If you should be able to own all "arms", why shouldnt Iran/Egypt?

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
I hear some extreme 2nd amendment guys saying that "arms" includes ANY weapon they desire. They think they should be able to own an fully automatic AK47. A military SAW. A full auto .50 cal vehicle mounted weapon, or an anti-aircraft gun, or an RPG. Hell, some have even said they should, by 2nd amendment, be allowed to own a nuke if they desired one.

So, lets apply this logic to all humanity. If these are "God given" rights, then that means the 2nd amendment should extend to ALL humans on Earth, since God is the God of everyone on Earth, not just the God of America. They aren't man made rights....right?

So, wouldnt that lead us to the fact that Iran has a right to a nuke? And Egypt has a right to the F16s and tanks that Obama got criticism for selling them?

So, would a 2nd amendment hardcore supporter please explain to me the following simple questions:

- Is the right to bear arms God given? If not, who grants it?
- Does that right include all weapons? If not, where are the limits?
- Should all humans on Earth have the same right to the above listed "arms"?

Kinda hard to justify that you have a God given right to any weapon you desire.......but then bitch about Obama allowing Iran to get closer to owning a nuke......doesnt it?

I hear some extreme 2nd amendment guys saying that "arms" includes ANY weapon they desire. They think they should be able to own an fully automatic AK47. A military SAW. A full auto .50 cal vehicle mounted weapon, or an anti-aircraft gun, or an RPG. Hell, some have even said they should, by 2nd amendment, be allowed to own a nuke if they desired one.

So, lets apply this logic to all humanity. If these are "God given" rights, then that means the 2nd amendment should extend to ALL humans on Earth, since God is the God of everyone on Earth, not just the God of America. They aren't man made rights....right?

So, wouldnt that lead us to the fact that Iran has a right to a nuke? And Egypt has a right to the F16s and tanks that Obama got criticism for selling them?

So, would a 2nd amendment hardcore supporter please explain to me the following simple questions:

Kinda hard to justify that you have a God given right to any weapon you desire.......but then bitch about Obama allowing Iran to get closer to owning a nuke......doesnt it?

Well bucs, its different....
Lesson one, the Constitution applies to the US citizens and US citizens only

Second I thought you guys wanted to have background checks to eliminate crazies....so that would include Iran and Syria, ect

Third you are stupid and dont even say you were a republican...I dont buy it any longer, with this kind of rhetoric...

Oh and are they God given, yes, what weapons, havent thought of it...should bill gates be able to buy an aircraft carrier....interesting...

And should others have it, well I dont care about other countries...and if they're hostile to us and would use nukes indescriminatly....then no, we should stop them.

Last edited:

Second I thought you guys wanted to have background checks to eliminate crazies....so that would include Iran and Syria, ect

Third you are stupid and dont even say you were a republican...I dont buy it any longer, with this kind of rhetoric...

Ah, ok. So Constitutional rights are NOT God given, but rather given by man, right?

Yes, I want background checks, extensive ones. Im ok with that.

What rhetoric? Its a few simple questions.

Is the right to bear arms GOD GIVEN, or man given?

Ah, ok. So Constitutional rights are NOT God given, but rather given by man, right?

God given....but it has to be administered by man or do you think God gave the bill of rights directly to the founders?

And if those countries dont believe in God, how would they exercise and protect his rights?

God given....but it has to be administered by man or do you think God gave the bill of rights directly to the founders?

And if those countries dont believe in God, how would they exercise and protect his rights?

So if it is God given, and there is only one God, who is the God of all people on Earth, then wouldnt the US denying Iran a nuke....be us denying them their God given rights?

So if it is God given, and there is only one God, who is the God of all people on Earth, then wouldnt the US denying Iran a nuke....be us denying them their God given rights?

no actually because we're not their government....we are a competing country and again with your gun control laws, they would be insane and considered inelligible.

Unless you want one world government, it doesnt work like your premise.

I

1) Yes, Self Defense is a Natural Right.

2) It's safe to say that weapons a single person cannot "bear" would be limitation.

Not to mention, it's quite easy to make your own rudimentary bazooka :tongue: and rockets, the technology is derived from ancient Chinese fireworks using more modern materials and better understanding of the laws of physics. :redface:

3) Humans, individually, are restrained (but only in my opinion) by the limitation in NUMBER 2.

To me, strange and unusual weapons, would be considered anything that is purely designed for offense, such as C4 charges, tanks, stealth bombers, DDX destroyers and nukes (the bazooka is a personal weapon for defense against tanks, helicopters, and with advanced rocket technology, even fighter jets and bombers).

The question is, where do we stop after bazookas?

On the question of Nukes for Iran and North Korea. Maybe we should question why Iran and North Korea act so hostile, can it be that we're squeezing the economies to death with sanctions?

Imagine if the United Nations passed trade embargoes and sanctions on the United States, cutting off our food supply, destroying our economy, resulting in power failures and untreated water, don't you think our government would get pretty pissed off and start threatening to nuke everyone (I hope they would)?

Maybe if we stopped invading countries, destroying their governments (no matter how evil they are) and playing God with their economies, they wouldn't be so pissed off.

If Iran had a nuke, would they use it? No, because if they had a nuke, we would leave them the fuck alone and they would be happy.

If North Korea had a nuke, would they use it? No, because if they had a nuke, we would them the fuck alone and they would be happy.

----------------------------------------------
Here's another question:
Suppose that 100 years in the future, the "standard" military weapon is a mechanical drone, that carries some special high tech weapon that is so heavy, no human could possibly "bear" the weapon, and this mechanical drone has armor made of some sort of compressed nano/pico liquid material, that no "old fashioned" firearms can even dent. Would we be allowed to own our own drones in self defense? :confused:

To me, the definition and purpose of the Second Amendment becomes MORE important as technology improves, not "less" important, especially since Democide numbers have only been increasing every century. Right now we're in a "Calm" phase of the storm. Once the global economy melts down Greece style --- and it will melt down --- The Genocides of the 20th Century will pale in comparison to the genocides of this century.

In the days of our Founding Fathers, it took weeks and even months for armies to move, giving you plenty of time to react, set traps, ambush, etc. Today, war is rapid, and the government has a significant technological edge with SATELLITE technology, and would certainly request foreign support and aide from the skies and of foreign satellites, because the entire global economy depends on the stability of the current United States regime; thus the entire world would be united in destroying a revolutionary movement in the United States, no sir, it would not be easy!

Last edited:
I

1) Yes, Self Defense is a Natural Right.

2) It's safe to say that weapons a single person cannot "bear" would be limitation.

Not to mention, it's quite easy to make your own rudimentary bazooka :tongue: and rockets, the technology is derived from ancient Chinese fireworks using more modern materials and better understanding of the laws of physics. :redface:

3) Humans, individually, are restrained (but only in my opinion) by the limitation in NUMBER 2.

To me, strange and unusual weapons, would be considered anything that is purely designed for offense, such as C4 charges, tanks, stealth bombers, DDX destroyers and nukes (the bazooka is a personal weapon for defense against tanks, helicopters, and with advanced rocket technology, even fighter jets and bombers).

The question is, where do we stop after bazookas?

On the question of Nukes for Iran and North Korea. Maybe we should question why Iran and North Korea act so hostile, can it be that we're squeezing the economies to death with sanctions?

Imagine if the United Nations passed trade embargoes and sanctions on the United States, cutting off our food supply, destroying our economy, resulting in power failures and untreated water, don't you think our government would get pretty pissed off and start threatening to nuke everyone (I hope they would)?

Maybe if we stopped invading countries, destroying their governments (no matter how evil they are) and playing God with their economies, they wouldn't be so pissed off.

!

1) So Iran should be allowed to have a nuke?

2) A suitcase nuke is a nuke that a single man can bear.

3) ANY weapon can be for defense. A tank parked in my front lawn would prevent a lot of people from attacking me. What if the government wanted to hover an Apache over my home and rain down hell? An anti-aircraft missile is in order, right?

4) Who defines "strange and unusual" or offensive vs defensive??? Tha GUBERMING:eek:?

5) Im all for halting our invasion of other countries. I'd have our military focus 100% on homeland defense. I agree with you on that.

no actually because we're not their government....we are a competing country and again with your gun control laws, they would be insane and considered inelligible.

Unless you want one world government, it doesnt work like your premise.

Ah, but GOVERNMENT doesnt grant the right to bear arms. Right wingers have all said it is God given, inherent. So, the US government must accept that we have that right, correct? The government cant grant it, we already have it.

So, if it is God given, and we believe as Christians that our God is the God of all man, then isn't it true that Iranians all have the same right to bear arms, as granted by God? Our government simply accepts and recognizes that. So, what makes OUR government so mighty that we can then deny some other country that same God given right?

UNLESS you're gonna agree that SOME weapons are not meant to be part of the right to bear arms. Are you?

Only Americans have the right to own dangerous weapons, because only America can be trusted with those weapons. You cannot have nukes falling into the wrong hands, someone might want to nuke America, and that would be bad. America is the only country that can be trusted with nukes. Lets not remind anyone that America is the only country to have used nuclear weapons against human beings. They don't like being reminded of that.

Forum List

Back