If you were to pack up your bags & leave where would you travel right now?

DELETED ACCOUNT

Aug 19, 2021
I know most people might have thought about this at least once, where would you go if you were to pack up and leave right now?

If I were driving, I'd go to Michigan and visit an old Navy buddy. He just bought a 7,500 square foot home on a river up there.

If I'm flying? The guy I used to do radio with in San Diego retired to Roatan and ended up buying a radio station down there. He's been after me to come down for a visit for the last few years, so I think I'd probably check that out...

If you're talking about a vacation, like a week or two maybe in September, then I'd go back to my home town in Michigan where I was born and raised. Haven't been back in decades now, for one reason or another.

But if you're talking about somewhere to live permanently, I'd stay right here in south Texas, maybe more west on I-10 to Kerrville or Junction. I'd rather deal with the summer heat in here than the cold weather further north.

I didn't know they had feet in Canada! I thought they had meters.

Find me someone who measures in metres (our spelling), centimetres or kilograms and I will show you someone who is probably young or a math grad.

Canada measures everyone in feet, inches and pounds. Even in our gyms when you grab a weight. In school when we wrestled it was in kilos. That's the only place I've seen it applied in my life.

Oh, now that I think, there are SOME non-emperical references we use alot. Such as litres of gas, litres of milk. We've never used gallons (my dad did when I was a kid and I couldn't understand him). Kilometres sometimes rather than miles is also potentially more rampant, but it's more 50/50.

Find me someone who measures in metres (our spelling), centimetres or kilograms and I will show you someone who is probably young or a math grad.
I measure in meters--- one meter = 39.37 inches! And a centimeter = 10 millimeters which equals 25.4 mm to one inch and one inch = 2.54 centimeters. From that you can figure most anything.

Oh, now that I think, there are SOME non-emperical references we use alot.
I think you mean imperial units.

I measure in meters--- one meter = 39.37 inches! And a centimeter = 10 millimeters which equals 25.4 mm to one inch and one inch = 2.54 centimeters. From that you can figure most anything.

I think you mean imperial units.

Yeah imperial vs metric.

Meh, I know we just use what we use. I've never in my life heard someone give their height in cm or weight in kg. On our drivers licenses etc, yes, it's in cms, but them also in pounds.

Ultimately, we are just influenced by you. Europeans probably laugh at us too.

Somerset, England. Quiet green fields, gorgeous sunsets, Glastonbury, right by Stonehenge, reasonable driving distance to London and all of its goodies.

I know most people might have thought about this at least once, where would you go if you were to pack up and leave right no

Oh, there is only one place in either this country or in the world that I would dare visit: JAPAN.

I have read (and believe) that one can walk down a Japanese street at midnight and no predator will bother you. The Japanese (at least in public) are civilized.

I certainly would never dare do something like that in any American city or any other city in the world with the possible exception of Finland and Norway and Iceland.

I was talking to my wife the other day and told her that I was thinking about driving out to Spokane WA to see my daughter. 1950 miles each way. She had to cancel her trip here due to some really cool guardianship legal stuff that is now scheduled for the same time that she had planned to come out here.

Every time I said drive, my wife would correct it to fly

She told me that if I drive, she is coming too which means stops every other hour [how many cases of water are you bringing?!] and will also change my vehicle choice. In my mind, I would take this with the MX-5, driving a thousand miles each day, not her SUV
Example of a 900 mile day in my wife's SUV. It would be so much more fun in my MX-5

Picking my battle targets. Now I'm talking her into letting me drive 100 miles for a soda Saturday morning telling her that I would be back in time to help my step son move out of his house.
What can I say, I like driving.

Wife and I are talking about a drive out to Florida in a few months. I'm more excited about the drive than going to Florida. This one she did give me the blessing to take the MX-5. She did say that the new MX-5 [ND2] is more comfortable than the old one [NC] that I had.

Boulder, Colorado. Lots to do, lots to see. Healthiest place in the world. Friendly people. What more could anyone want?

Oh, there is only one place in either this country or in the world that I would dare visit: JAPAN.

I have read (and believe) that one can walk down a Japanese street at midnight and no predator will bother you. The Japanese (at least in public) are civilized.

I certainly would never dare do something like that in any American city or any other city in the world with the possible exception of Finland and Norway and Iceland.
You don't have to be so scared of America.

Forum List

Back