If you are worried about food shortages, buy 80 lbs dry beans, 80 rice, boxes of dried milk, multi-vitamins, dried eggs

My preps include............... home canned lemon curd. Costco's Organic Dried Montmorency Cherries taste like the best cherry pie! If my pear trees bear well, I'll have eight or ten dozen quarts of pears. This week's canning project -- split pea soup.

How many ignorant lefties have ever gotten a clue about how to provide for themselves?

They are already in plastic bags but I am further wrapping them tightly in plastic trash bags and duct tape. My reasoning is the more airtight, the better.

That is not really air tight enough. We tried that but the air was till there.

We use Mylar bags, a heat sealer and oxygen absorbers. Spent maybe 50 bucks on it all the equipment. Once we seal the bags with the oxygen absorbers inside you can see the bags get tight over time as all the extra air is absorbed. We have bean, rice, pasta, flour in the basement in mylar bags inside of 5 gallon buckets with the lids on.

I probably have enough food stashed away for at least 6 mos or longer. Stored in 3 cabinets ,a book shelf and 3 air tight rubbermaid tubs in my pantry. Mostly bought over a period of time…not all bought recently. I’ve been working on using it up,but I may just add to it every time I go shopping now. Haven’t decided.

I probably have enough food stashed away for at least 6 mos or longer. Stored in 3 cabinets ,a book shelf and 3 air tight rubbermaid tubs in my pantry. Mostly bought over a period of time…not all bought recently. I’ve been working on using it up,but I may just add to it every time I go shopping now. Haven’t decided.
It becomes so easy if you buy one or two extra items for storage every time you shop. Glad to know you will survive longer than the leftist ostriches.

Food shortages have always been a problem for the poor. Trump made is worse for them. He just was not in office long enough to wreak maximum havoc on the rest of us. The current shortages creeping into the middle class are doe to Covid, Drought (Climate Change) and the war, all od which Trump would only make worse

No..the ghetto rats did that.
They constantly cry about food deserts in the ghetto. Who the hell would spend good money to put a grocery store in the ghetto knowing full well it's gonna get robbed on a regular basis not to mention all the shoplifting.
I sure as hell wouldnt.

It becomes so easy if you buy one or two extra items for storage every time you shop. Glad to know you will survive longer than the leftist ostriches.

As long as you store it correctly. Most things people think are air tight are not, and everything you buy that is dry has air in the packaging. Have to get that air out or it goes back much quicker.

Per person. If you don't know whats going on or think its a conspiracy just skip this. It is easy and cheap to buy food for a year. You need about 2,000 calories a day. You need vitamins because there is no fresh produce. That Nido powdered kid milk beverage is great, it is fortified with vitamins and minerals, and it is fairly cheap because it is what poor welfare mothers buy. 80 lbs beans, likewise rice, will give you a fairly balanced protein, and it keeps provided you keep it cool and dry, and well packaged. Wrap bags tight in trash bags and duct tape it will keep forever. You'll be augmenting your diet with whatever you can get your grubby little hands on. Fish heads. You are about to learn how most people in the rest of the world live.

Learn to grow potatoes. The most calorie-efficient, easy to grow garden solution. You can plant potatoes on highway medians and no one will even know they are there. Entire communities should be doing it.

There are lots of things to prep for when all stores are closed and have nothing on the shelves anyway. Critical spices like turmeric (immune system), soap, toothpaste, cooking oil. But the above items will provide a solid foundation for survival. Water is another story. Get a Big Berkey water filter if you can afford it. It is simply the best, all preppers agree.

Don't put off. The globalists mean business. You have seen that over the past two years. Once you are out of food, you are at their mercy. You will line up for the "quarantine" centers or take the free food deliveries, provided you are "vaxxed" of course, which is just another way of killing you when they feel like it.

Once they can't touch much of the population because they are holed up with plenty of food, they will have to give up, because the monetary system will collapse of its own weight. They are in a race against time to kill billions of us and have the rest of us chipped like cattle, so we are no threat. Then we will rise up, and they will go to jail. But they are counting on us to be stupid and have the typical average of two weeks worth of food in the pantry, before we run outside begging them to take us away or just put us down, whichever.

The rest you can figure out, as there is a plethora of outstanding prepper websites with vast knowledge which people generously offer for free. Here is a defunct prepper website which covers basics quite well.

All this could be like, under $200. That is very little money for a lot of peace of mind. You never want to hear your kids crying of hunger. Your diet might be kind of bland for awhile, but the good days will return.

We just got our Berkey a few days ago looking forward to trying it out.
We also got two extra filters.
Watched a YTube video where a guy went down to a creek near his house with a five gallon bucket and brought it home and ran it through the Berkey.
He had one glass with straight creek water and another with the Berkey filtered water.
Night and day difference in the color. He had a glass of the filtered and said it tasted great.
We didnt get the fluoride filter ...yet. Were going to filter it and send it to a water testing facility and see where were at.
We have around 9 months of food and we're going to continue to add to it until we reach at least a years worth.
Also have 30 5 gallon jugs of Ozarka spring water and were going to add another 10 of them. At two gallons of water a day it's not going to go very far.
We can also pull water from the pool for washing and flushing the toilets and if need be run it through the Berkey and drink it. Since it's a saltwater pool there isnt a bunch of chemicals in it and it has less than a teaspoon of salt per gallon.
And of course a shitload of ammo.
A couple dozen 100 hour candles and standard candles.
We already have 4 propane canisters and we're going to add 6 more. If all you do is run a single burner stove on it that last a good five years if not longer.
Our latest purchase is a med kit. It's pretty well loaded but if it's missing anything we'll add to it.
923FB194-A4EA-49BF-8085-90D3CE73729F.jpeg

8E3498F3-9E62-4236-81E6-7F570D597E7E.jpeg

F1C170AC-A9E4-42A3-9890-33D50A9EC214.jpeg

A03CCDCE-1161-4DC6-B26B-F58183F17F7B.jpeg

887F9446-80F8-4FB7-9225-34A8514B85EC.jpeg

As long as you store it correctly. Most things people think are air tight are not, and everything you buy that is dry has air in the packaging. Have to get that air out or it goes back much quicker.

It also helps to add oxygen absorbers to your sealed items.
We picked up fifty of em for our buckets. Cant remember the name of these buckets but they're made to store food in em.

I keep enough food around for a month or so along with camp stoves, fuel and bottled water. Hurricane supplies. After Micheal that stuff came in handy. It took 27 days to get power back. By that time I was so sick of eating dry goods and canned food it about made me sick to smell it cooking. Not sure why people would want to survive a total civilization collapse. I can tell you that living in a town where nothing worked and everything was wrecked sucked worse than just about anything I ever had to endure.

They are already in plastic bags but I am further wrapping them tightly in plastic trash bags and duct tape. My reasoning is the more airtight, the better.
you're inviting mold. five gallon buckets with lids are way better and last longer.

It’s kind of something Ive always done being raised by grandparents of the depression. I’ve just been better at replenishing my stash over the last 2/3 years. ;)

Forum List

Back