If You Need Only One Reason to Vote for Romney, Here It Is

Good point...

If we could get rid of Scalia and Thomas the courts would start making responsible decisions again

so is it only responsible when they rule in your favor?......or does it matter?......:eusa_eh:

he didn't say to get rid of the other conservatives. there's a reason those two shouldn't be on the bench.

and i actually agree with him.

Justice Antonin Scalia: 76 years old
Justice Anthony Kennedy: 75 years old
Justice Clarence Thomas: 64 years old
Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg: 79 years old
Justice Stephen Breyer: 73 years old

In the next four years the president may be replacing any or all of those Supreme Court Justices. If Obama is elected they will be replaced with liberal, activist justices in the mold of Justices Kagan and Sotomayer who will allow the liberals to dominate the court for decades.

You may not be overjoyed about Romney, but I would encourage you to ask yourself who you would trust to appoint justices to the Supreme Court that will maintain the balance and integrity of the judicial branch: Romney or Obama (who has already given us Kagan and Sotomayer).

List of Justices of the Supreme Court of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

well, i'd suggest that to you and the rightwingers who wouldn't vote for the president anyway, that might be a reason.

to me and every other lawyer and judge i know, it's the reason to never ever ever vote for a republican for a federal position. :)

You apparently only hang with liberal lawyers/judges...;)

they're just good judges and lawyers... they know when someone's a hack no matter what side of the political fence on which they sit.

and no, you won't ever hear me call roberts or kennedy or sandra day o'connor hacks.

Liberals are blind to the FACT that Obama is a goddamned Marxist. If he gets another term, he may just try to do away with the Supreme Court...along with the Constitution.

Never have we had such an arrogant, self righteous prick in the White House.

In the next four years the president may be replacing any or all of those Supreme Court Justices. If Obama is elected they will be replaced with liberal, activist justices in the mold of Justices Kagan and Sotomayer who will allow the liberals to dominate the court for decades.

You may not be overjoyed about Romney, but I would encourage you to ask yourself who you would trust to appoint justices to the Supreme Court that will maintain the balance and integrity of the judicial branch: Romney or Obama (who has already given us Kagan and Sotomayer).

List of Justices of the Supreme Court of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But he's a MOOOOOOOOOOOOOORMOOOOOOOON.

Course being a Mormon never stopped Democrats from voting for Harry Reid.:D

If I lived in Nevada, I'd vote against Reid for the same reason.

Thankfully, I live in IL, where we shot Joseph Smith like a dog.

Liberals are blind to the FACT that Obama is a goddamned Marxist. If he gets another term, he may just try to do away with the Supreme Court...along with the Constitution.

Never have we had such an arrogant, self righteous prick in the White House.

Not since the last guy, nope.

Seriously, Obama is horrible, but he's pretty much the opposite of a Marxist.

Well that's different. It's ok if you are a liberal Mormon. Didn't you get the memo?

Reed is a senator and people in his state vote for him. Mormons live in his state.
Romny is running for president and all 57 states vote for him not just mormon ones.
Get it?

Notice how what you're responding to is independent of your response? Romney is repeatedly making an argument here that you've, I think, explicitly rejected (or at least repeatedly denied accepting) in this thread; so we're treated to this semantic shift so you can avoid coming to grips with that. That's often a sign that you've run out of ground to stand on.

No, it's just that you are arguing a different point than I was arguing before with other posters. You are arguing about whether Romney's quotes are accurate. I was arguing before whether or not a plan in one state could be simply tossed into another state without alteration and be effective.

You state in post #92

"...and prevents each state from pursuing its own approach. Instead of providing leeway to states, Romney says, the ACA instead results in them being "dictated to by Washington."

I was responding to that line of argument that you were making. I will grant you that the AC does allow for some flexibility, but it still dictates and forces a given approach. There may be some flexibility within that approach but states are still forced to accept the overall plan or face the consequences. This is precisely what was being argued before the Supreme Court on the third day of oral arguments.

Anyway, it looks we've reached the point where I need to simply repeat things I've already said because you've might have spontaneously come to "misunderstand" what I'm saying about the state-federal relationship under the ACA:

No I understand what you are getting at. The point I think you are ignoring is that there's a reason why the ACA is in the hands of the SCOTUS....whether or not there is a small amount of flexibility within the overall scheme is somewhat irrelevant. The people are being forced to accept that overall scheme and they don't want it, they don't believe it will work, they believe it will do more harm than good, and they believe it is an abuse of power by the federal government.

The justices stated during oral arguments that if the ACA was done on a state level there would be no problem with it. I have made that argument several times myself, and I was glad they appeared to agree with me. However, it can't be done at the federal level, and while the jury is still out, it appears they are going to agree with me on that as well.

Furthermore, I am not talking about state plans that are partnerships. California has an independent state insurance plan, for example. While they receive some federal funding it does not come with many strings attached. They can do pretty much whatever they want provided they adhere to a relatively few legal requirements. This is not the case with the ACA. The amount of flexibility the states have is far less than California has with Medi-Cal.

So while I agree with your earlier assessment that Romney's comments were "a wee bit" misleading, there is still far more fact in there than fiction.

Let's hope somebody doesn't shoot you because of your religion.....or lack of.

Let's hope you never get on Obama's bad side and he sends the IRS after you. Just because he doesn't like you. You make too much money, or you're white, or you don't vote for the right political party.

Well that's different. It's ok if you are a liberal Mormon. Didn't you get the memo?

Reed is a senator and people in his state vote for him. Mormons live in his state.
Romny is running for president and all 57 states vote for him not just mormon ones.
Get it?

No. Mormons live in every state. The problem seems to be Democraps aren't held to the same standards as Repugs as far as their regious beliefs.

Same goes for Blacks, Latinos, and women. Being conservative is a crime in some circles.

Last edited:

Get it?

No. Mormons live in every state. The problem seems to be Democraps aren't held to the same standards as Repugs as far as their regious beliefs.

Same goes for Blacks, Latinos, and women. Being conservative is a crime in some circles.

When conservatives or liberals commit crimes against others because of their political beliefs, then should get hammered.

The people of my state shot Joseph Smith because he was banging multiple teenage girls and running amok with his own private army. (Seriously, the guy wore a miltiary uniform and everything.)

d87_mr.jpg

"weeee, I'm a General!!!"

Let's hope you never get on Obama's bad side and he sends the IRS after you. Just because he doesn't like you. You make too much money, or you're white, or you don't vote for the right political party.

or you just go around whining about having to follow sensible laws... Oh, wait.

Sorry, man, just not seeing the scary negro you see.

The people of my state shot Joseph Smith because he was banging multiple teenage girls and running amok with his own private army. (Seriously, the guy wore a miltiary uniform and everything.)

d87_mr.jpg

"weeee, I'm a General!!!"

So Joe B. You like to go around calling people homophobes for any reason and to convict George Zimmerman of murder for self defense. But it's okay to justify mob murder based on your bigotry? I think you've lost all credibility.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back