If we banned all guns

nice rant. but who wants to ban all guns? i just don't want them in the hands of criminals and crazies.... like most normal people.
I'm okay with banning nearly all of them, and if you have one and aren't in uniform, we shoot you dead no questions asked. Problem solved.

Until the news media started reporting on the innocent civilians killed. Then whatever administration would have a PR nightmare. They would never get reelected. That trumps any other issue.
This is well beyond that time. You have nothing to worry about, for now.

nice rant. but who wants to ban all guns? i just don't want them in the hands of criminals and crazies.... like most normal people.
I'm okay with banning nearly all of them, and if you have one and aren't in uniform, we shoot you dead no questions asked. Problem solved.

Until the news media started reporting on the innocent civilians killed. Then whatever administration would have a PR nightmare. They would never get reelected. That trumps any other issue.

The liberals wouldn't care much about some gun owner's family. They'd wet themselves at the thought of government blowing up all the constitution-loving people out there. Most of the media wouldn't report it and when some did, they'd be attacked for reporting the truth, just like the way it is now.

What would really be nice would be if people actually focused on the real cause of these mass shootings what does just about every one of these shooters have in common? A history of mental illness instead of concerning ourselves so much with who owns what type of gun maybe we should try to figure out some way to get these people committed and get them help before they go on a killing spree instead of after.

The cause of the mass shootings is the easy availability of guns in this country.

The mass shootings that get so much attention make up about 1% of the gun related murders each year. If you look at the mental history of most of the mass shooters, there are already laws in place to stop them from buying guns. But the mental health system does not submit the names of dangerous, delusional people.

OH, joy another Gun Nut thread where they fantasize about all the people they want to shoot.

I think it turned into a leftist's dream about how many gun owners and their families they can blow up. They drool at the very thought of reducing the population by getting rid of political dissenters.

Another Virginia Tech will happen. Another Sandy Hook will happen. Another Aurora will happen. Another Columbine will happen. Another Chardon will happen. Another Santa Barbara will happen. Another Tucson will happen. Another Washington Navy Yard will happen. Another Hamilton Ohio will happen. Another Binghamton New York will happen. Another Oak Creek Wisconsin will happen. Another Compton California, another Centerville Tennessee, another Iowa City Iowa, Olivehurst California, another Grayson Kentucky will happen.

And we are supposed to accept these tragedies as the price of unlimited gun rights. No matter the FACT that these tragedies changed from 'shootings' to 'mass shootings' all because the assailant was armed with a weapon designed to fire rapidly and with a mind bending amount of ammunition. That's the price of willful ignorance of the need to do something to slow the pace of death down just a bit.

Get used to it! We have 'rights' to protect!

Abortion. Get used to it! We have 'rights' to protect !

Oh that's right, I remember now. This is your "In 100 years" fantasy. You reverted to this in a thread about guns once before. Its where you go when you have no argument.

I understand now.

Oh that's right, I remember now. This is your "In 100 years" fantasy. You reverted to this in a thread about guns once before. Its where you go when you have no argument.

I understand now.
Well there's not much to argue now. America the Wild West of weapons.

Do people have freedom in those countries to thelevel we do here? No. They dont. That is tyranny. I guess by redefining tyranny enough you could claim the Soviet Union was a free place.

If you perceive people's dick size because of their political views you have a big problem.

Yes, they do. In fact i would say they are more free than you. a lot more...

Mixing up political views with views on guns are two different things...

Do people have freedom in those countries to thelevel we do here? No. They dont. That is tyranny. I guess by redefining tyranny enough you could claim the Soviet Union was a free place.

If you perceive people's dick size because of their political views you have a big problem.

Yes, they do. In fact i would say they are more free than you. a lot more...

Mixing up political views with views on guns are two different things...

Hmm, unsubtantiated. Totally. Do they enjoy 1A protections? No. Is there criminalized hate speech? Yes. Are there gov't issued identity documents to be produced? Probably.
Yup, throwing allegations without any basis. That's you to a Tee.

OK. let's say the Diane Feinsteins of the world got their wish and the US imposed a total ban on guns

Straw-man-argument.jpg

b0ae1cb2f929fb66ac804473a051441545532d5bb7a062000135bc648aa47e80.jpg

Hmm, unsubtantiated. Totally. Do they enjoy 1A protections? No. Is there criminalized hate speech? Yes. Are there gov't issued identity documents to be produced? Probably.

Do you enjoy first amendment rights? Try wearing a "I Hate Bush" t-shirt to a rally where he is making a speech. You have govt issued identity docs - they're called social security numbers, passports and drivers licenses.

Do you enjoy first amendment rights? Try wearing a "I Hate Bush" t-shirt to a rally where he is making a speech. You have govt issued identity docs - they're called social security numbers, passports and drivers licenses.

You're kidding, right? That's the best you can do?
I dont have to produce those documents just because some goon asks for them, unlike Europe.

Sorry, I thought this was a serious conversation. You jsut blew it.

Forum List

Back