If we tax the millionaires

naturegirl

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2011
NW Georgia
Do you think those extra dollars will be used to pay down the debt or will DC find a way to just spend it??

I don't think this administration has any desire to pay down the debt, they just want more to spend. On vacations, parties, paying off they're supporters with tax payer dollars, golfing, traveling the world, and don't forget supporting Union cronies. :eusa_whistle:

Do you think those extra dollars will be used to pay down the debt or will DC find a way to just spend it??

I don't think this administration has any desire to pay down the debt, they just want more to spend. On vacations, parties, paying off they're supporters with tax payer dollars, golfing, traveling the world, and don't forget supporting Union cronies. :eusa_whistle:

Democrats have no intention of ever paying down the debt or deficit.

They were offering the Reps 3-4 $ in cuts for every $ in taxes. Think you should pay attention to the news. You won't look so foolish in the future. :cool:

To a large extend the problems we face now as a result of a growing national debt can be laid at the feet of Bush II's tax cuts coupled with two unfunded wars.

Remember that we were paying down the natuinal dubt under Clinton during those better times?

That being said, I do NOT support tax increases at this time, given the deflational recession we're in.

They were offering the Reps 3-4 $ in cuts for every $ in taxes. Think you should pay attention to the news. You won't look so foolish in the future. :cool:

Oh yes give me dollars now and I promise I will cut the increases in 2018

WELL ISNT THAT FUCKING IMPRESSIVE.

What crap!!! Are we conveniently forgetting Clinton's balanced budget?!?! :cool:

A curious statement, in view of the fact that, since 1980, it's Republicans who have done the most to run up the deficit in peacetime and prosperity.

Personally, I suspect that's by design. Deficit spending allows the rich to LEND the government money (at interest) instead of merely having it taken in taxes, and this amounts to a transfer of wealth from the middle class to the wealthy, which is what the GOP is all about.

Yes they are.

they will just lie to hang onto their irrational hate Konrad

What crap!!! Are we conveniently forgetting Clinton's balanced budget?!?! :cool:

:lmao: Clinton had nothing to do with it and the national debt increased.

YOU SUCK AT THIS.

do you know who balanced that budget for Clinton.????? :eusa_shhh:

Oh crap, you must really be talking about the Republican controlled congress (house and senate) balanced budget that Bill Clinton signed??

The supporters of this Campaigner-in-Chief really don't understand who controls the purse strings, but then again, he doesn't want you to. Confusion and untruths make for a great speech, and you continue to believe the lies. :lol:

Whether Clinton technically ran a deficit or a surplus, there is no question that he came a lot closer to balancing the budget than Reagan, Bush, or Bush.

Interestingly, I recently read an analysis of tax rates and revenue trying to pinpoint the REAL Laffer point (as opposed to the obvious propaganda device of always claiming it's below where the top marginal rate is at the moment), that set it at 77%. What that means is that Kennedy's tax cut, which dropped the top rate from 91% to 77%, probably did increase revenue, but no tax cut since then has done so.

Which party controls Congress has some bearing on the question, obviously, but not as much as which party controls the White House. The White House sets the budget agenda, and Congress modifies that around a compromise among its members. No Republican president since Eisenhower has ever submitted a balanced budget proposal to Congress for approval, and no Republican president since Ford has submitted a budget without yawning deficits included.

Since Reagan, the purpose of the Republican party has been to concentrate as much of the nation's wealth as possible into as few hands as possible. It has long since ceased to have anything to do with fiscal responsibility. The Democrats are much closer today to being the party of fiscal responsibility. They're better on this than they were in the '70s, and even in the '70s they were better than the Republicans are now.

Oh yes give me dollars now and I promise I will cut the increases in 2018

WELL ISNT THAT FUCKING IMPRESSIVE.

The Dimocrats call it their P.T. Barnum approach.

Clinton had us on the right track and your hero immediately switched everything so he could run huge deficits.

Do you on the right ever get tired of lying?

Oh crap, you must really be talking about the Republican controlled congress (house and senate) balanced budget that Bill Clinton signed??

The supporters of this Campaigner-in-Chief really don't understand who controls the purse strings, but then again, he doesn't want you to. Confusion and untruths make for a great speech, and you continue to believe the lies. :lol:

51 CARDS short of a deck.

I truly believe the Washington crowd just wants more $ to spend on their pet/pork projects, their campaign supporters and their own pockets.

Why is it so hard for them to live within their means?? When the going gets tough, they want to take away from the people that need it most. I think Congress needs to take a huge salary cut, they're making a lot of money from insider trading why do they need a salary???

I think we should try and cover the yearly deficits before we try to start paying off the debt.

I truly believe the Washington crowd just wants more $ to spend on their pet/pork projects, their campaign supporters and their own pockets.

Why is it so hard for them to live within their means?? When the going gets tough, they want to take away from the people that need it most. I think Congress needs to take a huge salary cut, they're making a lot of money from insider trading why do they need a salary???

Salary for Representatives:

1 House Speaker makes $223,500 per year
2 Party Leaders make 193,400 per year each = $368,800
432 others make $174,000 per year each = $75,158,000

Eliminating ALL pay for this house of Congress would therefore save less than 1/10 of 1 billion.

Granny says, "Dat's right - dis can't go on ferever, sumpin' gonna give...
:eusa_eh:
US Central Bank Chief: Deficits 'Unsustainable'
February 02, 2012 - The U.S. central bank chief says the government's huge annual budget deficits are "unsustainable" and pose "serious economic consequences" for the country.
Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke told a congressional committee Thursday that lawmakers need to make it a "top priority" to make certain the U.S. debt, now more than $15 trillion and growing daily, is at least stable compared to the national income, if not declining. The country's annual economic output now about equals the debt level. The U.S. currently pays very low interest rates on the money it borrows to help operate its government, even after the financial services firm Standard & Poor's downgraded the country's top-rated AAA credit rating last year. But Bernanke warned that interest rates "can sour quickly" if investors lose confidence in the government's ability to handle its financial policies. That could markedly increase the government's borrowing costs.

The U.S. government said this week it expects to run a $1.1 trillion deficit for the year ending in September, a drop from 2011, but the fourth straight year deficits have totaled more than $1 trillion. President Barack Obama and Congress embarked last year on a deficit-cutting plan, but much of the savings has yet to take effect. Bernanke said that over time the government's increasing debt would inhibit the growth of the country's economy, the world's largest. The U.S. economy has recovered sluggishly from its 2007 to 2009 recession, the country's worst in seven decades. Bernanke called the U.S. economic growth "frustratingly slow," and said the pace has left the economy "vulnerable to shocks."

U.S. employers have been adding more workers to their payrolls, but not fast enough to substantially reduce the unemployment rate. It was 8.5 percent in December and economists are predicting it will remain at that level when the government releases its January figure on Friday. Companies added 200,000 jobs in December, a figure analysts say perhaps fell to 155,000 last month. About 13 million U.S. workers are unemployed. The government said the number of workers making their initial claims for unemployment benefits dropped 12,000 last week to 367,000. The weekly number has fluctuated somewhat recently, but over several months has dropped. Economists say that when it consistently falls below 375,000, it is an indication that more hiring is occurring and the jobless rate is likely to go down.

Source

Forum List

Back