If you oppose the Confederate flag you oppose the American flag too

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
Let's face it. Southerners fought against Northern aggression and for their freedom. They were patriotic Americans sick of seeing their country going the wrong way. That's why people typically fly the Stars and Bars.
But we got over that and healed and the descendents of those Confederates went on to serve the American army and win our wars.
But those who want to censor, who want to denigrate the struggle of our Southern ancestors, who want to demonize others for holding opinions contrary to theirs are no better than jihhadis and communists, who want to ban anything contrary to their religion. They are the hater dupes of the public world.

Let's face it. Southerners fought against Northern aggression and for their freedom. They were patriotic Americans sick of seeing their country going the wrong way. That's why people typically fly the Stars and Bars.
But we got over that and healed and the descendents of those Confederates went on to serve the American army and win our wars.
But those who want to censor, who want to denigrate the struggle of our Southern ancestors, who want to demonize others for holding opinions contrary to theirs are no better than jihhadis and communists, who want to ban anything contrary to their religion. They are the hater dupes of the public world.

The people taking down the flags are the decedents of those Confederates.

The people taking down the flags are the decedents of those Confederates.

NIcky Haley is a descendent of Confederates?

Most of the people who want to take the flags down are Yankee carpet baggers.

A complete explanation of how and why your silly remarks are wrong would be wasted on you, but somebody has to at least tell you that you are wrong, so ........YOU ARE WRONG.

Nah, they wouldn't be a waste. Just think of the good time we could have rolling on the floor laughing.

Why is everyone playing the lefts game of mass distraction. Let's stop replying to these dumb ass flag threads and force them back on their fucked up candidates and policies. Post threads on those topics and push their distraction threads off the first page.

Why is everyone playing the lefts game of mass distraction. Let's stop replying to these dumb ass flag threads and force them back on their fucked up candidates and policies. Post threads on those topics and push their distraction threads off the first page.

So you agree with me that Rabbi is actually a liberal.

Didn't say that, I think this is a response to the multitudes of leftist post claiming the confederate battle flag is equivalent to flying the nazi or isis falgs, which is nothing but a weapon of mass distraction. If they had anything positive to post about their party or candidates they'd be doing it. Since they don't they just keep slinging shit.

Does not matter. The liberal left have sunk their teeth into this because they believe it can be exploited for political gain and nothing is going to stop them from using it to their advantage. Candycorn is already posting threads about how Nikki Haley's career is over... she has "slit her own throat" by coming out AGAINST the flag! See how that works? If you stand up for the flag, you're a racist... if you don't, you're a political coward who is doomed. You cannot win with a liberal on this issue.

I'm like Rush... How did Republicans get mixed up in this? It was DEMOCRATS who incorporated the Confederate flag on all the state flags. Just like it was the Democrats who supported slavery, segregation, the KKK, opposed Civil Rights, stood in the schoolhouse door... on and on. Maybe we should talk about getting rid of that damn jackass they use as their logo? Clearly a symbol of stubborn and defiant RACIST HATE for MANY years!

Because, after all... being American is all about censoring thoughts and ideas as well as expression. We should all stand up and demand society be cleansed of anything offensive to others. Nothing says "tolerance" like that, right?

I used to spend a lot of time with liberals trying to explain the history and heritage behind the CSA and the Confederate flag but I gave up on this because I realized they are never going to accept anything other than their bigoted beliefs. Many ignorant liberals view the Civil War as a victory over racism. The racist South wanted to keep blacks enslaved and the righteous North was fighting for their freedom.... and that's how they were educated about the war.

I had two ancestors who fought and died under the Confederate battle flag. Neither of them owned a slave or associated with anyone who owned slaves. Our family was actually worse off than most slaves... they were uneducated farmers who struggled to make a living... largely BECAUSE of slavery! While slaves, as abhorrent at slavery was, didn't have to worry about a roof over their heads and food in their bellies, my ancestors had to work their asses off constantly to keep their heads above water. No one ever "gave" them anything. When the CW was over, my great grandmother worked cotton fields for a black sharecropper! She was grateful for getting the work because it kept her kids from starving to death. My family never got 40 acres and a mule... they worked for the former slaves who did.

But all of this heritage is lost on a liberal. They can only view the Confederate flag as a symbol of racist hate. It doesn't matter what you try to explain, the more you try to explain the more they make you out to be a racist who supports a racist symbol of hate. For me, the Confederate flag is a symbol of southern heritage and honor. I am offended that racist hate groups have hijacked it and perverted it into something it wasn't ever intended as. It's sad to me that our history is so lost when it comes to this but it's not going to change. Liberals are going to continue to exploit it and use it for political gain against the right and those who defend it.

The biggest problem I have with the "take it down" movement is... where does this all end? Are we supposed to expunge history of all things offensive now? Seems to me that is recipe for devout ignorance. We can shove our history in the closet and pretend it doesn't exist but what purpose does this ultimately serve? How do we learn anything from that? Why not, instead of becoming "offended" at the sight of the flag, take that opportunity to explain why we should be tolerant of it and respect it for what it stood for at the time? (which wasn't racism.)

Didn't say that, I think this is a response to the multitudes of leftist post claiming the confederate battle flag is equivalent to flying the nazi or isis falgs, which is nothing but a weapon of mass distraction. If they had anything positive to post about their party or candidates they'd be doing it. Since they don't they just keep slinging shit.

Hey, it was Rabbi's dumb ass flag thread. It was his game of mass distraction, so he must be a liberal. I agree with you. It's about time someone pulled him out of the closet.

you're ability to paint a war started to guarantee slavery as something noble is sickening.

President Lincoln was too kind to the south he should have let General Sherman continue even after the south was whipped and utterly defeated

"I would make this war as severe as possible, and show no symptoms of tiring till the South begs for mercy."

"My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom."

William Tecumseh Sherman

I love the way you liberal turds are so proud to prove what vicious despicable murderous thugs you are. Yeah, that's the way to show your "compassion" and how you love everyone. Wishing rape, pillage and mass murder on half the country isn't hate, is it?

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

BTW, Sherman was a war criminal who should have been tried and hung.

you're ability to paint a war started to guarantee slavery as something noble is sickening.

Lincoln started the war, moron, and it wasn't to free the slaves.

And you thinking you can judge people that lived in a different time by todays standards is equally sickening.

Lincoln started the war, moron, and it wasn't to free the slaves.
lincoln didn't start a war. secession started the war.

And you thinking you can judge people that lived in a different time by todays standards is equally sickening.
so you're a moral relativist now?
those people chose to take up arms against their nation in defense of slavery. that does not make them patriots as the op would like us to believe. it makes them traitors.

Forum List

Back