If you think it’s all about the “Economy”, think again.

The “We want OUR country back” Republicans are scared.

For them, it’s not necessarily about the economy. Many of them are already retired and receiving Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid and they know the economy won’t really affect them.

This is what bothers them:

Too many “colored” people are invading their communities. By “colored”, we mean Hispanics, Muslims and “Caribbean and African” blacks.

They hate the fact that their daughters are marrying these “men of color”.

They hate the fact that their grandchildren are refusing to “stay in the closet”. Worse, they want to get married “publicly” in a “church”.

And most of all, they hate the FACT that our president is a black man named, “Barrack HUSSIEN Obama”.

This is the source of their anger. For them, this election isn’t about “voting Republican”, but about voting “White and Christian”, which of course, is 90% of the Republican Party.

Seeing the community change the way it has is frightening to many older Republicans.

The economy is bad and not improviong. The Big 0 has accepted/adopted every one of W's war policies. He is about to raise taxes during a recession. The entire Democrat Congress is or should be headed for jail for ethics violations.

He promised that his heath insurance reform would lower the expense curve of healthcare and the rate of increase has increased. Only about 1/100th of the bill is in effect.

Every Democrat Candidate is running against his record. His approval rating is at its lowest to date.

The generic ballot has the Republicans up by more than 10%- historically the highest margin in favor of Republicans ever.

The house will go Republican in Novemeber. This is due largely to the fact that they passed bills that were opposed by 70% of the population.

What about any of this gives you the feeling that you are not just dreaming when you write this fantasy of hate about things you hate ascribed to those you hate?

Fantasy? Nothing I wrote was "disproved" or even argued. Almost nothing ever is. It's because I put up links and explain my position in a thoughtful manner without histrionics and fear mongering.

Republicans spent 2 years AFTER the election campaigning against Obama and the Democrats. They can't even explain why they don't like Democratic Achievements except in very broad and meaningless party phrases.

As far as the economy or any of the Democratic achievements, where are Republican Achievements? OK, say Democrats were in charge (even though a 49 to 49 "edge" can hardly be called "in charge") for two years of the Bush administration, there were still six years before that. What did they do?

No immigration law
Iraq
Afghanistan
Medicare Part D
economy
etc..........

We have gone over the list endlessly, and it's HUGE!

Americans aren't voting "Republican" because they like Republican policy, what ever that is, but because they are angry at Democrats for not fixing Republican fuck ups and mess fast enough. The fact that Republicans have no answers will become apparent soon after November. I know it. You know it. Everyone knows it. It's unavoidable.

Last edited by a moderator:

For them, it’s not necessarily about the economy. Many of them are already retired and receiving Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid and they know the economy won’t really affect them.

Too many “colored” people are invading their communities. By “colored”, we mean Hispanics, Muslims and “Caribbean and African” blacks.

They hate the fact that their grandchildren are refusing to “stay in the closet”. Worse, they want to get married “publicly” in a “church”.

And most of all, they hate the FACT that our president is a black man named, “Barrack HUSSIEN Obama”.

This is the source of their anger. For them, this election isn’t about “voting Republican”, but about voting “White and Christian”, which of course, is 90% of the Republican Party.

Seeing the community change the way it has is frightening to many older Republicans.

Ok it is time to just put this Idiot on the Do not Respond to list.

Do you do anything but make baseless claims and spew Far left talking points?

Hoover Dam? That's your evidence that the new deal was a good thing? At my age I can tell you a couple things I am paying for from the new deal but won't get any benefit from; SS and medicare.

Broadly the new deal ushered in an era where government seemed to think it was it's job to fix things, but didn't understand that government isn't very good at fixing things. Generally the more they try to fix things, the worse they get. That is why we want to go to the country outlined in the constitution where the government has very limited responsibilites.

where would the American SW be today without the water and aqueducts and electricity provided by Hoover dam?

Best guess? A private company would have done it eventually and probably for less money.

Now YOU answer some simple questions?

Does our current governement reflect the government outlined by the constitution?

Why do you seemingly prefer a heavily regulatory central government?

Business will always seek a way around regulations to increase profit.

Proper regulations is what I seek.

Do we need regulations on food and food handling? Inspections?
Regulations on medical care roviders? Prescription drug makers.
Baby food , etc manufacturers?

Is that covered in the constitution?

At least there's one honest person on this board that can at least come up with a simple answer to a simple question.

1962?

John F. Kennedy announces U.S. will resume above ground nuclear testing

U.S. promise Thailand assistance against communist aggression

U.S. advisors in South-Vietnam join the fight

U.S. national debt above $300,000,000,000

New Orleans Citizens Co gives free 1-way ride to blacks to move North

Suit alleging de facto school segregation filed in Rochester, New York

U.S. stock market drops $20.8 billion in 1 day

Lee Harvey Oswald departs Rotterdam on SS Maasdam to U.S.

Martin Luther King, Jr. arrested during demonstration in Georgia

House passes bill requiring equal pay for equal work regardless of sex

Martin Luther King, Jr. jailed in Albany, Georgia

U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals orders Meredith admitted to University of Miss

Black church is destroyed by fire in Macon Georgia

John F. Kennedy authorized use of federal troops to integrate University of Mississippi

James Meredith registers for classes at University of Mississippi

John F. Kennedy routes 3,000 federal troops to Mississippi

John F. Kennedy imposes naval blockade on Cuba, beginning missile crisis

Saudi Arabia proclaims abolishing slavery

Edith Spurlock Sampson sworn-in as 1st U.S. black female judge

It was a very good year.
Seems the government was involved with nearly everything.
Don't forget the heavy push for science because of Sputnik a few years before. Science was in it's heyday.

Do you think this is what IT meant by "1962"?

The economy is bad and not improviong. The Big 0 has accepted/adopted every one of W's war policies. He is about to raise taxes during a recession. The entire Democrat Congress is or should be headed for jail for ethics violations.

He promised that his heath insurance reform would lower the expense curve of healthcare and the rate of increase has increased. Only about 1/100th of the bill is in effect.

Every Democrat Candidate is running against his record. His approval rating is at its lowest to date.

The generic ballot has the Republicans up by more than 10%- historically the highest margin in favor of Republicans ever.

The house will go Republican in Novemeber. This is due largely to the fact that they passed bills that were opposed by 70% of the population.

What about any of this gives you the feeling that you are not just dreaming when you write this fantasy of hate about things you hate ascribed to those you hate?

Fantasy? Nothing I wrote was "disproved" or even argued.

LOL that is because you make post full of wild claims with NO evidence at all, then expect us to disprove them.

That is not how it works.

Hoover Dam? That's your evidence that the new deal was a good thing? At my age I can tell you a couple things I am paying for from the new deal but won't get any benefit from; SS and medicare.

Broadly the new deal ushered in an era where government seemed to think it was it's job to fix things, but didn't understand that government isn't very good at fixing things. Generally the more they try to fix things, the worse they get. That is why we want to go to the country outlined in the constitution where the government has very limited responsibilites.

where would the American SW be today without the water and aqueducts and electricity provided by Hoover dam?

Best guess? A private company would have done it eventually and probably for less money.

Now YOU answer some simple questions?

Does our current governement reflect the government outlined by the constitution?

Why do you seemingly prefer a heavily regulatory central government?

I think that's a pretty crummy guess.

Could you imagine a US without any safety regulations? Would you put your family in a car built without government standards and drive them on a highway built without standards and without speed limits?

For some reason, I can see Republicans wanting to do this dangerous thing, regardless of what it does to their families.

Do they even know what "freedom" is?

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm scared now? Why am I always the last to know?

BTW you are seeing the studies showing less young people are Democrats, right? How do you respond to them?

And why is it you only have the race card? What's so difficult about actually having a dialogue with our real issues.

The Spending for example. What do you propose to actually fix the spending? I don't care that Republicans and Democrats have done it. For the sake of argument, let's even say the Republicans are all responsible for it. What is your solution?

My solution is easy: Cut spending across the board. Cut out the waste. And then cut the taxes and give the money back to the people.

LOL that is because you make post full of wild claims with NO evidence at all, then expect us to disprove them.

This is the rest of my post:

Republicans spent 2 years AFTER the election campaigning against Obama and the Democrats. They can't even explain why they don't like Democratic Achievements except in very broad and meaningless party phrases.

As far as the economy or any of the Democratic achievements, where are Republican Achievements? OK, say Democrats were in charge (even though a 49 to 49 "edge" can hardly be called "in charge") for two years of the Bush administration, there were still six years before that. What did they do?

No immigration law
Iraq
Afghanistan
Medicare Part D
economy
etc..........

Americans aren't voting "Republican" because they like Republican policy, what ever that is, but because they are angry at Democrats for not fixing Republican fuck ups and mess fast enough. The fact that Republicans have no answers will become apparent soon after November. I know it. You know it. Everyone knows it. It's unavoidable.

--------------------------------------------

It's easy to pick out a few words and "disagree". But it's "dishonest". Which is synonymous with "Republican".

I'm scared now? Why am I always the last to know?

BTW you are seeing the studies showing less young people are Democrats, right? How do you respond to them?

And why is it you only have the race card? What's so difficult about actually having a dialogue with our real issues.

The Spending for example. What do you propose to actually fix the spending? I don't care that Republicans and Democrats have done it. For the sake of argument, let's even say the Republicans are all responsible for it. What is your solution?

My solution is easy: Cut spending across the board. Cut out the waste. And then cut the taxes and give the money back to the people.

We did that to the tune of 2.4 trillion dollars. How'd that work out?

This is the rest of my post:

No immigration law
Iraq
Afghanistan
Medicare Part D
economy
etc..........

--------------------------------------------

It's easy to pick out a few words and "disagree". But it's "dishonest". Which is synonymous with "Republican".

Why are you asking me about the republicans, I am not here advocating for them. I am talking about your racial claims and how YOU NEVER back them up. You simply pigeonhole every conservative and republican as racists. AND never back up that claim with facts. Then complain when we do not Disprove your claims.

That is not how it is done. If you are not going to try and prove your claims. with more than "I base that on what I see" then we are not going to bother trying to disprove them.

Pretty good, it got cycled thru the economy.
Where would we be now with no unimployment ins, no welfare, foodstamps, no medicare, etc.

And start cutting spending very much and see what happens, ...Depression.
Around 30% of working america depends on the govt for his job either directly or indirectly.
And many more count on it for Welfare, SS, medicare payments.

Cut out medicare or medicaid and see whether the patients or medical industry cries louder?

Cheap shot.

In part true perhaps, but they also have legitimate gripes that need to be addressed.

Even racists can be right, ya know.

Then rdean would have to admit there are legitimate gripes against his side and this administration. He can't do that. If he did that, he couldn't keep playing the race card and ignoring reality.

But the race card is all he has. He can't defend the massive overspending. He can't defend the corruption. He can't defend the absolute lack of transparency. He can't defend ignoring the will of the people in favor of political power grabs for the executive branch.

And quite frankly, he shouldn't defend that stuff. He should be helping us fight against this crap.

But instead, he'd rather complain about non-existent racism and/or inflame the few actual instances of racism and making these racists far more important than anyone cares to make them.

He's living a lie. And until he looks at the truth, he won't deal with real issues.

Pretty good, it got cycled thru the economy.
Where would we be now with no unimployment ins, no welfare, foodstamps, no medicare, etc.

And start cutting spending very much and see what happens, ...Depression.
Around 30% of working america depends on the govt for his job either directly or indirectly.
And many more count on it for Welfare, SS, medicare payments.

Cut out medicare or medicaid and see whether the patients or medical industry cries louder?

So by spending less money and having people working for a living, we'd be in a depression?

That so makes no sense whatsoever.

Neither side will properly look at or address the root causes of what is Ailing America

You mean the:

overspending
Corruption
Dishonesty
Overtaxation
Overregulation
Lack of individual and familial responsibility

Yes, you're right, but there is one side that is alot closer to the mark.

Just for the record, many Democrats ran on the "Take Back America" line for the elections in 2007.

Yes, "Take Back America", not "Take America Back ".

For those of you that are feigning ignorance to what the above term mean...or at the least con-notate here's a sample:

"Take Back America (To A Better Time)"
vs.
"Take America Back(wards)"

also

"Take Back America (To A Better Place)"
vs.
"Take America Back (From The Others)"

and as a bonus

"Take America Back (To A Better Way of Doing Things)"
vs.
"Take America Back (To The Old Way of Doing Things)"

See how the words naturally con-notate certain messages?

Last edited:
Neither side will properly look at or address the root causes of what is Ailing America

You mean the:

overspending
Corruption
Dishonesty
Overtaxation
Overregulation
Lack of individual and familial responsibility

Yes, you're right, but there is one side that is alot closer to the mark.

Working Americans have been able to overcome your list as a rule. The lack of jobs and increase burdens of your list are driving this election. I have no problem with Democrats keeping to their little track til middle November. Their post election analysis should be most enlightening, unless they resort to a simple, the Republicans lied!

Forum List

Back