If Waterboarding in not torture.....

On that we disagree. 9/11 changed Bush from a domestic president to a war president. He had no intention of getting involved with the repercussions from the USS Cole, which Clinton ignored. But 9/11 changed it all.

On the other hand, not enough, IMO. He expanded the DOE with No child left behind. A stupid program. He's expanded many a domestic program, while waging a spendthrift war, without end. He is in favor of open borders to our South and curtsies to the North. He's a leader without a compass.

I do have to agree with you on a lot of the domestic issue...especially the borders and immigration..He's been a real disappointment to me on those...
Heck, I'm surprised I haven't had a visit from people, after I emailed Bush and told him I felt he was a traitor for pushing Amnesty and not protecting our borders..:eusa_angel:

But I do agree with him on the war on terror...we couldn't just sit back and do NOTHING...... AGAIN..

You bleeding heart Liberals make me sick. We need to prevent another 9/11 NO MATER WHAT THE COST.

By torturing people you can't prove have any ties to terrorism?

That is not going to stop another 9/11.

The only thing that is going to stop another 9/11 is ceasing unnecessary meddling in other countries affairs. At least if you listen to the experts in the field.

By torturing people you can't prove have any ties to terrorism?

That is not going to stop another 9/11.

The only thing that is going to stop another 9/11 is ceasing unnecessary meddling in other countries affairs. At least if you listen to the experts in the field.

So...you're saying this meddling all started with Jimmy Carter.??
Why did the Iranians take our hostages then and hold them for two yrs..??

So...you're saying this meddling all started with Jimmy Carter.??
Why did the Iranians take our hostages then and hold them for two yrs..??

The meddling has been going on a lot longer than that. Jimmy Carter wasn't alone in meddling in the affairs of other nations when he was President. The meddling has been going on a lot longer than that.

Sorry to hear that..
But when and if you guys suffer something like 9/11..you can let us know if it changes you...:eusa_doh:

It may, but I hope not. My generation (I'm in my late fifties) hasn't known anything like 9/11. My late father lived through the blitz in London in the early part of WWII (he joined as soon as he was old enough) and he told me what it was like. It built up a spirit that I don't think is with us today. I know in the bombings on 7/7 many Londoners refused to get panicked though and the British govt response was far more restrained than the response of the Bush Administration post 9/11.

And just for a reference, the northern part of Australia was bombed many times by the Japanese in WWII, not quite the blitz but deadly enough.

I would hope that if we actually do suffer acts of terrorism that our response is more in line with the Britsh government rather than the Bush Administration.

It may, but I hope not. My generation (I'm in my late fifties) hasn't known anything like 9/11. My late father lived through the blitz in London in the early part of WWII (he joined as soon as he was old enough) and he told me what it was like. It built up a spirit that I don't think is with us today. I know in the bombings on 7/7 many Londoners refused to get panicked though and the British govt response was far more restrained than the response of the Bush Administration post 9/11.

And just for a reference, the northern part of Australia was bombed many times by the Japanese in WWII, not quite the blitz but deadly enough.

I would hope that if we actually do suffer acts of terrorism that our response is more in line with the Britsh government rather than the Bush Administration.

I'll tell you something interesting about 9/11. The people in NYC didn't become angry and hateful after. We didn't run around saying "blow up anyone with an arab name". We were angry, of course, but it doesn't seem to be the same type of mindless rage that I see in some people.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I also think 9/11 needs to be put in its place, like any other event to be mourned.

And I say that as someone who misses those towers and has wonderful memories of having worked in them while I was in school and who gets sad every time I drive past where they used to be or look at the empty sky there.

And in keeping with the subject of the thread. Waterboarding is torture. The U.S. doesn't do that... or didn't used to. End of story, it's abhorrent. If we become no better than the bad guys, or become what they say we are, then what are we fighting for, anyway. They win.

I would hope that if we actually do suffer acts of terrorism that our response is more in line with the British government rather than the Bush Administration.

I suppose one will never know what type of reaction they would have and hope you don't have to find out the way we did...

Until someone has walked that mile in our shoes??
We always hope and pray for peace in the world...But we don't always get what we wish for...

Peace my friend...

There's that goofy imagination of yours again..

I just prefer to live in the REAL WORLD...
I've watched the videos of Nick Berg and Danial Pearl.(have you all)?
And I guess flying airplanes into buildings full of innocent people, isn't considered torture..
I see what is in store for us if we pretend it is not happening...

You all can continue to bury your head in the sand, and I'll continue pushing for Us Americans to defeat the Islamo-fascist...ANY WAY IT TAKES:cool:

Then it appears that you share more in common with those islamo-fascists than you may think. Yes, i've seen the videos and they are sickening... Not as sickening as seeing an American shredding any moral highground from 9/11 in a quest for revenge against muslims but hey, if you can't beat em join em, eh?

no, 9/11 wasn't torture. The length your kind will go to rationalize your version of what you hate about radical muslims isn't surprising but it IS disgusting. Apathy towards human life is just as sick when it comes from you, stephie... you can put down the knife now, 'k hon? Your vicarious hand in muslim death will be satisfied without having to lower the west to the methods of, whats your favorite buzz word again? oh yea.. Trrrrrists...

realistic, my ass. That's what everyone claims when they don't want to see how their behaviour mimics what we are supposedly fighting against.

:thup:

I suppose one will never know what type of reaction they would have and hope you don't have to find out the way we did...

Until someone has walked that mile in our shoes??
We always hope and pray for peace in the world...But we don't always get what we wish for...

Peace my friend...

terrorism wasn't invented on 9/11, stephie. LOTS of people have walked in those shoes. Your pompous self-righteous attitude says alot about your ability to see beyond your own nose.

I'll tell you something interesting about 9/11. The people in NYC didn't become angry and hateful after. We didn't run around saying "blow up anyone with an arab name". We were angry, of course, but it doesn't seem to be the same type of mindless rage that I see in some people.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I also think 9/11 needs to be put in its place, like any other event to be mourned.

And I say that as someone who misses those towers and has wonderful memories of having worked in them while I was in school and who gets sad every time I drive past where they used to be or look at the empty sky there.

And in keeping with the subject of the thread. Waterboarding is torture. The U.S. doesn't do that... or didn't used to. End of story, it's abhorrent. If we become no better than the bad guys, or become what they say we are, then what are we fighting for, anyway. They win.

There was a lot of anger around the world as well. I reckon if the aftermath had been handled better that the groundswell of international support could have been marshalled into the search for bin Laden and his gang and it would have become an irresistible force.

There was a lot of anger around the world as well. I reckon if the aftermath had been handled better that the groundswell of international support could have been marshalled into the search for bin Laden and his gang and it would have become an irresistible force.

I agree. Too bad it was totally botched.

On that we disagree. 9/11 changed Bush from a domestic president to a war president. He had no intention of getting involved with the repercussions from the USS Cole, which Clinton ignored. But 9/11 changed it all.

On the other hand, not enough, IMO. He expanded the DOE with No child left behind. A stupid program. He's expanded many a domestic program, while waging a spendthrift war, without end. He is in favor of open borders to our South and curtsies to the North. He's a leader without a compass.

Excellent!

Yes, 911 was horrible. But someone please tell me why that horrible incident justifies us using the same horrific tactics, such as waterboarding, that the terrorist use. I don't get it?

I honestly never thought that there would be American citizens advocating torture. Waterboarding has always been recognized as torture until now. Ask John McCain, he was a victim and will tell you that it is torture. But alas, many people are listening to two men who never served in the military...except for a couple weekends in the reserves when his dad called in for him.

Gunny, you seem a tad bitter. I hope you will be able to mellow when Hillary becomes President. ;)

You bleeding heart Liberals make me sick. We need to prevent another 9/11 NO MATER WHAT THE COST.

Sure we do. "And all the Islamic extremist say, We need to bring down the US, NOT MATTER WHAT THE COST."

So tell me, Nevada, where does it stop. Does the acceptance of Waterboarding lead us to advocate murdering women and children if it prevents another 9/11 down the road. It seems to me that justifications for any of these methods can be made, when we abandon the moral and ethical principles this country was built on.

Some of the GOP Christian right just crack me up. They preach of peace and love on Sunday and then they advocate "stringing the Islamic scum up" every other day of the week.

WWJD?

hey man.. don't take mailai off the table, dude! You doom us to defeat if we can't drag an old lady, kicking and screaming, through a rice field, rape her and then shoot her in the fucking head! It sends a message that you can't fuck with good ole 'merica! Only TRAITORS don't admit that taking pillaging off the table EMBOLDENS our enemies! Comforting them by letting them know that we are not there to rope their bitches! We must install FEAR in order to fight TERROR!

:eusa_dance:

hey man.. don't take mailai off the table, dude! You doom us to defeat if we can't drag an old lady, kicking and screaming, through a rice field, rape her and then shoot her in the fucking head! It sends a message that you can't fuck with good ole 'merica! Only TRAITORS don't admit that taking pillaging off the table EMBOLDENS our enemies! Comforting them by letting them know that we are not there to rope their bitches! We must install FEAR in order to fight TERROR!

:eusa_dance:

"We must install FEAR in order to fight TERROR!"

Hey' don't knock it. Fear won bush his second term. Do you remember DICK saying we would be attacked again if the Democrats are elected? IT WORKED!

Forum List

Back