If you met God... What would you do next?

Interesting. I don't believe it works like that at all, but I enjoy "if" questions that make me think, so will give it a go under your scenario, that God appeared to me in that way.

If I got to ask my questions, one of the first would be, "What do You want me to do?" So, I would do that, whatever it may be. In addition, there'd be a whole lot of gratitude. On the whole, this has been a wonderous experience, this life of mine. I have known such love and joy. There has been gut-wrenching sorrow, pain, anger, etc. from time to time, but those times are not the norm, and I am stronger and better for every one of those moments. Looking back, I can't say I'd give those moments up, because they were all part of a much larger experience that I would not want to erase.

I would like to know why others have not been so blessed and suffer so much without the love and joy to diminish their pain, but I suspect He'd tell me to get my lazy, privileged ass over there to ease their suffering and love them, not from afar, but in a tangible way that actually would bring joy to them and ease their suffering. My charity work is local and mostly literacy-related. I could do more if I weren't so complacent.

I believe I actually have experienced God when I was seconds from death with no way to avoid it, but it was not like that. It was overwhelming comfort, peace, warmth (hard to describe) when I should have been terrified. To this day, I do not know how that rig moved the way it did, took that narrow dirt shoulder in that split second ... amazing still.

Forum List

Back