If we are going to have public schooling, especially compelled public schooling, we must take care of the human needs of children.

I'm referring to any child forced to attend public school.

I get your objection to foreigners attending our public school. I wish that Trump had kept his promise to build the Wall, so they could not stream over our border. Illegal immigration greatly harms the U.S., especially our public education system.

But I have to take issue with the term "uninvited."

While the border is supposedly "closed," it has long been the unofficial policy of the U.S., across multiple administrations and congresses dominated by each party in turn, to allow and invite illegal immigration. If that were not so, illegal immigration would not be so prevalent. That policy has often been made official, as with the various amnesties and moratoriums on enforcement.

If we want to say that children of illegals don't have to go to school, or are not allowed to go to school, since they can just be landscapers, maids, and construction workers like their parents, fine. They will be better off as maids in the U.S. than as farm-workers in Latin-America. If that is the policy, that is the policy, and public school need not worry about them.

But as long as we send the children whose parent we invited to violate our border to public schools, it is foolish and wasteful not to make sure that they are ready to learn.
No one is forced to attend public school. Stop with the falsehoods.

I never advise students to report bullying, even though that is the official position of my district, and likely every district. I just avoid the issue. I cannot in good conscience tell a student who is bullied to do something that will likely worsen his or her situation.

I would like to say that this is because nowadays schools cannot discipline kids, so bullies get away with it. But the truth is that bullying was just as prevalent when I was a kid, and likely was always a factor since the first cave kids gathered around the village elder to learn how to skin a wooly mammoth. Reporting a bully leads to more bullying.

Bullies are gonna bully, and if the victim tells on the bully, the response will be more bullying, often by more bullies. There is only one way for a kid, especially a kid small for his age, to stop a bully. It works like a charm, but I am constrained not to advise it.
Second best way to handle a bully is putting him in the hospital.

You just used the term Montessori school in exactly the way I am using it. What's the problem?

You also used the same term in your post #183.

If the Montessori curriculum was taught in an open field it would still be called a school.

I also question whether Montessori is actually a 'curriculum' at all. It seems more like Sesame Street or Disney Land. Removing the rigor from education is a recipe for failure, and by all accounts it has been very successful.

How about because you are a class A moron on this topic. Why don't you just go away?

That's always been said about every generation. How are you with creating web sites?
There are studies that indicate this.

Not too bad. I created one years ago to market a bow sight that I developed. I'd put it up for you but it got deleted accidently. With a wizard I could probably come up with a good one in short order.

I'm like Eli Whitney who said, "I don't invent things that I can't sell", or words to that effect. I don't 'learn' things until I need that particular knowledge. I'm pretty busy using the knowledge that I already have.

Last edited:
Taking it like a coward! What did you think?
Very helpful.

Until they get punched in the face.
Exactly.

When I was in middle school I made it my business to beat down anyone bullying smaller kids. By the time I got to high school I never had to again.
That's the secret. Let it be known that you are not to be messed with before the bullies become 'roided up football players.

Unfortunately, I am not allowed to give that obvious advice. That's where parents come in.

I remember when the Right insisted that people should not have children if they can't afford them. If you can't afford to send your children to the private school of your choice or homeschool, you have limited yourself.....no one else is to blame.
Not having children that you cannot afford seems like common sense. You say you on the left are opposed to that idea?

If you are backtracking on your claim that poor parents can send their kids to the private school of their choice, that is wise. If you are admitting to the backtracking, that is both wise and honest.

Yes, I get that.

News flash: parents are not doing it in many cases.

If public schools are not an equalizer of that kind of disadvantage, what it the point of it? Let all schools be private, and voluntary to send your kids there. Then the kids with the best parents will get the best education, which is what you are advocating.
Schools job is to educate children. Not feed them, socialize them or babysit them. The more government does for people, the less they are capable of doing for themselves.

Schools job is to educate children. Not feed them, socialize them or babysit them. The more government does for people, the less they are capable of doing for themselves.
Sadly, because of the failed education that victimized their parents the schools are often tasked with providing these services to their kids. Schools have largely failed their mandate to "prepare their students to become productive members of society".

Include this;

9 Pieces of Practical Advice About Bullying​

A teacher, psychologist, crisis-line supervisor, and others share their suggestions for what you can do.​

Fairness Is for Fairies

In other words, don't fight back. Then you will grow up to be a pushover for the totalitarians.

If you want to be free, fight the bullies by ganging up on them, by using pepper spray, kicking them with steel-toed shoes, etc. In every way, go the opposite of the advice lisped by this Groomer blog.

But misfits deserve to be bullied and should change the way they are that brings this on.

Forum List

Back