will they come out as the hero's and the Dems as the suckers?

I don't think it is playing out that way, but could that be what the GOP's goal was?

If 100% of the Dems in the house voted for this, would it have passed? Is that why only 33% of the GOP signed it? They wanted the Dems to OWN this bailout. Them along with Bush. Bush doesn't care cause he is done with politics. It's off to be a billionaire. PS. He wasn't a billionaire when he became president. Chaney wasn't a billionaire either. They will be when they walk out of office.

I know it's easier to believe in conspiracy theories than to think. But, if you and everyone take off the partisan glasses and actually think about what the right thing to do with this issue is, it is a very difficult and thorny issue.

I think the 95 Dems that opposed it did so for their own reasons. Not the least of which, as I heard one Dem pol saying last Friday the calls are running 70% NO and 30% Hell NO! So I think everyone that voted no can say they did it because they listened to their constituents.

On top of that, there is a fairly firm sentiment on the Repub side that a bail out is the wrong medicine for this ailment. They believe that the proper way to deal with this is to allow the Wall Street banks to fail. Put them through bankruptcy. That way the CxOs with lose their ass and get hurt. The shareholders (read owners) get hurt, but nobody else. Some other company buys what's left, separates the wheat from the chaff and resumes operations.

That's not to say nobody gets hurt. It will probably mean a recession. Banks will tighten up credit until things even out. That will hurt businesses and cause job losses.

Despite all of that, the other side is the Bush team approach. Incidentally, the Dem "experts" told their side a very similar story which is why the Dems are supporting it. They say bail out Wall Street and you won't have a recession. (Maybe) The problem with their side is they won't even say that it will work. Well if they won't even SAY it will work, what's the chance that it will?

No my friend, I smell a rat. A nasty Manhattan rat. No bailout for YOU!!

If you look at who is screaming to be bailed out, its all the Wall Street types. They are shrill. The WSJ is beside themselves with self-righteous fury that Congress didn't pass this. Please. The only thing a bailout will do is preserve their wealth. I have no problem with their wealth, but I'm not going to be the guarantor of it. They can go hang.

You can't just blame Bush for this. His economic policies didn't help in the slightest, but this was going on long before he took office. I don't see either party at fault, the Federal Reserve is who gets the majority of the blame for this one.

You can't just blame Bush for this. His economic policies didn't help in the slightest, but this was going on long before he took office. I don't see either party at fault, the Federal Reserve is who gets the majority of the blame for this one.

Folks, this was the fault of no mere idiot or congress of idiots. There is intelligence behind what is happening. Both parties have been on the way to becoming the pawns of the wealthy since WWII. This is a grab for wealth as the most profitable pawn in history, George Jr., finds the exit. This is a game to them, a game that they are used to winning.

It feels nice to finally be on the score board, but it is far from over.

-Joe

I know it's easier to believe in conspiracy theories than to think. But, if you and everyone take off the partisan glasses and actually think about what the right thing to do with this issue is, it is a very difficult and thorny issue.

I think the 95 Dems that opposed it did so for their own reasons. Not the least of which, as I heard one Dem pol saying last Friday the calls are running 70% NO and 30% Hell NO! So I think everyone that voted no can say they did it because they listened to their constituents.

On top of that, there is a fairly firm sentiment on the Repub side that a bail out is the wrong medicine for this ailment. They believe that the proper way to deal with this is to allow the Wall Street banks to fail. Put them through bankruptcy. That way the CxOs with lose their ass and get hurt. The shareholders (read owners) get hurt, but nobody else. Some other company buys what's left, separates the wheat from the chaff and resumes operations.

That's not to say nobody gets hurt. It will probably mean a recession. Banks will tighten up credit until things even out. That will hurt businesses and cause job losses.

Despite all of that, the other side is the Bush team approach. Incidentally, the Dem "experts" told their side a very similar story which is why the Dems are supporting it. They say bail out Wall Street and you won't have a recession. (Maybe) The problem with their side is they won't even say that it will work. Well if they won't even SAY it will work, what's the chance that it will?

No my friend, I smell a rat. A nasty Manhattan rat. No bailout for YOU!!

If you look at who is screaming to be bailed out, its all the Wall Street types. They are shrill. The WSJ is beside themselves with self-righteous fury that Congress didn't pass this. Please. The only thing a bailout will do is preserve their wealth. I have no problem with their wealth, but I'm not going to be the guarantor of it. They can go hang.

We seem to pretty much agree. The only thing I think you are ignoring is the Bush Republicans who tried to give Paulson ultimate power (section 8) and the bankers the $700 billion with absolutely no oversite and no strings attached.

Forget the truly conservative Republicans. I think they would have given the bankers what they wanted had this not been unpopular back home, but lets say they were standing up for the American people. I'll give you that. But what about the Bush GOP?

You do agree that Bush tried to sell us the bad bill the bankers wanted with no oversite and no strings attached, right? It was a HORRIBLE bill and Bush went on tv and tried to scare us into supporting it.

Please at least tell me you agree with that.

And please acknowledge that he did the same thing pressuring us into the Iraq war. He played politics with Katrina, FISA, Patriot Act and Illegal immigration. He makes up disasters right before elections to force his will on the American people. It's called Disaster Capitalism. Scare the fuck out of us and threaten us with financial ruin or terrorism and then we'll accept him spying on Americans or giving banks $700 billion. We're even capable of being scammed into a bogus occupation.

Bush has been warning about this for ages.

We seem to pretty much agree. The only thing I think you are ignoring is the Bush Republicans who tried to give Paulson ultimate power (section 8) and the bankers the $700 billion with absolutely no oversite and no strings attached.

Forget the truly conservative Republicans. I think they would have given the bankers what they wanted had this not been unpopular back home, but lets say they were standing up for the American people. I'll give you that. But what about the Bush GOP?

You do agree that Bush tried to sell us the bad bill the bankers wanted with no oversite and no strings attached, right? It was a HORRIBLE bill and Bush went on tv and tried to scare us into supporting it.

Please at least tell me you agree with that.

And please acknowledge that he did the same thing pressuring us into the Iraq war. He played politics with Katrina, FISA, Patriot Act and Illegal immigration. He makes up disasters right before elections to force his will on the American people. It's called Disaster Capitalism. Scare the fuck out of us and threaten us with financial ruin or terrorism and then we'll accept him spying on Americans or giving banks $700 billion. We're even capable of being scammed into a bogus occupation.

I'm not the guy to defend Bush. I have a laundry list of problems with him. One of which is he is no conservative. Especially not a fiscal conservative. If we agree, it's by coincidence. I think you have it wrong on conservative Repubs. I think they are the heart and soul of the defiance in the House. They are the ones saying "no way" to the bail out. I'm not sure who the "Bush GOP" is. I can only assume the 33% that voted for the plan.

Look, people are scared. Legitimately. I'm not going to take that away from them. A recession will not be pleasant. I just think some people are buying the "experts" advice and it may not be the best thing to do. Sometimes, you just have to take your medicine. The "experts" are all in the financial field, so they just see not making money for a couple years. Oh well, sorry bout that.

The Federal Reserve is owned by bankers. Yes, it is at the core of our problems. They took over the country in 1913. JP Morgan, Rockafellor and Carnege. UTUBE Freedom to Fascism.

It is virtually impossible to convince people of this until they do their own investigating. Check out Ron Paul.

But if ever in American history we could get the masses to come together to do away with this bullshit organization, it would be now.

We used to manage our own money and it was backed by gold. In 1913, the richest bankers in the world convinced/bribed our government to give them all of our gold and in exchange they would manage our finances. But it wouldn't be backed by gold. No no. The money is only worth what they say it is worth. And they can crash the economy if they don't get their way.

I say take them over, take all their billions and run it ourselves. Put them in jail. Wipe out the national debt. Stop paying interest only on the national debt. Stop taxing our income. It is unconstitutional to tax a man's income.

What power do I have when the member for my area is retiring? Think she really cares what I have to say. I can't vote her out of office, she's leaving the office. Dang it. I'm happy to see her go but dang right now I wish I had an election to hold over her head.

What power do I have when the member for my area is retiring? Think she really cares what I have to say. I can't vote her out of office, she's leaving the office. Dang it. I'm happy to see her go but dang right now I wish I had an election to hold over her head.

I feel ya. My Rep is retiring and one of my Senators. The other senator is Webb, if he votes against this I'll swim the Atlantic ocean. But, I wasted my time and wrote them all anyway.

I'm not the guy to defend Bush. I have a laundry list of problems with him. One of which is he is no conservative. Especially not a fiscal conservative. If we agree, it's by coincidence. I think you have it wrong on conservative Repubs. I think they are the heart and soul of the defiance in the House. They are the ones saying "no way" to the bail out. I'm not sure who the "Bush GOP" is. I can only assume the 33% that voted for the plan.

Look, people are scared. Legitimately. I'm not going to take that away from them. A recession will not be pleasant. I just think some people are buying the "experts" advice and it may not be the best thing to do. Sometimes, you just have to take your medicine. The "experts" are all in the financial field, so they just see not making money for a couple years. Oh well, sorry bout that.

Where were your conservative republicans from 2000-2006 when the GOP doubled the debt? They were forced to go along with Bush/Delay. Here is a little explanation on how things worked back then:

DeLay was known to "primary" Republicans who resisted his votes (i.e., to threaten to endorse and to support a Republican primary challenge to the disobedient representative.)

Employing a method known as "catch and release," DeLay allowed centrist or moderately conservative Republicans to take turns voting against controversial bills. If a representative said that a bill was unpopular in his district, then DeLay would ask him to vote for it only if his vote were necessary for passage; if his vote were not needed, then the representative would be able to vote against the party without reprisal.

What a lot of you don't know about is the games that are played in Washington. You all seem to understand they are all liars but then here you are believing they are sincere with their votes. It's amazing to me.

The Federal Reserve is owned by bankers. Yes, it is at the core of our problems. They took over the country in 1913. JP Morgan, Rockafellor and Carnege. UTUBE Freedom to Fascism.

It is virtually impossible to convince people of this until they do their own investigating. Check out Ron Paul.

But if ever in American history we could get the masses to come together to do away with this bullshit organization, it would be now.

We used to manage our own money and it was backed by gold. In 1913, the richest bankers in the world convinced/bribed our government to give them all of our gold and in exchange they would manage our finances. But it wouldn't be backed by gold. No no. The money is only worth what they say it is worth. And they can crash the economy if they don't get their way.

I say take them over, take all their billions and run it ourselves. Put them in jail. Wipe out the national debt. Stop paying interest only on the national debt. Stop taxing our income. It is unconstitutional to tax a man's income.

Damn Sealy, you found one of my hot buttons.

Basically, every stupid, ill-conceived populist idea and amendment needs to be pulled out by its roots and overturned. The income tax, direct election of senators, William Jennings Bryan crucified on his cross of gold, ok we'll still let women vote, but everything else. Toss it! Including capping the House of Representatives at 435. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid. We need one member for every 250k people. So we have to build a bigger room....big deal.

I think some news program needs to come out with all the shit that happened between 2000-2006 for many of you to fully realize how we got here.

You people holding out, not trying to put all the blame on Bush and his republicans all have very very short term memories.

But I don't blame you. I hear shit I forgot all the time and I say, "oh yea, I forgot they did that"

You guys have to start listening to NPR and Air America Radio. They tell you when the GOP slips bullshit into a bill. ABC and NBC don't tell you about the pork/earmarks that get put into bills. That's why they are not liberal, fair and balanced and they suck.

They help the politicians by not giving us the details.

Forum List

Back