If you woke up as President

You cant do much of anything, unilaterally without votes in Congress.

Exactly! I would call in both the Speaker of the House and the Senate Leader. Explain to them that I don't look upon partisanship as a way to conduct the nation's business and attemp honestly work with both sides to get the nation's work done. The Vice-President would be tasked with working things out with both parties. It would not be my way or the highway as this present "leader" is doing.
How is it that Reagan was able to workin with Tip O'Neal, yet Obama says he'll work with Boenher, but keeps changing the goal post each time they meet?

You cant do much of anything, unilaterally without votes in Congress.

I would show Congress what leadership looks like. They are so clueless and cowardly, they would become dizzy just trying to keep up with me, much less finding a way to stop me.

I'd have the American people calling for their heads if they tried to stop me.

Besides, all I have to do is tell them I am a Republican, and the Republicans would support me no matter what I did. I could throw puppies into rush hour traffic, and I'd still have those crazy dipshits with me all the way.

It would be a downhill battle from there.

Last edited:
If I woke up as President what would I do?

1) I would have an immediate joint meeting with both houses of the Congress and tell them that we were going to get our house in order. First of all, we would create a law that required a balanced budget every year, we would no longer borrow money to pay for things we could not pay for ourselves, we would cut all government programs by 15% across the board and the money saved would go towards paying off our national debt, we would revamp our tax code to a flat tax which would be 10% across the board for all American citizens and there would be no kind of deductions, loopholes, etc., we would greatly reduce our foreign aid, and we would craft laws that would impose term limits on people serving in the Congress and there would be no more eleborate retirement plans and medical plans for members of Congress. In addition, beginning immediately, all members of Congress would be subject to the laws of every other citizen in the United States. Then I would go have breakfast. After lunch, I would go to my oval office, call the Secretary of Defense and have him immediately issue an order to bring all of our troops back home in time for Christmas.

^ broke the board's rules, what a grown up. A forum with like two rules and he cant even abide.

What rule?

the implication of harming another member.

dont tell me you take sides in side-bar nonsense based on people's politics.

thats pretty whack. what he said was on some douchebaggery tough guy shit.
He broke no rule.

But, if you think he did, report him and quit whining about it on the board.

What rule?

Stop being a pussy Mr bad ass rapper.

:badgrin:

I wasnt being a pussy, I was being facetious and offered to call him to clear it up.

And taking side swipes at me when I've generally been cordial with ya? Thats the types I turn dick-to on the boards dude. It's a sliding scale, but I never stop showing respect until it's initiated elsewhere.

^ broke the board's rules, what a grown up. A forum with like two rules and he cant even abide.
Do you whine like a little bitch all the time, or just when you are on the internet?

Internetz tough guy. pm me your number, bro. We can just talk on the phone like grown ups and civilly resolve these differences you apparently have. dont be shy, bro.
Sucks to get punked in public, doesn't it?

Do you whine like a little bitch all the time, or just when you are on the internet?

Internetz tough guy. pm me your number, bro. We can just talk on the phone like grown ups and civilly resolve these differences you apparently have. dont be shy, bro.
Sucks to get punked in public, doesn't it?

You not stepping in and taking the call.

is punking you enough for me.

See, I'da actually called. S'now that.

What rule?

Dude you used to Threaten to Kick my Ass every other day... :thup:

:)

peace...

Forum List

Back