If You Can Help

Well I just happened to happen upon this thread purely by chance --- should be way better disseminated --- and I'm trying to put something in but I have no experience with GoFundMe and it's putting up roadblocks. It wants me to "tip" something. Also I wish it had a PayPal option but that doesn't appear to be the case (?) so I have to get banks involved, never a simple thing. I'll have to move money around to do that.

WTF is this "tip" about? Why won't it let me proceed?

It's not hard to recall when I was ousted by Katrina and how generous people were everywhere for whatever we needed. I would like to pay back some karma. I can't think of a more deserving cause than Gracie. Thinking of you Ms G, just trying to crack the system. :death:

I think the tip is what we pay to help GoFundMe to stay afloat.

Rats. I thought I wuz gettin' a meal out of it. :uhh:

It stopped me when I reset the tip to zero, not knowing wtf it was, but I eventually got in there. Didn't see a PayPal option so I'll have to resettle extra money around before I can move it. But it's on the way Gracie. :smiliehug:

^^^^^ This is why I love ogo Pogo :smoke:

Cuz I'm always thinking about food? :eusa_angel:

Wuv you too Oosie.

Will update you tomorrow after church ladies talk to us and to keep you informed.

Don't forget to breathe Gracie.

Attachments

• 39357074_510890882685100_7942104217815089152_n.gif
    39357074_510890882685100_7942104217815089152_n.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 151
Hi again!New update: The church ladyies visited us and gave us two gasoline cards valued at 100.00, and one gift card to use anywhere valued at 50 dollars. No rent money though for the motel, but we are thankful for what they gave us. Our car insurer came by too because my car is burned on the hood, side, front and rear fenders and roof. The headlight covers are burned too so I cant drive at night. They want me to trash it but it still runs and i plan to keep it Still, they said its too old and they could only give us 500 and I said no...I need a car, even a burned one. So, they are working om the claim and we might get enough to at least replace the lenses covering ther headlights.

The lady we escaped with has a sister in sacramento, who told her that the tenants in the duplex she owns in Marysville gave notice, so tentatively, we MIGHT have an apartment to go to on the 30th. Our housemate and us will split the rent, which will be 800. MrG will have one room, she will have the other and I will sleep on the couch. I hope this comes to pass because it beats scrambling to find money for a noisy motel and it will be more comfortable for us with even a kitchen to cook in!

I have not drawn any money out of the go fundme because 1) I dont know how, and 2) the wifi here is so bad, I cant stay online long enough to figute it out. Which means I have to go now cuz it will stop at any time.

Will update again soon. We are ok until the 27th but after that...I don,t know. Lets all hope I can get some out of gofund so I can pay until the 30th and that my van makes it to marysville on that day!!

Thanks, guys. I cant express how grateful we are.

Hi again!New update: The church ladyies visited us and gave us two gasoline cards valued at 100.00, and one gift card to use anywhere valued at 50 dollars. No rent money though for the motel, but we are thankful for what they gave us. Our car insurer came by too because my car is burned on the hood, side, front and rear fenders and roof. The headlight covers are burned too so I cant drive at night. They want me to trash it but it still runs and i plan to keep it Still, they said its too old and they could only give us 500 and I said no...I need a car, even a burned one. So, they are working om the claim and we might get enough to at least replace the lenses covering ther headlights.

The lady we escaped with has a sister in sacramento, who told her that the tenants in the duplex she owns in Marysville gave notice, so tentatively, we MIGHT have an apartment to go to on the 30th. Our housemate and us will split the rent, which will be 800. MrG will have one room, she will have the other and I will sleep on the couch. I hope this comes to pass because it beats scrambling to find money for a noisy motel and it will be more comfortable for us with even a kitchen to cook in!

I have not drawn any money out of the go fundme because 1) I dont know how, and 2) the wifi here is so bad, I cant stay online long enough to figute it out. Which means I have to go now cuz it will stop at any time.

Will update again soon. We are ok until the 27th but after that...I don,t know. Lets all hope I can get some out of gofund so I can pay until the 30th and that my van makes it to marysville on that day!!

Go into your dashboard of go fund me and click on withdrawals.

Let me know if you have trouble drawing from the account. Worse case scenario I can send you some money through Wal-Mart. Message me if need be. Be well!

Hi again! I finally got thru top go fund me and they replied very kindly. Money will be put into my account before the 19th she assured me. Then a week later, more. I feel much better now, cuz they were very helpful.
Meanwhile, I tried to get to the store and the car won't start. Sigh. Its either the starter or the ignition. We have an appointment to try to get it to a guys shop a few blocks away on Monday. He is being very helpful too, thankfully.
Geico refused to give us any funds for the car. Got the call today and they said sorry....its just too old. They will give us 500 bucks if we junk it but I refuse to do that. Goldy (my vans name) got us to safety, she runs well although is now all burnt, but I ain't getting rid of her. Nope. I need a car and she will get us to Marysville.

And, seems like the apartment there IS ours. We just can't get in until the 1st of December. So the funs y'all donated will help us with a motel roof until we get there. Once there, comes the chore of getting beds, paying rent and deposit, turning on utilities and stuff since we are truly starting from scratch all over again but worse this time since all we escaped with was the clothes we had on and what little we could grab.

And...the internet is slowing down again here at the motel so I am going to log off again until it builds back up. Thank you all again so much for your help from when this first happened and whatever you can afford continuing on. Once we get with a roof permanently over our head in Marysville...there will be no further assistance needed. I am grateful for what you already did, too, but if it fizzles....its ok. Y'all were angels to us and we are so appreciative.

Hi again! I finally got thru top go fund me and they replied very kindly. Money will be put into my account before the 19th she assured me. Then a week later, more. I feel much better now, cuz they were very helpful.
Meanwhile, I tried to get to the store and the car won't start. Sigh. Its either the starter or the ignition. We have an appointment to try to get it to a guys shop a few blocks away on Monday. He is being very helpful too, thankfully.
Geico refused to give us any funds for the car. Got the call today and they said sorry....its just too old. They will give us 500 bucks if we junk it but I refuse to do that. Goldy (my vans name) got us to safety, she runs well although is now all burnt, but I ain't getting rid of her. Nope. I need a car and she will get us to Marysville.

And, seems like the apartment there IS ours. We just can't get in until the 1st of December. So the funs y'all donated will help us with a motel roof until we get there. Once there, comes the chore of getting beds and stuff since we are truly starting from scratch all over again but worse this time since all we escaped with was the clothes we had on and what little we could grab.

And...the internet is slowing down again here at the motel so I am going to log off again until it builds back up. Thank you all again so much for your help!!!

Its okay Gracie, we are friends til the end. There is time.

And, seems like the apartment there IS ours. We just can't get in until the 1st of December. So the funs y'all donated will help us with a motel roof until we get there. Once there, comes the chore of getting beds, paying rent and deposit, turning on utilities and stuff since we are truly starting from scratch all over again but worse this time since all we escaped with was the clothes we had on and what little we could grab.

And...the internet is slowing down again here at the motel so I am going to log off again until it builds back up. Thank you all again so much for your help from when this first happened and whatever you can afford continuing on. Once we get with a roof permanently over our head in Marysville...there will be no further assistance needed. I am grateful for what you already did, too, but if it fizzles....its ok. Y'all were angels to us and we are so appreciative.

:smiliehug:

And, seems like the apartment there IS ours. We just can't get in until the 1st of December. So the funs y'all donated will help us with a motel roof until we get there. Once there, comes the chore of getting beds and stuff since we are truly starting from scratch all over again but worse this time since all we escaped with was the clothes we had on and what little we could grab.

And...the internet is slowing down again here at the motel so I am going to log off again until it builds back up. Thank you all again so much for your help!!!

Gracie......once you get to the apartment, get a PO box if you can...…...there are some that want to donate stuff and can send it that way.

Can or will the insurance just declare it totaled???? And pay you the value of it? Even if only a hundred or two. Actually isn't that what they are supposed to do? Declare it a total if repairs cost more than replace? Unless there is something in Cali law about totaled vehicles on the road????? IDK

Gracie......once you get to the apartment, get a PO box if you can...…...there are some that want to donate stuff and can send it that way.

Can or will the insurance just declare it totaled???? And pay you the value of it? Even if only a hundred or two. Actually isn't that what they are supposed to do? Declare it a total if repairs cost more than replace? Unless there is something in Cali law about totaled vehicles on the road????? IDK

"Gracie......once you get to the apartment, get a PO box if you can...…...there are some that want to donate stuff and can send it that way."

Yes and if aaronleland donates ANYTHING then Gracie and Mr. Gracie you remember to wear gloves you do NOT know where his hands have been :omg:

Gracie, please use discretion making monetary transactions via motel WiFi :eusa_pray:

That said, I've seen pics of your Goldy and I absolutely support your decision. Keep her on the road, she's a gem. Like you.

I sent you a few shekels to make that happen. Should be enough for, uh, a car wash... ;)

:love_ya4:

"Gracie......once you get to the apartment, get a PO box if you can...…...there are some that want to donate stuff and can send it that way."

Yes and if aaronleland donates ANYTHING then Gracie and Mr. Gracie you remember to wear gloves you do NOT know where his hands have been :omg:

Actually we do know, and gloves won't be enough :eek:

I think if they did that they'd have to drop the insurance on it. And that prolly creates headaches getting somebody else to insure it.

Actually we do know, and gloves won't be enough :eek:

bleach does wonders...

Forum List

Back