CDZ If you . . .

ChrisL

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2014
Wherever the wild things are!!
If you are a democrat, what democratic policies do you disagree with?

If you are a republican, what republican policies do you disagree with?

I find it very curious how people can just tow the party line in every single instance? I am starting this thread to find out exactly how much do people disagree with the respective parties? Do they disagree with them about any of their stances or policies? Are you always in COMPLETE agreement with your party, no matter their policies or their ways of going about getting what they want? Perhaps there are some tactics that your party uses that you might disagree with? I started this in the CDC because I actually want some answers instead of our usual battering of one another's views and party affiliations. :D

Thanks for your input.

I'm not really a republicrat, I'm tired of the world police dept they're running, I oppose their position on pot legalization, and I wish they'd drop the social issues to the back burner.

I don't mind them undermining abortion and the special rights for queers, but they shouldn't be focused on it.

I'm more of a libertarian I suppose.

I'm not really a republicrat, I'm tired of the world police dept they're running, I oppose their position on pot legalization, and I wish they'd drop the social issues to the back burner.

I don't mind them undermining abortion and the special rights for queers, but they shouldn't be focused on it.

I'm more of a libertarian I suppose.

Thanks for an honest reply. Appreciate that. :)

I find it very curious how people can just tow the party line in every single instance? I am starting this thread to find out exactly how much do people disagree with the respective parties? Do they disagree with them about any of their stances or policies? Are you always in COMPLETE agreement with your party, no matter their policies or their ways of going about getting what they want? Perhaps there are some tactics that your party uses that you might disagree with? I started this in the CDC because I actually want some answers instead of our usual battering of one another's views and party affiliations. :D

Thanks for your input.

Although I hate the thought of aborting a child, I cannot agree that it should be illegal. If my wife aborted my child, I would leave her. When I was dating, and was told the woman I was dating had had an abortion, I broke off the relationships. Those were the choices I was left with. Bringing the law into it was not, and should not be an option.

Although I do not like gay marriage, I find the illegality of it hard to defend. Marriage should be a social contract, not a government authorized relationship in the first place.

I also believe in legalizing Pot. The increased competition for recreational drugs drives down the cost of Beer, and that's GOOD ENOUGH A REASON FOR ME!

Thanks for your input.

Although I hate the thought of aborting a child, I cannot agree that it should be illegal. If my wife aborted my child, I would leave her. When I was dating, and was told the woman I was dating had had an abortion, I broke off the relationships. Those were the choices I was left with. Bringing the law into it was not, and should not be an option.

Although I do not like gay marriage, I find the illegality of it hard to defend. Marriage should be a social contract, not a government authorized relationship in the first place.

I also believe in legalizing Pot. The increased competition for recreational drugs drives down the cost of Beer, and that's GOOD ENOUGH A REASON FOR ME!

Thank you, Pop! :) It's good to see that some people, while holding their personal views, can understand that some people are in different circumstances and perhaps sometimes circumstances that you might not be able to imagine having to deal with. You don't have to think something is a good thing to understand the downfalls of making it illegal.

Thanks for your input.

I disagree on banning abortion, but agree about overturning Roe
I disagree on not allowing SSM, but want to overturn Obergfell in part
I disagree with the side of the party that wants amnesty.
I disagree with the side of the party that doesn't want to let the States decide about Pot

Thanks for your input.

I disagree with the side of the party that doesn't want to let the States decide about Pot

But wouldn't overturning Roe be putting a ban back into effect? I know that abortion is far from tasteful or even appropriate, but what is important to understand is that if a person is THAT much against even being pregnant, that person probably has no business becoming a parent at all. It is good that they are aware of this and decide not to have any children, IMO.

I am pro choice, but I don't like abortion either. I think it should be a last resort because of sheer cruelty of it. Cutting up a baby in the womb? I don't know about any other mothers here, but when I was pregnant, I thought of my baby as my child and not just a clump of cells. The last thing I would do is allow someone to kill my unborn child just because it was inconvenient to me at the time. However, everyone is not me. There are some people out there who might be in dire circumstances, such as being homeless or whatever.

So, while I am considered pro choice, I do not agree with the tactics that other pro choicers use. I do not think of abortion as something to be encouraged or celebrated at all. However, it should be option because some people don't have very many other options.

Thanks for your input.
It would be nice if you answered your question. My answer is I disagree with SOME Republicans. The ones who act like Democrats and support open borders.

I an not a member of either party.

In general, though, I hate the utter hypocrisy of democrats due to the stupidity of identity politics and the utter refusal of the republicans to deal with environmental issues in a sensible way.

......and much more.

As far as gay marriage goes, for me, I couldn't care less about it. It affects me in no way whatsoever, and I have yet to hear a valid argument that goes against it. If two gay people want to be married, I don't see how that should be a problem for anyone else. That's how I feel about that particular issue.

Thanks for your input.

I'm a conservative, not a Repuklican.

The reason I don't embrace the Pubes is because they are for big government, and disdain the Christian right, even though they give them lip service of support.

In fact, I think most Pubes would protest over turning Roe vs. Wade.

As for what they get wrong, did you see the last Omnibus Bill. They spent more money than Obama and fully supported Planned Parenthood and no funding for the border wall. In other words, they are full of poo.

As for gay marriage, however, a secular government should not even be in the business of marriage. The state should pull out altogether. But the state never pulls out of anything. No, they just continue to stick their nose into everything.

Why should those who marry be given government perks? For what? And why can't polygamists marry if gays can? State sanctioned marriage is just another brainless entitlement that divides America. Some are worthy of it, others are not.n This division is then fodder for future political campaigns to divide and conquer the nation.

I really don't care about the legal reasoning Progs use to do what they do. After all, the legal reasoning of lawyers got us where we are, wars around the globe, the most debt in human history, and an insane immigration policy of ignoring Federal laws with no border wall.

The radicals are in charge.

Thanks for your input.
It would be nice if you answered your question. My answer is I disagree with SOME Republicans. The ones who act like Democrats and support open borders.

I'm not a republican or a democrat, so obviously I disagree with both parties on a lot of different issues. I am asking this question of members of the democrat and the republican parties.

Thanks for your input.

But wouldn't overturning Roe be putting a ban back into effect? I know that abortion is far from tasteful or even appropriate, but what is important to understand is that if a person is THAT much against even being pregnant, that person probably has no business becoming a parent at all. It is good that they are aware of this and decide not to have any children, IMO.

No, all it would do would throw the issue back to the States. In most blue states there are already laws on the books protecting abortion, and if ever the others though Roe was in trouble, I'm sure they would pass a law protecting it within weeks

So, while I am considered pro choice, I do not agree with the tactics that other pro choicers use. I do not think of abortion as something to be encouraged or celebrated at all. However, it should be option because some people don't have very many other options.

You're not alone Chris. It comes down to diminished capabilities as far as I'm concerned. In this case, both the fetus and the Mother may have diminished capabilities. It's a rough call, but to apply a standard that compels anyone who may not have the mental capacity to make a sound and reasonable decision is simply not a call I am comfortable making. After the event the person often times feels regret and mourning for what they did. That must be horrible, but I still don't think I want to force it on anyone.

Thanks for your input.

The reason I don't embrace the Pubes is because they are for big government, and disdain the Christian right, even though they give them lip service of support.

As for what they get wrong, did you see the last Omnibus Bill. They spent more money than Obama and fully supported Planned Parenthood and no funding for the border wall. In other words, they are full of poo.

As for gay marriage, however, a secular government should not even be in the business of marriage. The state should pull out altogether. But the state never pulls out of anything. No, they just continue to stick their nose into everything.

Why should those who marry be given government perks? For what? And why can't polygamists marry if gays can?

I really don't care about the legal reasoning. After all, the legal reasoning of lawyers got us where we are, wars around the globe, the most debt in human history, and an insane immigration policy of ignoring Federal laws with no border wall.

I don't care who gets married or for what reason. I feel that is really none of my business. If you want to marry 6 men or 6 women, then all I have to say is "why?" and "good luck to you, brother/sister!" :D

Thanks for your input.

Why should those who marry be given government perks? For what? And why can't polygamists marry if gays can?

I really don't care about the legal reasoning. After all, the legal reasoning of lawyers got us where we are, wars around the globe, the most debt in human history, and an insane immigration policy of ignoring Federal laws with no border wall.

I don't care who gets married or for what reason. I feel that is really none of my business. If you want to marry 6 men or 6 women, then all I have to say is "why?" and "good luck to you, brother/sister!" :D

The far Left wants it to be the business of the Federal government. They desperately want the state in their bedroom despite what they may claim to the contrary.

For Dims, if Nancy Pelosi does not approve, they should not be able to get married.

If you removed the state perks for getting married, or simply gave those perks to every citizen, then the only ones who would get married would be those who want to honor their commitment before God. Divorce would all but disappear, but that is also something Progs fear. After all, the government is made up of lawyers and doing away with divorce lawyers who drain the money from families across the nation that are breaking up would be bad for business.

As far as gay marriage goes, for me, I couldn't care less about it. It affects me in no way whatsoever, and I have yet to hear a valid argument that goes against it. If two gay people want to be married, I don't see how that should be a problem for anyone else. That's how I feel about that particular issue.

My issue is that the federal government has no right to force a State to allow it if the State doesn't want it. What the feds CAN do is force states to recognize SSM licenses issued by other States under full faith and credit, same as driver's licenses, and one of these days I hope, CCW's.

Thanks for your input.

Nobody actually agrees on everything with any other individual, no less a bunch of people all completely agreeing on a whole bunch of issues and practices. The problem is that people allow their psychological need for acceptance and security to guide their actions, instead of applying introspection to clean that stuff up. There's no honesty or wisdom in a group mentality; only self-serving emotional appeasement.

Forum List

Back