If you met God... What would you do next?

Imagine that you're walking along and suddenly, everything around you freezes... you remain wholly animated, lucid and free to move; but all around you, every other facet of your existence is apparently frozen.

Before you appears another person... nondescript; whatever would appear to you as something you could never be threatened by, would instinctively trust and not confuse as someone with whom you have some experience or would have ever known.

This person's voice is calm and invokes comfort, confidence and trust. They explain to you that you are safe, will not be harmed, that your consciousness has been accelerated to perceive them in a span of time for which, ordinarily, your brain is incapable of accounting. That the events that you're presently witnessing are occurring within a infinitesimal moment of your life, an otherwise imperceptible sliver of a second.

You find yourself calm, without fear or concern and wonder who this is and why they are speaking to you, but while you do not know them, you trust them.

The person then informs you that they are God and have come to you to assure you that they exist, that you are their child and that they're there to answer all of your questions, so that you can from the next moment, spend the rest of your life on this earth, knowing the truth and live your life free of worry and want.

It then gives you the opportunity to ask it whatever you will, answers all of your greatest curiosities, tells you who shot Kennedy; allowing you to see it as it happened, listening to all of the various discussions leading up to it... you experience JFKs thoughts in his final moments; along with the thoughts of all of the respective players, relevant to his life at that moment; you understand... .

You're on the Moon with Armstrong and Aldrin. You're in the head of Elvis, when he expires, you see him wherever he is at that moment. You experience the building of the great Pyramids... you're stepping out of a wooden launch onto a cold rocky shoreline, with you are members of your congregation, as you realize you have arrived at the end of your long journey... .

You witness the unimaginable light breaking the darkness at the moment our Universe is created.

EVERYTHING you ever wanted to know... you witness cold, lifeless matter morphing into anything you imagine, you instinctively understand the composition of sub-molecular space/time, comprehending the nature of nature at levels you could have never before imagined; THE UNIVERSE is made known to you; you know the meaning of life itself.

Then, as quickly as it came, without missing a step, your environment is seemingly reanimated, as your mind synchronizes with our pace of time... you recall the events entirely, everything you experienced is fully intact in your mind.

ASSUMING that such occurred to you: Now what?

If I was alone and all that happened I'd check into a hospital and get an MRI so the docs could find the brain tumor

Imagine that you're walking along and suddenly, everything around you freezes... you remain wholly animated, lucid and free to move; but all around you, every other facet of your existence is apparently frozen.

Before you appears another person... nondescript; whatever would appear to you as something you could never be threatened by, would instinctively trust and not confuse as someone with whom you have some experience or would have ever known.

This person's voice is calm and invokes comfort, confidence and trust. They explain to you that you are safe, will not be harmed, that your consciousness has been accelerated to perceive them in a span of time for which, ordinarily, your brain is incapable of accounting. That the events that you're presently witnessing are occurring within a infinitesimal moment of your life, an otherwise imperceptible sliver of a second.

You find yourself calm, without fear or concern and wonder who this is and why they are speaking to you, but while you do not know them, you trust them.

The person then informs you that they are God and have come to you to assure you that they exist, that you are their child and that they're there to answer all of your questions, so that you can from the next moment, spend the rest of your life on this earth, knowing the truth and live your life free of worry and want.

It then gives you the opportunity to ask it whatever you will, answers all of your greatest curiosities, tells you who shot Kennedy; allowing you to see it as it happened, listening to all of the various discussions leading up to it... you experience JFKs thoughts in his final moments; along with the thoughts of all of the respective players, relevant to his life at that moment; you understand... .

You're on the Moon with Armstrong and Aldrin. You're in the head of Elvis, when he expires, you see him wherever he is at that moment. You experience the building of the great Pyramids... you're stepping out of a wooden launch onto a cold rocky shoreline, with you are members of your congregation, as you realize you have arrived at the end of your long journey... .

You witness the unimaginable light breaking the darkness at the moment our Universe is created.

EVERYTHING you ever wanted to know... you witness cold, lifeless matter morphing into anything you imagine, you instinctively understand the composition of sub-molecular space/time, comprehending the nature of nature at levels you could have never before imagined; THE UNIVERSE is made known to you; you know the meaning of life itself.

Then, as quickly as it came, without missing a step, your environment is seemingly reanimated, as your mind synchronizes with our pace of time... you recall the events entirely, everything you experienced is fully intact in your mind.

I would be pissed off that Morgan Freeman is now invading My hallucinations. The one fucking place I thought I could get away from him.......

I find it odd that people have so much antagonism toward God....I think they need to look at the world and how it works and what is said to be waiting for us on the other side and think a little more deeply than they are now...

Keep in mind...no matter how bad this world may be at times...if heaven is real...we will possibly have an eternity of not being in this world...so look at this world as you would when your kid is growing up...

If you watch your kid interacting in the world and they fall down and skin their knee, it is the worst thing in the world to them because they don't understand he wider experience of living...you know this but they don't, so you know that the skinned knee is a passing experience...the same in the world we live in as adults...

If what we believe is true...in general about heaven, God and the rest...no matter how horrible our experience here in the world...in the wider concept of eternity....it is a passing tragedy...

do you as a parent step in every time your kids face,a,problem, a difficult choice or make a bad decision...or do you let them work it out for themselves as much as possible? as an individual and an adult...would you want your parents,making all of your decisions for you, choosing every aspect of your life down to the smallest detail...stepping in and involving themselves in every conflict you encounter...?

If God exists and he created everything out there...and we have at most 100 years on the planet compared to an eternity free of pain and suffering...does,anything that happens to,us here really matter...other than as a way to learn about things he may want us to know...joy, suffering, helping others, guilt, compassion, cowardice, bravery...all these things are something we would learn by seeing them happen or not happen, or experience for ourselves...

So, I think the world he made actually makes sense...if you look at it deeply enough and see it as a parent trying to teach children the deepest things in existence...

Take the the greatest tragedy one can imagine...the horrible death of a young child...as horrible as it is for the child and for us to experience...the grief, the sadness...all of those emotions...if you believe in God and heaven...once that child dies, they are going to a better place where they will no longer suffer and where they will find peace and happiness...horrible for us as living creatures, but in the terms of an eternity where there is no suffering...?

and doesn't that tragedy drive us to fix whatever it was that caused the death of that child...from medicine to police techniques, to philosophies of charity, to being compassionate toward the victims and their families, to helping others...how can those things,really be learned if the tragedy doesn't happen...if no one ever dies or no one ever dies unjustly because no one ever committed an evil act by choice...the victim passes on to a loving God, and we go on learning until it is our time to die and move,on...

We are meant to learn from all of these things the good and the bad...and we can't learn if we don't experience these things can we...we can't learn morality, justice or compassion if there aren't those things that create a need for them...it may be a hard knock way to learn them...for us...at times...but in he greater scheme of eternity...where justice and peace are promised on the other side...?

Last edited:
Answering this seriously, I likely wouldn't do much of anything. If I managed to keep breathing that'd be pretty impressive. I'd hope he/she/it does the talking and I can listen. If I have to talk I'm in trouble. I'm not skilled at conversation with people nevermind a god. (writing's my forte')

and if I actually met God...I would hope he is as merciful as they say he is....and I would say thanks...

Answering this seriously, I likely wouldn't do much of anything. If I managed to keep breathing that'd be pretty impressive. I'd hope he/she/it does the talking and I can listen. If I have to talk I'm in trouble. I'm not skilled at conversation with people nevermind a god. (writing's my forte')

I agree. To actually meet a god would be the biggest gobsmack possible. It would be like actually meeting an extraterrestrial. An experience beyond words.

I agree. To actually meet a god would be the biggest gobsmack possible. It would be like actually meeting an extraterrestrial. An experience beyond words.

I actually just had a nightmare involving a Gray a few weeks ago (least, I keep telling myself it was only a dream...hehe) but coming face to face with a Gray, even though prepared to (in my waking state and the dream) I didn't make anyone proud of how I handled it. 'Coniption fit' and 'little girl hissy fit' are good descriptions. And that's just some guy who happens to look weird. :)

Oh my. I have lived a pretty long life now and the only thing I want to take with me, other than the love and good memories I have in this life, is a long list of questions I hope to get answered some day. So of course, like BBD, I would be overwhelmed and in awe if God should fully reveal himself to me--I feel his presence almost always so it isn't a matter of 'meeting' him--and would worship him. And then I would get out that list . . . .:)

I would immediately know that it was not God because I know that Jesus does not show up that way. He must come according to Matthew 24 and no more than 5 times does he warn us "do not be deceived". I would not care what miracles this "god" did - I would not listen to a single word! Not one word! We must go by the Book. Not by sight, not by hearing some voice, not by our senses, our finite mind, our own limited understanding, not even our own heart which could deceive us. Only by the Word of God alone. If it doesn't line up with the Word? It isn't God.

I would immediately know that it was not God because I know that Jesus does not show up that way. He must come according to Matthew 24 and no more than 5 times does he warn us "do not be deceived". I would not care what miracles this "god" did - I would not listen to a single word! Not one word! We must go by the Book. Not by sight, not by hearing some voice, not by our senses, our finite mind, our own limited understanding, not even our own heart which could deceive us. Only by the Word of God alone. If it doesn't line up with the Word? It isn't God.

LOL! Whatever you say.

I just have one really easy simple question;

What are you hiding from?

I know, your followers, and no, I don't blame you. I would too if I was in your position.

Which god(s) are you talking about?

List of deities - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Which god(s) are you talking about?

List of deities - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

God. The force of reason and overarching supreme authority over the universe.

Is there some reason that you're leaning on here, which holds that because different people or cultures refer to such in different ways, that this is indicative of distinct entities?

If you're able, I'd be very interested in hearing what that reason is.

I just have one really easy simple question;

What are you hiding from?

I know, your followers, and no, I don't blame you. I would too if I was in your position.

If anyone has any clue with regard to what this contributor is referring, I'd be interested in knowing what it is.

All I would want to know is if there is any part of people that is eternal. I have a strong suspicion there is, but I would like to know for certain. And if there isn't, why he 'created' or 'allowed' the evolution of a, or a group of, species to develop a soul that perceives, longs for and lives in eternal things but whose existence is limited to a temporal body.

Forum List

Back