If you oppose the Confederate flag you oppose the American flag too

Who cares about the laws in the case of slavery? Please justify slavery..oh try oh try. Epic fail no matter what you do. Slave owners were pathetic low life's.

Then you explain to us all for our entertainment why the Council of Conservative Citizens is almost all Republicans today.[/QUOTE
so? south carolina seceded to protect slavery. what's hard about that concept?

And Lincoln invaded the south because he didn't think free men had a right to govern themselves, kind of unamerican wouldn't you say?
on the contrary. adherence to the constitution is american. making sure the seceding states adhered to the government they agreed upon is also american.

Right up to the point that government became something that wasn't agreed upon.
So, you're arguing that those who wanted nothing to do with America were the ones acting like Americans....

Put down the crack pipe.

More so than Lincoln. Have you ever read the declaration of independence?

Preserving America was un-American....got it.

The country was founded on the concept that a free people have the right to govern themselves, when you abandon those ideas you abandon America, and when America abandons those ideas it is no longer America. Any top down, dictatorial, central government is un-American.

and now....
Holding hundreds of thousands of black folks in bondage was not "dictatorial".

You keep digging...I'll keep handing you shovels.

Tell me, what laws were they violating by keeping slaves?
Laws of human fucking nature, who gives a fuck?

Its wrong to own a human, no matter where the fuck in history you lay. If you disagree, im glad smaller brained unemlightened point themselves out for me. Time savings is impeccable!

If you agree and are with me on that.....hugs and fuggin kisses....cmere you!

Who cares about the laws in the case of slavery? Please justify slavery..oh try oh try. Epic fail no matter what you do. Slave owners were pathetic low life's.

Who cares about the laws? That pretty much sums up Obama and the Democrat party, doesn't it?

And Lincoln invaded the south because he didn't think free men had a right to govern themselves, kind of unamerican wouldn't you say?
on the contrary. adherence to the constitution is american. making sure the seceding states adhered to the government they agreed upon is also american.

Wrong, that's fascism. The states didn't agree to remain in the union no matter what. Read the Constitution. You might learn something.
there are no provisions for secession in the constitution.

See the 10th Amendment.
a good argument, but i point you to texas v white

Oh right, a union court upholding union concepts, after the fact, Surprise, surprise. I guess you agree with the Dred Scott decision also.

Nope. Lincoln started it. No one forced Lincoln to invade Virginia, moron.
virginia forced it by seceding.

Wrong. Nothing in the Constitution says the president has to wage war on a state that secedes. In fact, it says precisely the opposite. Waging war on the states was an act of treason.
so the president was supposed to allow the theft of lands and resources from america?

The Confederate states offered to purchase all Federal properties within their borders.

Next stupid argument!
can't buy what isn't for sale.

Then the Confederate states had every right to evict union troops from their territory. You think the government can station troops in a foreign country without its permission?

You Lincoln worshiping assholes simply don't give a damn about the law.

Yeah we all know Republicans were really Democrats from the 1950s. All of them. Even the ones in their 40s.
Yes,you are, dum-dum.

Then you explain to us all for our entertainment why the Council of Conservative Citizens is almost all Republicans today.[/QUOTE
What did you not get that slavery was LEGAL.

Wrong, that's fascism. The states didn't agree to remain in the union no matter what. Read the Constitution. You might learn something.

There are no provisions for gay marriage. Does that make it illegal?

Last edited:
[

So, you're arguing that those who wanted nothing to do with America were the ones acting like Americans....

Put down the crack pipe.

The country was founded on the concept that a free people have the right to govern themselves, when you abandon those ideas you abandon America, and when America abandons those ideas it is no longer America. Any top down, dictatorial, central government is un-American.

and now....

None, but Lincoln didn't issue the Emancipation Proclamation until it became necessary to wage total war to keep them from seceding.

If only bripat was around the confederacy woulda probably won easily. Easily.
If Bripat were around the confederacy would have invaded Mexico to oppose Northern tyranny.

The north invaded the south. You fail
there was no invasion.you cannot invade your own country.

It wasn't Lincoln's country, asshole. They seceded. Do you know what "seceded" means" Look it up.

There's no need to justify slavery, it was accepted practice at the time, it's not now, end of fucking story.

[/QUOTE]

Lincoln had a constitutional mandate to do so.[/QUOTE]

Feel free to point where in the Constitution where secession is prohibited.[/QUOTE]

The states signed on to a Perpetual Union that was never abrogated, and in fact was merely extended with the new Constitution.

yep. they were worried about their rights to have slaves.

That's not correct. The overwhelming majority of those who fought for the Confederacy didn't own slaves. There were a few who were concerned with the Federal government taking what the Federal government had already said was their legally-owned property. You (and others) like to pretend the US government had somehow condemned slavery and the South defiantly refused to let go of it. There was NEVER any such condemnation by Congress or the Courts. They REPEATEDLY upheld the institution of slavery and defined slaves as personal property owned by their masters. In THAT context, they were absolutely wrong in wanting to take the legitimate property of individuals. That's a direct violation of the 4th Amendment until your Court determines slaves are human beings with human rights... which they never did. That is NOT the fault of the CSA.
yeah... slavery was central to the declarations of secession. the states seceded to protect slavery.

Well of course it was, slavery was very much an issue. I haven't denied that. Still, it wasn't because the CSA made it an issue. You want to pretend the Union had abolished slavery and made it unconstitutional and the South defiantly rejected that and started a war to keep it and that's your belief... it is not history. The truth is, this nation condoned slavery from the start, upheld the practice for 85 years, had the courts repeatedly ruling that slaves were property, NEVER passed any kind of anti-slavery legislation. The South had built it's entire economy on these policies which the US upheld for 85 years. They had invested over a billion dollars in slave labor precisely because the US government and courts said they could and it was perfectly legal to do so.

You somehow think they were supposed to just walk away from a billion dollars worth of property and say... oh well, them's the breaks! Doesn't really matter that it violates the hell out of the 4th Amendment because a bunch of northerners think it's wrong, even though their government keeps upholding it.
It was wrong, and in light of that, who gives a flying fuck about their economic emotions over it. Fuck them.

Well if it was wrong they should have passed a law against it and condemned it instead of the opposite.

You don't just bow up and proclaim something is wrong and fuck what the Constitution says. We live by the Constitution, that is our rule of law in America. At the time, SCOTUS had ruled slavery was constitutional. Slaves were legitimate property owned by a property owner. That's bad, it's terrible by today's standards, but that was the law of the land back then and the CSA had nothing to do with that.

From a purely Constitutional perspective, the South had every right to fight what was going down. If it was wrong, pass a law against it, condemn it and outlaw it! The US never did that. Even after the CW, the nation had to adopt amendments to the Constitution to override what the courts had determined for the previous 85 years.

See the 10th Amendment.
a good argument, but i point you to texas v white

Oh right, a union court upholding union concepts, after the fact, Surprise, surprise. I guess you agree with the Dred Scott decision also.
the supreme court decides issues of constitutionality, does it not?

secession on the part of an individual state is not allowed by the constitution. this is decided case law.

They claimed to have left the Union, to have 'seceded', but they had not yet, and did not succeed.

I dont care what law on earth says owning humans is ok.

I find it a moral IMPERATIVE for that law to be forcibly removed.

I would have been on the front fucking lines, too.

Let's face it. Southerners fought against Northern aggression and for their freedom. They were patriotic Americans sick of seeing their country going the wrong way. That's why people typically fly the Stars and Bars.
But we got over that and healed and the descendents of those Confederates went on to serve the American army and win our wars.
But those who want to censor, who want to denigrate the struggle of our Southern ancestors, who want to demonize others for holding opinions contrary to theirs are no better than jihhadis and communists, who want to ban anything contrary to their religion. They are the hater dupes of the public world.

The people taking down the flags are the decedents of those Confederates.

NIcky Haley is a descendent of Confederates?

Most of the people who want to take the flags down are Yankee carpet baggers.
Bummer to be such a hick, eh?

It's a bummer to be a dumb dyke, isn't it?
How old are you, angry white chump? Please die off and take your racist bigot pals with you...Nicki will be fine. Time marches on, not racist bigot southerners.

If only bripat was around the confederacy woulda probably won easily. Easily.
If Bripat were around the confederacy would have invaded Mexico to oppose Northern tyranny.

The north invaded the south. You fail
there was no invasion.you cannot invade your own country.

It wasn't Lincoln's country, asshole. They seceded. Do you know what "seceded" means" Look it up.
good lord you're dumb. sure, they said they seceded. i could say i'm king of the andals and the first men, lord of the Seven kingdoms, and protector of the realm. doesn't mean i get to plant my ass on the iron throne.

the secession was illegal. they never left the united states, they just played at it.

[

and now....

None, but Lincoln didn't issue the Emancipation Proclamation until it became necessary to wage total war to keep them from seceding.

In fact Lincoln had no problem with slaves, then he wanted to send them all back to Africa at the end of the war. He was no freaking hero.

Let's face it. Southerners fought against Northern aggression and for their freedom.

Wrong. Southerners fought to keep people slaves. That's the opposite of fighting for freedom. White southerners already had freedom, moron. The "aggression" you're talking about is northern states' refusal to help the southern states enforce their slave laws.

They were patriotic Americans sick of seeing their country going the wrong way.

If by the "wrong way" you mean away from slavery, then sure.

That's why people typically fly the Stars and Bars.

To be fair the latest fight is over the battle jack.

But we got over that and healed and the descendents of those Confederates went on to serve the American army and win our wars.
But those who want to censor, who want to denigrate the struggle of our Southern ancestors, who want to demonize others for holding opinions contrary to theirs are no better than jihhadis and communists, who want to ban anything contrary to their religion. They are the hater dupes of the public world.

It isn't "censorship" for a state to not promote the symbol of a nation that took up arms against the United States in the name of subjugating blacks.

Lincoln bent over backwards to avoid war , never did anything to abolish slavery before the war. Just ignorant Southern a-holes again. Now finally dying off. Age of Information and all...

Lincoln had a constitutional mandate to do so.[/QUOTE]

Feel free to point where in the Constitution where secession is prohibited.[/QUOTE]

The states signed on to a Perpetual Union that was never abrogated, and in fact was merely extended with the new Constitution.[/QUOTE]

Just saying it doesn't make it fact.

Forum List

Back