if you were in that concert hall..would you want a gun...a poll

If you were in that concert hall in France...would you want a gun for self defense?

• Yes

Votes: 48 87.3%
  • No

Votes: 7 12.7%

• Total voters
Incorrect again.

"They strike all the world."
"One for one."

Maybe you need to go back there and refresh your French. Or new translator. Try Roseta Stone. Shitstain.

"tout le monde" is how you say "everybody" in French. It's literally "all the world".
Tout = all
le = the (masculine)
monde = world.

In Portuguese they'd say todo mundo -- same thing. "All (the) world". Also masculine.

We say "everybody" -- every (each) body (physical entity).

There's not a god damn thing wrong with my French. Go forth and enculé.

-- and btw it's Rosetta Stone. Two Ts. Dumbass.

However, shitstain, that was not translation you posted initially.

You wrote: "They're attacking faster". Then you wrote: "They strike all the world".

If you're fluent in French, which you're not, you wouldn't made that mistake. Your previous translations were almost exact as online translations. Automatic, disconnected, senseless.

For instance, online translation says "one for one", just as you posted. Someone who is fluent in French would translate "one by one".

But you finally made it. Even a blind chicken finds a kernel of corn.

The only thing you're fluent at is - lying.

I would have made good use of a gun inside that Concert Hall

He or them ..... would have met their 47 virgins....more or less virgins....what scum what trash

Me too...I wish I was there. I would have taught those assholes what it is like to deal with an American gun owner

BOOM.....down goes Ahmed
BAM BAM....Mohammad and Said meet their maker
POP, POP, POP.... Abdul, Sayeed and Khalid bite the dust

Some people just don't know ow to deal with terrorists

Wet dream?
Wake up!

He or them ..... would have met their 47 virgins....more or less virgins....what scum what trash

Me too...I wish I was there. I would have taught those assholes what it is like to deal with an American gun owner

BOOM.....down goes Ahmed

Wet dream?
Wake up!

Far from it

You don't know how lethal an American gun owner can be in these situations

The logic of the "wear a gun on you at all times" is built on the fallacy that you'll ALSO be able to magically anticipate any and all threats.

What good is your gun if someone has already shot you in the head because you were paying more attention to the band you were watching instead of doing your paranoid, right-wing nut job duty to be surveying every bar, every club, every restaurant, every concert hall you ever attend?

Paid security who can best look out for these kinds of things should be armed, not people getting drunk and stoned.

Try doing some research into concealed carry and how often they actually stop violent criminals and mass shooters……..then you could post as an informed person.

Incorrect again.

"One for one."

Maybe you need to go back there and refresh your French. Or new translator. Try Roseta Stone. Shitstain.

"tout le monde" is how you say "everybody" in French. It's literally "all the world".
Tout = all
le = the (masculine)
monde = world.

In Portuguese they'd say todo mundo -- same thing. "All (the) world". Also masculine.

You wrote: "They're attacking faster". Then you wrote: "They strike all the world".

If you're fluent in French, which you're not, you wouldn't made that mistake. Your previous translations were almost exact as online translations. Automatic, disconnected, senseless.

For instance, online translation says "one for one", just as you posted. Someone who is fluent in French would translate "one by one".

Translation is translation. If it's accurate it's going to arrive at the same place. I don't translate literally -- no one does -- because literally doesn't make sense. We translate idiom for idiom.

Do you know what "idiom" means?

"tout le monde" is literally "all the world". But it doesn't mean what we mean when we say "all the world"; it means what we mean when we say "everybody". You translate what the sentence means --- not what it says literally.

I don't need a Babel Fish to translate French. I lived, ate, slept and thought in the language. There, in France. In Paris for a lot of the time. It's not foreign to me.

Get it?

Now go back and read my post. My translation says "one by one" -- as we would say in English. It's the literal translation that says "one for one", because "for" is what par usually means --- if you ignore idioms. Par example = for example. I showed you the difference between contextual translation and literal, and you're too illiterate to follow.

Tant pis.

Last edited:

BOOM.....down goes Ahmed

Wet dream?
Wake up!

Far from it

You don't know how lethal an American gun owner can be in these situations

Actually...we do. It's you who are the clown who has no clue. Your pathetic attempt at mockery shows that to good effect.

Incorrect again.

"One for one."

Tout = all
le = the (masculine)
monde = world.

Translation is translation. If it's accurate it's going to arrive at the same place. I don't translate literally -- no one does -- because literally doesn't make sense. We translate idiom for idiom.

"tout le monde" is literally "all the world". But it doesn't mean what we mean when we say "all the world"; it means what we mean when we say "everybody". You translate what the sentence means --- not what it says literally.

I don't need a Babel Fish to translate French. I lived, ate, slept and thought in the language. There, in France. In Paris for a lot of the time. It's not foreign to me.

Get it?

Now go back and read my post. My translation says "one by one" -- as we would say in English. It's the literal translation that says "one for one", because "for" is what par usually means --- if you ignore idioms. Par example = for example. I showed you the difference between contextual translation and literal, and you're too illiterate to follow.

Tant pis.

Your original translation says: "They're attacking faster." Idiom that just make sense. LOL

You lived, ate, slept and thought... You're full of shit.

Incorrect again.

"One for one."

Tout = all
le = the (masculine)
monde = world.

Get it?

Tant pis.

Your original translation says: "They're attacking faster." Idiom that just make sense. LOL

How come you're obsessed with my translations -- a point on which you've already embarrassed yourself and cannot possibly win -- while valiantly running away from the fact that those two Nosebook posts you put up (with no link whatsoever) -- don't even contradict each other?

Wimp.

Incorrect again.

"One for one."

Tout = all
le = the (masculine)
monde = world.

Get it?

Tant pis.

How come you're obsessed with my translations -- a point on which you've already embarrassed yourself and cannot possibly win -- while valiantly running away from the fact that those two Nosebook posts you put up (with no link whatsoever) -- don't even contradict each other?

Wimp.

Pogo,

My wife is French. She sorta speaks the lingo fluently..... She is Parisian so there is some doubt, but I guarantee you she speaks it better than you....and she doesn't agree with you...

Just sayin...

Tout = all
le = the (masculine)
monde = world.

Get it?

Tant pis.

Wimp.

Pogo,

My wife is French. She sorta speaks the lingo fluently..... She is Parisian so there is some doubt, but I guarantee you she speaks it better than you....and she doesn't agree with you...

Just sayin...

Reeeally. So "tout le monde" does not mean "everybody"? Do tell.

This is a troll's deflection anyway. I pointed out that his two Nosebook posts did not contradict each other as he indicated, and translated one of them. Then he wants to whine and whine (rouge et blanc, no doubt) that I translated his unlinked image. That way he doesn't have to deal with my calling out his alleged contradiction that isn't a contradiction.

Or so he thinks.

Tell ya what though... if you actually have a French wife and this isn't another one of your tall tales... have her read this aloud. It's a hoot:

Un petit d'un petit
S'étonne aux Halles
Un petit d'un petit
Ah! degrés te fallent
Indolent qui ne sort cesse
Indolent qui ne se mène
Qu'importe un petit
Tout gai de Reguennes.

;)

Last edited:

You think you need to translate and explain to me something I already translated in my first post.

"He says he's gravely wounded and that attackers are gunning down everyone."

That something you call idiom. My French might be little rusty, but it wasn't wrong. Unlike you I just don't have a need, or rather urge, to impress anyone about knowing other languages.

This is a troll's deflection anyway. I pointed out that his two Nosebook posts did not contradict each other as he indicated, and translated one of them. Then he wants to whine and whine (rouge et blanc, no doubt) that I translated his unlinked image. That way he doesn't have to deal with my calling out his alleged contradiction that isn't a contradiction.

Or so he thinks.
;)

There was translation already, along with my comments.
There was no contradiction. I posted image of his Facebook love letter to diversity, then images of his posts about attacks. My last two comments begins with "It looks like" and "It seems", where I'm giving opinion (you do know what opinion is, do ya?) that after what happened, his love wont last that long, or it just ended.

Your initial translation: "They're attacking faster" is wrong, most likely program generated. Also, idiom or not, there is no word "cutting" anywhere. As I said, you're full of shit.

You think you need to translate and explain to me something I already translated in my first post.

That something you call idiom. My French might be little rusty, but it wasn't wrong. Unlike you I just don't have a need, or rather urge, to impress anyone about knowing other languages.

Or so he thinks.
;)

There was no contradiction. I posted image of his Facebook love letter to diversity, then images of his posts about attacks. My last two comments begins with "It looks like" and "It seems", where I'm giving opinion (you do know what opinion is, do ya?) that after what happened, his love wont last that long, or it just ended.

Your initial translation: "They're attacking faster" is wrong, most likely program generated. Also, idiom or not, there is no word "cutting" anywhere. As I said, you're full of shit.

I guarantee you, I need no "program" to translate French. Rumanian, Latvian, Greek, sure. Not French. I see no difference between "everyone" and "everybody". They're interchangeable.

I didn't see a translation; I saw your paraphrase of what he was saying in the first image, which was accurate. That being already there, I translated the second one to demonstrate that it did NOT, and does not, offer the contrast you tried to imply, apparently hoping no one would understand the originals and would have to take your word for it.

And I made no assessment whatsoever of your knowledge of the language -- I have no way to assess that. Rather, you jumped on mine, evidently pissed that I didn't let you get away with the deception. You have no clue what you're talking about, pretending to know my linguistic abilities, my experiences or my thought process in translation. And your images not only do not say what you imply they say, they're not even linked to anything. For all we know -- you just made 'em up.

So mangez mes briefs.

Get it?

Tant pis.

Wimp.

Pogo,

Just sayin...

Or so he thinks.

Tell ya what though... if you actually have a French wife and this isn't another one of your tall tales... have her read this aloud. It's a hoot:

Un petit d'un petit
S'étonne aux Halles
Un petit d'un petit
Ah! degrés te fallent
Indolent qui ne se mène
Qu'importe un petit
Tout gai de Reguennes.

;)

Heck, I can do some of that, something about you having a petit bourgeois mentality:biggrin:

Or so he thinks.
;)

I guarantee you, I need no "program" to translate French. Rumanian, Latvian, Greek, sure. Not French. I see no difference between "everyone" and "everybody". They're interchangeable.

I didn't see a translation; I saw your paraphrase of what he was saying in the first image, which was accurate. That being already there, I translated the second one to demonstrate that it did NOT, and does not, offer the contrast you tried to imply, apparently hoping no one would understand the originals and would have to take your word for it.

And I made no assessment whatsoever of your knowledge of the language -- I have no way to assess that. Rather, you jumped on mine, evidently pissed that I didn't let you get away with the deception. You have no clue what you're talking about, pretending to know my linguistic abilities, my experiences or my thought process in translation. And your images not only do not say what you imply they say, they're not even linked to anything. For all we know -- you just made 'em up.

So mangez mes briefs.

What in the hell are you still doing here arguing? What are you arguing about? If you would rather have been unarmed and at the mercy of terrorists, then that is YOUR problem. I and most other people who have half a brain and confidence in themselves would choose to be armed and protect ourselves and go down fighting, if that is the case, while you cower and plead and beg.

OP: If you were in that concert hall..would you want a gun?

The issue is not that concert hall but having armed patrons in all concert halls, all sporting events, all large gatherings

In an attempt to mitigate the killings at one unknown location are we willing to allow fans around the world to show up armed to the teeth......just in case?

The issue is not that concert hall but having armed patrons in all concert halls, all sporting events, all large gatherings

In an attempt to mitigate the killings at one unknown location are we willing to allow fans around the world to show up armed to the teeth......just in case?

Keep in mind….nothing the French did on a national scale or at the concert hall or stadium prevented the killers from entering with fully automatic rifles and bombs….

The NRA held a convention in Tenessee and in those convention halls that allowed concealed carry…all of those convention goers were allowed to carry guns….and I don't remember hearing of any incidents…..and these are the very people you guys are most afraid of..right?

To answer your question...Yes. Normal people are not going to draw their weapons and shoot people….and those that draw their weapons can already be charged with more than a few crimes. How do you actually address it…..I don't go to concerts or sporting events so I would imagine they have metal detectors? As people come in they are asked if they are armed…if they are they are asked to keep the weapon must have an empty chamber and remain in the holster at all times, and they would also receive a stamp which would declare that they are not allowed to be served alcohol.

And that should do it. Any democrat who then breaks those rules gets hammered by the law….

Get it?

Tant pis.

Wimp.

Pogo,

Just sayin...

Or so he thinks.

Un petit d'un petit
S'étonne aux Halles
Un petit d'un petit
Ah! degrés te fallent
Indolent qui ne se mène
Qu'importe un petit
Tout gai de Reguennes.

;)

Heck, I can do some of that, something about you having a petit bourgeois mentality:biggrin:

Ah.... no, that's not it. It's not supposed to make sense -- it's supposed to be read aloud. By a native Francophone.
Just a bit of fun.

Or so he thinks.
;)

So mangez mes briefs.

What in the hell are you still doing here arguing? What are you arguing about? If you would rather have been unarmed and at the mercy of terrorists, then that is YOUR problem. I and most other people who have half a brain and confidence in themselves would choose to be armed and protect ourselves and go down fighting, if that is the case, while you cower and plead and beg.

I was flyswatting a troll there. Has nothing to do with any of that. And you know me by now -- I do not "cower" or "beg". As just QEDed.

I was flyswatting a troll there. Has nothing to do with any of that. And you know me by now -- I do not "cower" or "beg". As just QEDed.

No, you were bullshitting, as always.

You didn't read my post, much less understood the point of the post. You dropped in, and started senseless shitposting, as you always do. And then you called me a troll? LOL.

Shitstan stays shitstain.

Keep in mind….nothing the French did on a national scale or at the concert hall or stadium prevented the killers from entering with fully automatic rifles and bombs….

The NRA held a convention in Tenessee and in those convention halls that allowed concealed carry…all of those convention goers were allowed to carry guns….and I don't remember hearing of any incidents…..and these are the very people you guys are most afraid of..right?

To answer your question...Yes. Normal people are not going to draw their weapons and shoot people….and those that draw their weapons can already be charged with more than a few crimes. How do you actually address it…..I don't go to concerts or sporting events so I would imagine they have metal detectors? As people come in they are asked if they are armed…if they are they are asked to keep the weapon must have an empty chamber and remain in the holster at all times, and they would also receive a stamp which would declare that they are not allowed to be served alcohol.

And that should do it. Any democrat who then breaks those rules gets hammered by the law….

We had a PTA meeting last week and nobody was allowed to carry guns. I don't remember hearing about any incidents.

Forum List

Back