If You Can Help

What a marvelous world we live in where it's possible to organize efforts like this. :)

49ers Coach Sets Up GoFundMe for Camp Fire Victims

Oakland As Launch GoFundMe for Camp Fire Relief

On the other hand --- GoFundMe is sending me emails offering to bump up my donation if I'll "share" it on Fecesbook.

They're actually pimping for Facebook by holding donations hostage. :wtf:

That strikes me as disgusting and I told them so. I suggested they put their money where their pimpage is and stop using honest people's donations as a pimping tool.

What a marvelous world we live in where it's possible to organize efforts like this. :)

On the other hand --- GoFundMe is sending me emails offering to bump up my donation if I'll "share" it on Fecesbook.

That strikes me as disgusting and I told them so. I suggested they put their money where their pimpage is and stop using honest people's donations as a pimping tool.

I don't think they are holding back your donation.....just saying they'll increase it :dunno:

but I will agree GFM isn't what it's cracked up to be...…….I had always thought 100% of donations were passed to the recipient, but come to find out they do withhold a small percentage (3%) for their operating costs which I though rather cheesy since many of the requests are much needed. Though I don't think they are doing that with Gracie's fund and certain other funds.

I don't think they are holding back your donation.....just saying they'll increase it :dunno:

but I will agree GFM isn't what it's cracked up to be...…….I had always thought 100% of donations were passed to the recipient, but come to find out they do withhold a small percentage (3%) for their operating costs which I though rather cheesy since many of the requests are much needed. Though I don't think they are doing that with Gracie's fund and certain other funds.

Did they hold back from you?? They added it to my donation. But, I do understand they should have a way to keep afloat.

Did they hold back from you?? They added it to my donation. But, I do understand they should have a way to keep afloat.

Not in donating to Gracie...….just asked for the tip.

And I don't think people that donate see or know that they do this.....I think it comes out on the other side. But as I said, I don't think they are doing that with Gracie's fund and maybe not with other disaster relief funds.

I just know they do it from a different GFM a few years ago with a more personal type tragedy, where they take a percentage from the funds. Which I don't agree with.

Yes they may need operational funds, but I like how with Gracie's account you have an option to pay a tip.

You could ask Gracie if they deducted from her side of it, when she withdraws, and please let us know if they do

Hi again!New update: The church ladyies visited us and gave us two gasoline cards valued at 100.00, and one gift card to use anywhere valued at 50 dollars. No rent money though for the motel, but we are thankful for what they gave us. Our car insurer came by too because my car is burned on the hood, side, front and rear fenders and roof. The headlight covers are burned too so I cant drive at night. They want me to trash it but it still runs and i plan to keep it Still, they said its too old and they could only give us 500 and I said no...I need a car, even a burned one. So, they are working om the claim and we might get enough to at least replace the lenses covering ther headlights.

The lady we escaped with has a sister in sacramento, who told her that the tenants in the duplex she owns in Marysville gave notice, so tentatively, we MIGHT have an apartment to go to on the 30th. Our housemate and us will split the rent, which will be 800. MrG will have one room, she will have the other and I will sleep on the couch. I hope this comes to pass because it beats scrambling to find money for a noisy motel and it will be more comfortable for us with even a kitchen to cook in!

I have not drawn any money out of the go fundme because 1) I dont know how, and 2) the wifi here is so bad, I cant stay online long enough to figute it out. Which means I have to go now cuz it will stop at any time.

Will update again soon. We are ok until the 27th but after that...I don,t know. Lets all hope I can get some out of gofund so I can pay until the 30th and that my van makes it to marysville on that day!!

Thanks, guys. I cant express how grateful we are.

If you continue to have a problem contact gofundme directly. They have a support area get someone to walk you through it. How much rent can you and Mr G afford living on your low income? The over 55 plus apartments are reduced but still seem to run $800-$1000 a month, California is so dang expensive. I hope you can get settled somewhere and find a used car to replace the van. Good Luck.

My boyfriend said it's like Hell there really awful and they keep looking for more and more dead bodies. I think a lot of people there are in shock and haven't processed it fully what has happened but it sounds like you are handling it as best you can. Anyway, I hope the Sacramento roommate thing works out for you. Everyone at USMB is like an extended family to you. We are glad we could help. Keep us posted.

Good Luck!

And I don't think people that donate see or know that they do this.....I think it comes out on the other side. But as I said, I don't think they are doing that with Gracie's fund and maybe not with other disaster relief funds.

I just know they do it from a different GFM a few years ago with a more personal type tragedy, where they take a percentage from the funds. Which I don't agree with.

Yes they may need operational funds, but I like how with Gracie's account you have an option to pay a tip.

You could ask Gracie if they deducted from her side of it, when she withdraws, and please let us know if they do

Hopefully she will answer here. But, I did notice the % being added to mine.

Even after giving the tip?????

I am just grateful that people helped in spite of it.

I just checked my bank account and only shows my donation + tip.....if they do take a percentage it would be on Gracie's end...….and if they do, I'd be pissed for them taking from both sides.

I just checked my bank account and only shows my donation + tip.....if they do take a percentage it would be on Gracie's end...….and if they do, I'd be pissed for them taking from both sides.

I get what you mean. It sucks if they do that. I figure the tip covers everything and they don't take more. But regardless it's like Hell there in Butte County. I am sure whatever she gets she's thrilled by the generosity. My boyfriend said the air is just smokey and gross it feels like your eyes are burning and it's hard to breathe. They keep finding more dead bodies in cars.]

To realize so many people at USMB who Also are going through tough times personally, some are struggling with a family crisis, sickness and debt themselves and they donated because they care. What a GIFT! To be cared about when she felt so alone the last time she was homeless. It's amazing really to witness loving kindness at that level from people. WOW!

Hi again!New update: The church ladyies visited us and gave us two gasoline cards valued at 100.00, and one gift card to use anywhere valued at 50 dollars. No rent money though for the motel, but we are thankful for what they gave us. Our car insurer came by too because my car is burned on the hood, side, front and rear fenders and roof. The headlight covers are burned too so I cant drive at night. They want me to trash it but it still runs and i plan to keep it Still, they said its too old and they could only give us 500 and I said no...I need a car, even a burned one. So, they are working om the claim and we might get enough to at least replace the lenses covering ther headlights.

The lady we escaped with has a sister in sacramento, who told her that the tenants in the duplex she owns in Marysville gave notice, so tentatively, we MIGHT have an apartment to go to on the 30th. Our housemate and us will split the rent, which will be 800. MrG will have one room, she will have the other and I will sleep on the couch. I hope this comes to pass because it beats scrambling to find money for a noisy motel and it will be more comfortable for us with even a kitchen to cook in!

I have not drawn any money out of the go fundme because 1) I dont know how, and 2) the wifi here is so bad, I cant stay online long enough to figute it out. Which means I have to go now cuz it will stop at any time.

Will update again soon. We are ok until the 27th but after that...I don,t know. Lets all hope I can get some out of gofund so I can pay until the 30th and that my van makes it to marysville on that day!!

Thanks, guys. I cant express how grateful we are.

If you continue to have a problem contact gofundme directly. They have a support area get someone to walk you through it. How much rent can you and Mr G afford living on your low income? The over 55 plus apartments are reduced but still seem to run $800-$1000 a month, California is so dang expensive. I hope you can get settled somewhere and find a used car to replace the van. Good Luck.

My boyfriend said it's like Hell there really awful and they keep looking for more and more dead bodies. I think a lot of people there are in shock and haven't processed it fully what has happened but it sounds like you are handling it as best you can. Anyway, I hope the Sacramento roommate thing works out for you. Everyone at USMB is like an extended family to you. We are glad we could help. Keep us posted.

Good Luck!

"Everyone at USMB is like an extended family to you."

72735708.jpg

NO NO Just the one time fee with the donation. That is it.

NO NO Just the one time fee with the donation. That is it.

I am glad to hear that.

They're not holding anything back (far as I know) -- they're just carrot-and-sticking that they'll kick in more PROVIDED I debase myself to go join the site of their worthless partner. In other words "hey if you want to help your friend this much more, here's what it will cost you". I mean this smacks of racketeering.

They're not holding anything back (far as I know) -- they're just carrot-and-sticking that they'll kick in more PROVIDED I debase myself to go join the site of their worthless partner. In other words "hey if you want to help your friend this much more, here's what it will cost you". I mean this smacks of racketeering.

"I mean this smacks of racketeering."

Solution = round them all up and airdrop them into Gitmo :Boom2:

Get the tanks :tank::tank::tank::tank::tank::tank::tank::tank::tank::tank:

Angry Baby also getting involved:

upload_2018-11-15_14-46-7.png

This site explains how go fund me works.
How does GoFundMe actually work?

When it comes to personal campaigns, GoFundMe has the lowest fees in the industry. The platform doesn’t take anything from individual campaigns, instead charging a 2.9 percent payment processing fee and $0.30 per donation. Charitable campaigns are a different matter. Registered non-profits that use the GoFundMe platform are charged 7.9 percent plus $0.30 fee for each donation. The tradeoff is donors get a receipt that makes their contribution tax deductible.

"I mean this smacks of racketeering."

Solution = round them all up and airdrop them into Gitmo :Boom2:

Get the tanks :tank::tank::tank::tank::tank::tank::tank::tank::tank::tank:

Angry Baby also getting involved:

View attachment 228867

And this ^^ is why I love Oosie. :smiliehug:

That kid looks like the one who writes to Santa Claus and says "it would be most unfortunate if you were to wake up one day with the heads of eight tiny reindeer next to your pillow...."

When it comes to personal campaigns, GoFundMe has the lowest fees in the industry. The platform doesn’t take anything from individual campaigns, instead charging a 2.9 percent payment processing fee and $0.30 per donation. Charitable campaigns are a different matter. Registered non-profits that use the GoFundMe platform are charged 7.9 percent plus $0.30 fee for each donation. The tradeoff is donors get a receipt that makes their contribution tax deductible.

I never knew there were other funding sites. :dunno:

Thing is, them taking that 2.9% + .30 per donation fee can add up. True that any funds raised are much appreciated and the fees charged may not seem like much...… but those that are in desperate situations need every penny donated, so it does seem a bit deceptive, just because the donors aren't made aware that the recipient won't receive 100% of their donation.

I never knew there were other funding sites. :dunno:

Thing is, them taking that 2.9% + .30 per donation fee can add up. True that any funds raised are much appreciated and the fees charged may not seem like much...… but those that are in desperate situations need every penny donated, so it does seem a bit deceptive, just because the donors aren't made aware that the recipient won't receive 100% of their donation.

They are not taking from the funds.
The donors pay that extra in order to maintain the site.

Forum List

Back