If you met an alien, would you be scared?

Deer are not more intelligent. They just have a wider field of vision and they also have 4 legs as opposed to our mere two legs. Therefore they can run a lot faster.

But because of our higher intelligence and opposable thumbs, we have the ability to produce weapons that fire projectiles that are a lot faster than deer.

Therefore, we enjoy venison.
And yet they know how to live with nature and not destroy their habitat…

So you would just run up to him and start asking all of those questions out of the blue? That's a bit weird, isn't it? What if, after all of that, the alien's head opens up and three huge mouths with big ass fangs eats you head first, all in one big bite?
Yes, absolutely. I would have no fear. They're not here to eat us, otherwise they already would have. They've been here for a very long time, and are the basis of your religions.

What are you scared about?

Would you be afraid of God, if he showed up one day?

Or do you run away from Santa Claus at the mall, and cry?

What would your reaction be? Of course, at first, it'll be scary. But will you overcome that fear and try to learn something?

And if so, and you could communicate, what would you ask?

Me? I want to learn about their culture. I want to learn about their music, art, and other forms of entertainment. Do they have any? Do they like ours? Do they like the Beatles! I want to learn about how they live.

Then, I want to learn about science baby!
I met an alien. Not scary at all. I spoke no Spanish and he spoke no English but he seemed nice enough.

I mean, how do you counter such an absurd statement from a religious fanatic?

You can't do it. You just gotta roll your eyes and hope he goes away.

No matter what I could say, would be countered by meaningless biblical verses. And he would still think he's winning. I've done this before, and even if I win, he will say he was on my side the whole time. I've fought this guy before and won. And I see he got banned too, and came back with one of his socks. So I know what the result is going to be.

Last edited:
I love your name, I'm a huge Princess Bride fan. I'd love to hear what aliens are.

What would your reaction be? Of course, at first, it'll be scary. But will you overcome that fear and try to learn something?

Me? I want to learn about their culture. I want to learn about their music, art, and other forms of entertainment. Do they have any? Do they like ours? Do they like the Beatles! I want to learn about how they live.

Have no fear my child.
There are none. Science can't be learnt any day you chose.

Well, if you have the right teacher, you can learn a lot of stuff in a day. But I'm more about their culture first. Science second.

I'm fascinated about cultures in this world. And to meet someone outside this world, gosh, I would have endless questions.

That was so well wrote, that I have to disagree with you... I don't know how you wrote that so quickly.

How can you have all those thoughts in your head, ready to post on a moment's notice? It means you didn't write it, and are doing the stuff that the unspeakable person does. Copy/paste. And it sounds just like him.
So, the guy answers you and you call him a liar. F- off.

It all depends.

Are you coming into this discussion with the assumption that an alien must be a peaceful being or do you acknowledge the possibility that all the alien wants to do is irradicate what it perceives as a lower life form?

It all depends.

Are you coming into this discussion with the assumption that an alien must be a peaceful being or do you acknowledge the possibility that all the alien wants to do is irradicate what it perceives as a lower life form?
While that is a possibility, it seemslike a stretch. Even if they are far advanced technogically, that doesn't mean each individual will necessarily have, for example, 100x the cognitive capability of a human.

How many people do you know that use cell phones? Virtually all.

How many of them do you think could describe the quantum mechanics at work in the processor in those cell phones? Close to zero.

You see the difference.

Second, such sentient beings would recognize our sentience. Even if we are "inferior", they would recognize the cruelty in destroying or harming us. Tha may not stop them, but even we humans recognize something special about chimps vs. ants. Even dogs.

Forum List

Back