if you grew old and didnt managed to maintain a stabile family relationship

did you failed in life?

60 years old, without wife, without children, grandchildren.

Family isn't necessarily about procreating. Just find some people you like hanging out with. And hang out. Then, you win.

so a couple of friends Count as Family too?

In my book they do. My 'family' certainly includes people who aren't blood relatives. Sometimes, they are more kindred spirits than my genetic relations.

EDIT: You should watch Firefly

Family isn't necessarily about procreating. Just find some people you like hanging out with. And hang out. Then, you win.

In my book they do. My 'family' certainly includes people who aren't blood relatives. Sometimes, they are more kindred spirits than my genetic relations.

friends are friends and family is family. i mean family in the traditional sense of the meaning

Depends if having a family was a personal goal or not. I have an aunt in her 60's who has never married or had children... But that's what she wanted.

true you cant fail at something you never set a Goal for. but are those people, persons we should pitty? either for their failure or for their choice?

My aunt is a very wealthily woman who has spent her life building a thriving business and spent her retirement traveling the world. So no, I don't really pity her.

yes true, such people can achieve many other Goals, but dont they lack something major in life still? i wished to be very succesful and wealthy and travell and all that, but i still wouldnt like to miss out to be 60 years old and Play with my grandchildren

Some people should not be married
Some people should not have kids

did you failed in life?

you failed.... only if you measure your success by how many wives and children you have.

wives is a overexaggeration. because monogamy is the Standard to most people but i guess having a couple of children is a gift. being fruitful is considered in all cultures as gift. people prayed to the godess of fruitfulness to give them many children nowadays they pray to Jesus

Last edited:

friends are friends and family is family. i mean family in the traditional sense of the meaning

this is where i laugh at you now....

DUDE............. get some damn therapy!

grow the fuck up....get laid....get yourself a NONE virgin.... and stop being a whining pussy about your none sex life.

did you failed in life?

A "stable family life" is very subjective. To some it may be family of origin, to others it is their extended family or a combination thereof. Failure, again, is a subjective measure when dealing with having children or not. I never considered myself a failure when I did not have a child. There was a point where I was considering being a Big Brother as I felt I could be a positive male influence in a person's life.

Marriage was never a measuring rod for me either. Some people are simply not the marrying kind.

When I put my head on my pillow at night and take my daily inventory of how my day went, I think of how I treated others, if I did so with love, respect and value then I feel my day was a success. A lifetime is just a string of days put together. If I am true to myself and my principals then I never fail. If I do not have the courage of my convictions then I will surely fail and exist in a living hell.

did you failed in life?

A "stable family life" is very subjective. To some it may be family of origin, to others it is their extended family or a combination thereof. Failure, again, is a subjective measure when dealing with having children or not. I never considered myself a failure when I did not have a child. There was a point where I was considering being a Big Brother as I felt I could be a positive male influence in a person's life.

Marriage was never a measuring rod for me either. Some people are simply not the marrying kind.

When I put my head on my pillow at night and take my daily inventory of how my day went, I think of how I treated others, if I did so with love, respect and value then I feel my day was a success. A lifetime is just a string of days put together. If I am true to myself and my principals then I never fail. If I do not have the courage of my convictions then I will surely fail and exist in a living hell.

yes i see your point. but i think i could maybe fail in establishing a family, and that is what im afraid of

who are those people and why? i think right to found family life is a Basic human right

Some people are too self centered to be in a relationship. Others are violent, socially inept, irresponsible, unfaithful............They should not get married

Some people are not good with children, are irresponsible, violent, selfish.....They should not have children

who are those people and why? i think right to found family life is a Basic human right

Some people are too self centered to be in a relationship. Others are violent, socially inept, irresponsible, unfaithful............They should not get married

Some people are not good with children, are irresponsible, violent, selfish.....They should not have children

no one is without failure, everyone is one or two things of the ones you mentioned. no one should be forbidden to have a family, not even disabled people.

no one is without failure, everyone is one or two things of the ones you mentioned. no one should be forbidden to have a family, not even disabled people.

he did not say one word about forbidding anyone from having a family....

do you think its right for a violent man to have children....
do you think its right for a man how cant provide a home, food and clothing to have children?
do you think its right for a man who thinks of himself first in all things to have children?
do you think its right for emotional disturbed or inept men to have children to raise?

did you failed in life?

yes i see your point. but i think i could maybe fail in establishing a family, and that is what im afraid of

That is a natural feeling and over time with establishing close and intimate relationships you begin to discover many wondrous things about yourself and you will develop a firm foundation by which you have the confidence and the wherewithal to begin the family that you want. It takes time, an open mind and emotional risk to allow yourself to love and be loved by another.

Forum List

Back