ROAD TRIP!!!!

Ridgerunner

'Ole Wise One'
Apr 20, 2016
Honolulu, Hawaii
How many of us can say we haven't been on a classic old fashion ROAD TRIP!!!!? Some of my best memories come from cruising down the asphalt getting white line fever. I just happen to see this link to what someone thinks are some great songs to travel by. Peruse this list and see if you can add some of your favorites...

Songs to fuel your road trip

Just a note of fact... I started road trippin when gas was less than .50 cents a gal.

Doobie Brothers Rockin' Down the Highway always does it for me.

So does Travelin' Man by the Allman Brothers.

And you're right.................no road trip is complete until you've played Radar Love at least once.

No road trip is complete without Highway Star by Deep Purple...at 10.

Takes me back to my youth every time.

PS...I remember .18/gallon gas.

I have seen .18/gallon gas also... Goof ole fashion gas war. I remember putting in .20 cents worth of gas in a 62 Impala to get home...

And you are so right about Highway Star. Machine Head

This song is one of those that by the end you look down and see you're going 110

Doobie Brothers Rockin' Down the Highway always does it for me.

So does Travelin' Man by the Allman Brothers.

And you're right.................no road trip is complete until you've played Radar Love at least once.

Something like born in the back of a Greyhound Bus on US 41 in Georgia.

An Elvis would be nice CD to listen to once in a while when on the road but only if it has Burning Love.

You know, in a lot of my road trip music, I like a snappy beat that makes you wanna move on down the road................but I also like music that has good lyrics that make you think..........................

Been on many a long road trip back in the day, and having an 8-track full of good tunes was always a plus. Nowadays, I more listen to the purr of the 2.5 litre Porsche as I roll through the night. (resonator with blown out muffler can)
But if I have music on, These always have to be in the mix:

(I remember 25¢ gas, but the cheapest I ever got it for was 49¢)

Forum List

Back