If we keep letting in all these illegal aliens, they will take over and start deporting US!

At some point, even the stupidest liberal Democrat has to admit we have a problem with illegal immigration.
So you are an attorney? Still claiming to have extensive knowledge in this field yet you say crap that is totally emotive and has zero substance.,..

I'm beginning to see more and more jobs for me that require I speak Spanish to get the job. So now, even lawyers are impacted by all this crazy illegal immigration.
If you are a lawyer that chases ambulances for jobs yeah, you better learn more than juan lingo, si?

The prevailing Liberal attitude on illegal crossings is "Oh that's just a trickle, let them all in". To that I say, plug your bathtub let a trickle of water run and go on vacation. Everything should be fine, it's just a trickle.
Bullshit! Liberals do not think that the undocumented should just be allowed in. We think that it is a fact of life that they will get in, even with a wall, and that they should be treated humanely when encountered. WE believe that if they are worthy, they should have a path to legal status and citizenship available. We believe that asylum seekers should be given a chance to make their case and be treated in accordance with the law. Stop misrepresenting what we believe and want/
They have a path to legal status and have chosen to bypass that provision. Screw them, deport their law-breaking asses. Why don't you think they should follow established laws? Why would you give them a pass when so many are following the laws in order to establish legal status and citizenship? What makes these illegal invaders so special that they deserve special treatment?
Because it is just a little more complicated than you xenophobes want to believe or admit. The difference between people like you and me is that we understand that these are human being who actions have been driven by complex social, political and economic forces -often the result of US policies and actions in the countries that they are fleeing. Another difference is that we are not "clutching pearls" over the browning of America and are not frightened by multiculturalism but rather value diversity. As an aside, my brother in law was once one of those "invaders " He is no a citizen, a grand father, a hard worker and a productive and responsible member of the community.

Because diversity is the melting pot.
Except not really.
Ultimately the melting pot replaces diversity, more like a blender.
A difference without distinction fallacy

Blending cultures eradicates the diversity of each culture.

Bullshit! Liberals do not think that the undocumented should just be allowed in. We think that it is a fact of life that they will get in, even with a wall, and that they should be treated humanely when encountered. WE believe that if they are worthy, they should have a path to legal status and citizenship available. We believe that asylum seekers should be given a chance to make their case and be treated in accordance with the law. Stop misrepresenting what we believe and want/
They have a path to legal status and have chosen to bypass that provision. Screw them, deport their law-breaking asses. Why don't you think they should follow established laws? Why would you give them a pass when so many are following the laws in order to establish legal status and citizenship? What makes these illegal invaders so special that they deserve special treatment?
Because it is just a little more complicated than you xenophobes want to believe or admit. The difference between people like you and me is that we understand that these are human being who actions have been driven by complex social, political and economic forces -often the result of US policies and actions in the countries that they are fleeing. Another difference is that we are not "clutching pearls" over the browning of America and are not frightened by multiculturalism but rather value diversity. As an aside, my brother in law was once one of those "invaders " He is no a citizen, a grand father, a hard worker and a productive and responsible member of the community.

Except not really.

No it doesn't many cultures survive quite well and maintain their identity in close proximity to other communities, while providing the opportunity to learn about and not fear one another

Except not really.

No it doesn't many cultures survive quite well and maintain their identity in close proximity to other communities, while providing the opportunity to learn about and not fear one another

Some Liberals point towards Medieval Sicily as a great example of Multiculturalism of Greeks, Italians, Arabs & Jew.

Only problem is they all were assimilated into Italian culture.

Except not really.

Some Liberals point towards Medieval Sicily as a great example of Multiculturalism of Greeks, Italians, Arabs & Jew.

I don't have a problem with that. It's called cultural evolution. Yet those other cultures still exist and thrive. It's sort of like the fact that while we can from monkeys, monkeys still exist.

Except not really.

I don't have a problem with that. It's called cultural evolution. Yet those other cultures still exist and thrive. It's sort of like the fact that while we can from monkeys, monkeys still exist.

A.) What cultural evolution? Like the infusion of Spanish & Indios in Mexico?
B.)Then American Jews should assimilate to extinction for cultural evolution, no?
C.) What we actually have is Capitalist cultural replacement, Olive Garden over real Italian, Taco Bell over real Mexican & KFC over real Southern fried chicken.

Then American Jews should assimilate to extinction for cultural evolution, no?
If they so choose, but many don't. In my town we have a vibrant Orthodox Jewish community along side of many other ethnic and religious groups. I would not say that they should assimilate but we need to clarify what assimilate actually means. Apparently you think that it means abandoning their identity, I do not.

What we actually have is Capitalist cultural replacement, Olive Garden over real Italian, Taco Bell over real Mexican & KFC over real Southern fried chicken.
Yup, those chain restaurants are an abomination and an insult to those cultures and I would not be caught dead in one. But they have not rendered the genuine cultures extinct. We also have many authentic Italian and Spanish establishments here - southern not so much in the North East.

Then American Jews should assimilate to extinction for cultural evolution, no?
If they so choose, but many don't. In my town we have a vibrant Orthodox Jewish community along side of many other ethnic and religious groups. I would not say that they should assimilate but we need to clarify what assimilate actually means. Apparently you think that it means abandoning their identity, I do not.

Multiculturalism either causes conflict, I.E prejudices, riots, massacres, war, and genocide.
or
Multiculturalism causes assimilation to extinction.

I don't know what sickos consider either option acceptable.

The prevailing Liberal attitude on illegal crossings is "Oh that's just a trickle, let them all in". To that I say, plug your bathtub let a trickle of water run and go on vacation. Everything should be fine, it's just a trickle.
Then you'll forgive my rather primitive reaction to their invasion of my home. Invaders should be shot, survivors shot again.
And if you've been paying attention, I work with a large multi-cultural, multi-racial community that includes many LEGAL immigrants and green-card holders. Brown people don't frighten me as much as decent, law-abiding people protecting themselves seem to scare you.

And what's St Trumpy and the republicans in congress doing about the problem?

Not a thing!

At least the billionaires got their tax cut though.
President Trump is definitely trying to do something about this foreign invasion. Congress, both sides, are sitting on their asses. The Dems are totally obsessed and immersed in their TDS and the GOP is peopled with RINOs and cowards to afraid to stand on their hind legs and LEAD this country. So right now, Americans basically have only one guy on their side and a whole bunch of parasites sucking down paychecks funded by our tax dollars.

Except not really.

You assume that the cultures will "blend". Not recently, they haven't. They celebrate their diversity at the cost of others, specifically, Caucasians. It's OK, though. To hate white people is all the fad and is never called what it is, racism.

Forum List

Back