If you woke up as President

If I woke up as president, if be smoking what you are.

End all foreign entanglements immediately, close every non-US military base. Turn those bases over to the coutnries they are in as an act of good faith. Redeploy troops to secure our embassies. Bring the rest home.

That's about all a president can manage without a working congress.

End all foreign entanglements immediately, close every non-US military base. Turn those bases over to the coutnries they are in as an act of good faith. Redeploy troops to secure our embassies. Bring the rest home.

That's about all a president can manage without a working congress.

The ones brought home would be used to secure our boarders. Then I'd call congress to session to gut the federal govt. until I can drown it in a bathtub. Then use any revenue we have to pay off our debt. If I could manage such a feat.

What would you do?

1. get our troops out of that God forsaken rock strewn wasteland known as Afghanistan.
2. Recall out Ambassadors from all rogue nations.
3. reduce by 50% our military presence in foreign countries.
4 place those combat troops in newly built posts on our southern border and at our sea ports.
5. by attrition and elimination of redundant positions, cut federal staff by 50%.
6 Eliminate all rules which permit federal workers from avoiding the social security system. And ban the banking of vacation and sick time and permit padding of wages close to retirement.
6. cut all non essential federal spending by eliminating departments that govern activities which should be STATE issues. Examples would be Housing and education.
All colleges and universities would be informed that as of 5 years from now, all federal funding will cease.
7 push the Congress to write a bill requiring a vote on a Constitutional Amendment mandating a balanced federal budget..
8 Get those two US Border Patrol agents 'convicted' of shooting that scumbag drug dealer OUT of prison with a full Presidential Pardon AND back pay for every day spent in prison.
9 Order construction of the Keystone Pipeline to commence as soon as humanly possible.
10. eliminate all farm subsidies.
11. Eliminate the gasoline ethanol subsidy
12. mandate ONE blend of gasoline to be used throughout the entire year instead of this hodgepodge of boutique fuels we have now.
13. an immediate upgrade of our national air traffic control system computers.
14. Ban the use of the words "red" and "tape" from the government lexicon. And anyone who stops a project or otherwise impedes the progress of a duly noted process will be FIRED immediately and prosecuted for willful misconduct.
15. eliminate Obamacare. Strike down all regulations that prevent insurers from doing business across state lines.
16. increase medicare reimbursements to 100%. This program will either thrive or die. Let it compete with the private sector.
17. Lower the capital gains tax to 15%. Lower the corporate tax rate to 10%. Offer incentives for any business currently doing business overseas to bring their operations to the United States.
18. Eliminate all road blocks to the construction of oil refineries.
19. name a task force to study how to improve the national electrical grid and begin construction and/or update of technology within 12 months.
20. Set the income tax rate at 15% for all earners over $30k per year, $45k per family.
21. Place the responsibility of social issues in the hands of the States.
22. increase the federal fuel tax to 25 cents per gallon. ALL NEW money will be HELD in a Road and infrastructure fund to be used ONLY for those purposes.
23. For all workers under the age of 50 a new social Security system. All money collected will be held in individual accounts. No one in government may touch this money. The funds are to be in an interest bearing account. Upon retirement the owner of the money begins collecting. He or she may set their own pace at which they would like to receive their money. Weekly. Monthly or in a Lump sum. This money is NOT TO BE TAXED.
24 Eliminate the inheritance tax for all. Instead, tax all inheritance above $5 million per individual and $10 million for each family at a rate of 10% per year. That will include the initial receipt of the inheritance and any income derived therefrom.
Real property is excluded from the tax. Business holdings are subject to the tax. If the heir SELLS the business for a profit, the equity is taxed as income.
25 crate federal regulations protecting consumers that the current FTC does not cover. Shorten the time to resolve these cases to 90 days.
26. Eliminate the lag time taken to for decisions on Social Security Disability claims. People are some times waiting two years for a case worker to even LOOK at the file.
27. Establish a federal DOT police force to further regulate all interstate carriers which includes trucks and buses. This will relieve state and local police of this expensive burden.
If we can have the FAA and the NTSB, we can have people on the ground to enforce DOT regulations. These officers MAY NOT operate in unmarked vehicles. Unless there is the need for an undercover investigation to prevent or stop in progress a major interstate crime or sting.

Last edited:
Take a joy ride in AF1 then dump the sorry thankless job off on the VP and go home.

It happened to Harry Truman. He was hand picked by the democrat national committee to run for V.P. while the sitting V.P. was on vacation. Three months later the clueless former senator woke up and became the first (and only) president in US history without a college education.

INCORRECT!

Did not graduate from college:

George Washington (The death of his father ended Washington's formal schooling; however, he believed strongly in formal education. In his will, he left money and/or stocks to support three educational institutions.)

Andrew Jackson

Martin Van Buren

William Henry Harrison (attended college but never received a degree)

Zachary Taylor

Millard Fillmore

Abraham Lincoln (had only about a year of formal schooling of any kind)

Andrew Johnson

Grover Cleveland

Harry S. Truman (went to business college and law school but did not receive a degree)

List of Presidents of the United States by education - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He was actually the LAST president not to have a degree, not the first.

Last edited:
I would reach into My pocket, pull out My credit card and order two eight foot pens with the word "VETO" emblazoned on them. I would then have them sent to the Speaker of the House and the President of the Senate with a note that says..

"Nothing goes by My desk until we meet and discuss a few things".

I would then do the only thing I would have the authority to do. Clean up the Executive Branch.

If you woke up as President What would you do?

1. Raise the Social Security and Medicare eligibility ages to 70.

2. Eliminate all tax expenditures and make the ban permanent.

3. Cut Defense spending to pre-war levels.

Then I'd have lunch.

Forum List

Back