If you pray .... May-z

Kudo's to you BB for stepping up to the plate.

Glad to hear Maz is doing so well.

Her old owners have no business with another dog.

That's why we need the praying. J is May-z's new mom, and a foster mom in the system. She is going to make the calls.

May-z almost DIED, thanks to those people. No exaggeration. The vet said it was a matter of days.

And now they have a puppy. :(

Latest.

shes doin great i can wrap my hands around her stomach and not have them touch anymore....shes running and oddly hops in the yard
have the heater cranked in the room again and gonna get the humidifier rolling here....we sleep in a steam room

And YAY! Updated pic. Her body is still painfully scrawny, but I think it shows how much she and her mommy love each other.

mayz3.jpg

What a funny furface.

Doesn't look like a Germ Shep mix, though. Looks like Rott and some sort of herding dog...the hair is too fine.

The rat bastards! I am pretty damn certain they will not care for a new puppy any better then they cared for the old one.....

Its dime dropping time!

Latest.

shes doin great i can wrap my hands around her stomach and not have them touch anymore....shes running and oddly hops in the yard
have the heater cranked in the room again and gonna get the humidifier rolling here....we sleep in a steam room

And YAY! Updated pic. Her body is still painfully scrawny, but I think it shows how much she and her mommy love each other.

mayz3.jpg

What a funny furface.

Doesn't look like a Germ Shep mix, though. Looks like Rott and some sort of herding dog...the hair is too fine.

Yeah, I don't know what the other part is. I have a request in for an updated pic, tout suite.

That's good, it means she might not be stunted after all...what fun to experience real life for the first time with a dog who has been so deprived!

My terrier was food aggressive (and just plain aggressive) when we got her. It has taken 5 years, but she's soooooo much better. I don't think she was abused...I think she was tied up for a long time, so neglected is probably a more accurate word. It has been so much fun to watch her slowly evolve into a loving animal, who actually PLAYS with another dog, and (sort of) shares her food with him.

She didn't even know how to play with other dogs when I got her...she just ran and growled and bit, and it wasn't *fun*. But she and the saint play for hours every night...tug of war, chase, he nibbles her legs and she takes things out of his mouth. It's too cute.

Latest.

mayz3.jpg

What a funny furface.

Yeah, I don't know what the other part is. I have a request in for an updated pic, tout suite.

It is possible to get a genetic test done to find out the breeds a dog is composed of. You just take a swab of saliva and send it in. Isn't that expensive, $59.99. Here's a link:

Canine Heritage® Breed Test

Last edited:
That's sort of cool...

I love mutts though. Part of the fun of them is they're mutts! I happen to have bluebloods (ha!) right now, but that was just a fluke.

I let her know. She was happy to hear she was on the right track.

Has she ever done this before? Is she doing this with a rescue group? Was the dog checked by a vet? .... BIG question..is the dog dehydrated???

Yes, Yes, Yes, No. She was to begin with, in fact she was close to death in the first 36 hours. I was apprehensive about her getting spayed when she was in that condition, but she's coming through it all with flying colors and she is SUCH a love bug. J feels very blessed.

That's ridiculous, I would think the spaying could wait. But sounds like she's pulling through just great, and that's the main thing.

Here is May-z, if you want to know who you are pulling for.

What's really weird.. her face looks like a saint bernard mix!!! And so does her hair!

Here's a cross...there's something about the shape of the nose/mouth...reminds me of what I see every morning (and in the middle of the night) when my dog sticks his nose in my face...

rspcabri_pac.JPG

I'll talk to J about doing the testing.

Any rate; here's the latest.

my attorney friend is pissed so i hafta get together a bunch of records and the kids affidavits and my pics of may-z tomorrow and shes gonna go after them herself as well as try and get them evicted....she already called the owner and left messages.....also my friend steve in animal control is going to get one of his state humane agents to go over there with him to take away the new puppy

then also have them placed on a list where as they couldn't buy or adopt another dog through any organization ever again......doesnt mean they couldn't get one from a private party but they won't be able to thru a rescue, pet store, that kind of thing

Last edited:
Heres hoping they can prosecute those assholes for dog abuse.

Jesus. Some people suck big time.

Anyone who would hurt a dog or a kid outta be shot.

The thing is..when you force them to move, they move off the radar. If they are prosecuted, and stay in the neighborhood, people will be watching them and they will have limited opportunity to re-offend.

That's the problem with getting the landlords involved in a blitzkreig.

All you do is force them to a new location where nobody knows them, and they can start all over again.

Prayer? Naa. Doesn't work. Never does. Besides, dogs are such thieves. They steal your heart and then they break them. Forgive, love and life goes on. My dog was abused and was badly hurt, he survived and thrived for the 14 plus years I cared for him. They do that, when they are loved and cared for.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back