If you were President?

I'd ride around in "the Beast" a lot and take lots of trips on Air Force One. Play cards with senators and representatives 3 or 4 evenings each week and invite local church groups around the District of Columbia area to dinners at the White House featuring great entertainment. Hire interns to compose insulting replies to nasty USMB posters. Schedule impromptu television addresses during shows the wife hates (since I don't watch any TV shows but Shark Tank and The Profit on Hulu, she'll have her pick). Toss out first pitch at the Tribe's opening day, lead crowd in Take Me Out to the Ball Game at a Diamondbacks game. Drop a ceremonial puck at one Buffalo Sabres and also a Toronto Maple Leafs game. Attend the Super Bowl with a group of comedians. Go to an Air Force base runway and see how fast we can get "the Beast" up to. Visit the Holy Land and Universal Studios. Allow 4H'ers to raise goats on White House lawn.

I would write an EO for everyone to love each other and get along.

I'd shutter the Dept of Ed and any agency that is redundant. Congress can allocate money, that doesn't mean the executive branch must spend it.

Well, for sure, you would find it easier to compete if all were as ignorant as you. LOL

30 Years, 3 Trillion dollars later, DOE has given us lower test scores and higher dropout rates. Of course you regressives would insist on trowing good money after bad. Proving regressiveism is in fact a mental disorder.

I'd shutter the Dept of Ed and any agency that is redundant. Congress can allocate money, that doesn't mean the executive branch must spend it.

Read the constitution. It's like Trump deciding not to spend allocated money on sanctuary cities. Trumps latest judicial spanking.

I guess you don't understand what a grant is, it's something you have to apply for, they're not automatic.

I may be mistaken, but I think that the Founding Fathers intended the Congress to be the most important branch of the federal government.

I do believe that the President should be some kind of unifying symbol. (A "king," if you will.)

In other words, Congress should be the object of people's likes and dislikes, not the President.

If I were President, I would try my best to make friends with all of the politicians on the Hill.

I would regularly invite them to the White House for chats, lunches, etc. where I could share my opinions, not orders.

I would spend a lot of time on ceremonial functions (welcoming foreign dignitaries; pardoning the Thanksgiving turkeys, attending baseball and football games, etc.).

I would purposely make myself "beloved" by the people, thus defusing some of the tension caused by whatever Congress decides to do or not to do.

I would use the "veto" very rarely, and I would explain the reason to the people in a televised speech.

I definitely would NOT criticize any other elected official or ordinary citizen.

I may be mistaken, but I think that the Founding Fathers intended the Congress to be the most important branch of the federal government.
IMHO You're not mistaken, it's one of the reasons that the legislative branch is established and it's powers are defined in Article I. Congress represents the widest breadth of interests across the entire nation so it only makes sense that it stands first among equals, the founders also took into account the history of the Roman Senate and how its authority had been usurped by Sulla and the Caeser(s) and wanted to avoid a repeat. ;)

I do believe that the President should be some kind of unifying symbol. (A "king," if you will.)

In other words, Congress should be the object of people's likes and dislikes, not the President.
That depends on the person in the Oval Office, some have been inspiring unifiers, others policy wonks, others competent executives that engaged little with the general public and still others just egomaniacal blowhards (see: Trump, Obama, Bush II).

The Presidents primary job is to oversee the operations of the executive branch and to serve as a check & balance against the legislative and judicial branches, if he/she also happens to be a unifying presence for the citizenry that's a bonus.

How would you run this country?
I would actually keep my oath of office, run the country Constitutionally, and enforce the Rule of Law. It's not 'rocket science'...but to most politicians....and the former President, it might as well be.

The most impressive thing I've noticed with Trump is, all that power and he has none. Judges strike down his Executive Orders, even when the mirror Obama's, and Congress won't pass anything for him to sign.

Here we have the most powerful man in the world neutered by the establishment. It really is a site to behold.

Once another Obama clone gets in there they will be free to start wars with impunity and to pretty much as they like no matter how unconstitutional, just like Obama did. The GOP won't make a peep.

What is that site's URL? I'd like to see it!

I'd reverse most of the shit Trump has done and do as I pointed out in my democrats winning thread.

-Rebuild the unions
-enforce anti-trust laws
-reform education and fund it
-Rebuild our infrastructure
-Invest in science and go to mars, nuclear fusion and cancer research
-I'd be the president of human rights

Unions are not a function of the federal government.
Anti-trust laws? Who would you target?
Education is not a function of the federal government.
Infrastructure is not a function of the federal government.
Science in general is not a function of the federal government.
I think you are more interested in subhumans from your postings.

I guess 2 out 6 isn't bad if you are swinging a bat.

-reform education and fund it
So, instead of spending way more per student than any other developed country, you'd spend way, way, way more?
Like we do with the department of defense?
We need to spend more on defense After all we need to destroy the world 5 x over

Don't get me wrong I believe in defense, but the far right is insane! I'd cut it to 350 billion per year and audit the department of defense to make it more efficient. I'd stay the hell out of war unless we need it for defense.

What exactly would you cut since Presidents don't control the budget?

Well, for sure, you would find it easier to compete if all were as ignorant as you. LOL

30 Years, 3 Trillion dollars later, DOE has given us lower test scores and higher dropout rates. Of course you regressives would insist on trowing good money after bad. Proving regressiveism is in fact a mental disorder.

What does the Department of Energy have to do with anything like that? Is it the radiation?

I'd declare martial law. Probably have anyone who disagreed with me assassinated. Then I'd declare myself Emperor. Then I'd nuke Nebraska. Just for shits and giggles. Because do we really need Nebraska? Fuck Nebraska.
Lol what is Nebraska anyways?

It's a large landing pad for the aliens to use when they beam up unsuspecting farmers for a good old fashioned anal probing.
As a representative of an alien race from far, far, away...

On the other side of L.A.

We ceased using anal probes during our experiments.

It seems that Earthlings took too much pleasure in this activity and it interfered with our desired results.

alien_probe.jpg

I'd declare martial law. Probably have anyone who disagreed with me assassinated. Then I'd declare myself Emperor. Then I'd nuke Nebraska. Just for shits and giggles. Because do we really need Nebraska? Fuck Nebraska.
Lol what is Nebraska anyways?

It's a large landing pad for the aliens to use when they beam up unsuspecting farmers for a good old fashioned anal probing.
As a representative of an alien race from far, far, away...

On the other side of L.A.

We ceased using anal probes during our experiments.

It seems that Earthlings took too much pleasure in this activity and it interfered with our desired results.

View attachment 162357

That's what you get from doing all of your experiments in San Francisco!

How would you run this country?

• I'd ask the people in each executive office what is wrong and how they would fix it - manage by walking around.
  • I'd interview each Sect. of each executive agency before deciding on replacing them or keeping them. Experience matters.
  • I'd call every Governor of every state on the state of their state, and what policies they would recommend be created or repealed.
  • I'd make it a point to address the White House Press Corp, so I'd know them, and they could get to know me.
  • i'd have lunch with the leaders of both parties at least once a month, from the H. of Rep. and the Senate on different days.

I'd close every overseas military base, nuke Lil Fat Rocket Boy to oblivion and warn everyone else to behave or face the same. Then I'd head to Alaska with Pooty Poot, get Sara Palin and use her for bait fishing for Halibut. Then I'd make a deal with Xi to make pink size 13-14-15 basketball shoes with explosive tracking devices for our beloved "dual citizens" in the "system"
Then you'd have health care, infrastructure un-paralleled and a bunch of meatheads standing 2 arms lengths apart at the borders 24/7. Like speed bumps in camo.

Forum List

Back