If Waterboarding in not torture.....

I sounds to me bush and DICK have allowed the terrorst to win. The sheep that follow these two idiots now are beginning to recognize efforts to kill someone not as torture but as a means to "get information we need."

You sheep remember this when your grandson or grandaughter is captured in battle. Don't whine when you see gallons of water being poured into their nose while plastic covers their mouth. And if one dies, so goes the wages of battle.

Why not just hook them up to 200 volts? According to bush and DICK we have now taken on the rules of combat held by Bin Laden, Saddam, and yes, even Hitler.

BRAVO! BRAVO! OUR FOREFATHERS WOULD BE PROUD!

The hysteria over this subject is amusing...

Go and view the video of Nick Berg getting his head sawed off...I can find it and post it here, if you want..

Then you might change your mind...doubt it...but..:eusa_doh:

nick bergs treatment doesn't validate acting the same way.

I get the feeling that YOU would like to be the one cutting off a muslim head instead of standing in the background.

You are only a step away from coming up with your own final solution for muslims.

nick bergs treatment doesn't validate acting the same way.

I get the feeling that YOU would like to be the one cutting off a Muslim head instead of standing in the background.

You are only a step away from coming up with your own final solution for Muslims.

And you my dear..Have a very vivid and a little nutty imagination...:rolleyes:

im not the one trying to rationalize torture here, Stephie...

I could make you admit that you have a penis wiht enough water half-drowning you... Getting your jollies from seeing a suffering muslim won't maintain the 9/11 moral high ground. Nick Bergs death is an example of what we are trying to reduce in the world.. not an example of what we must become in order to feel vindicated.

im not the one trying to rationalize torture here, Stephie...

I could make you admit that you have a penis wiht enough water half-drowning you... Getting your jollies from seeing a suffering muslim won't maintain the 9/11 moral high ground. Nick Bergs death is an example of what we are trying to reduce in the world.. not an example of what we must become in order to feel vindicated.

There's that goofy imagination of yours again..

I just prefer to live in the REAL WORLD...
I've watched the videos of Nick Berg and Danial Pearl.(have you all)?
And I guess flying airplanes into buildings full of innocent people, isn't considered torture..
I see what is in store for us if we pretend it is not happening...

You all can continue to bury your head in the sand, and I'll continue pushing for Us Americans to defeat the Islamo-fascist...ANY WAY IT TAKES:cool:

There's that goofy imagination of yours again..

I just prefer to live in the REAL WORLD...
I've watched the videos of Nick Berg and Danial Pearl.(have you all)?
And I guess flying airplanes into buildings full of innocent people, isn't considered torture..
I see what is in store for us if we pretend it is not happening...

You all can continue to bury your head in the sand, and I'll continue pushing for Us Americans to defeat the Islamo-fascist...ANY WAY IT TAKES:cool:

Becareful Steph, the Liberal's think President Bush was behind the 9/11 attacks.

Stephanie, even greater atrocities occurred in WWII. A close family saw a picture in a magazine of their son being beheaded by Japanese soldiers on a beach in the South Pacific. The tales and horrors of what the Nazi's and Japanese did to Allied soldiers are well known but for over 50 years no American had advocated using torture to gain information.

What is the difference you may ask? Try the two named bush and DICK. They have woven an intricate fabric of deceit and lies. They have convinced many fair minded people within this country that in order to defeat an enemy, we need to use their tactics, no matter how barbarous or evil. The lie followed the great "mobile chemical labs" lie that was used to justify invading Iraq.

This country may never recover from the brain washing that bush and his thugs has used. We may also never recover the moral standing that this country had worldwide.

But bush has accomplished his mission. That was to make all his oil and corporate friends insanely rich. He can finish the second term assured that he has done just that. In the process he trampled the name of a great American named John MCCain and he leaves the GOP in ruins. He and those that voted for him should be very proud. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Stephanie, even greater atrocities occurred in WWII. A close family saw a picture in a magazine of their son being beheaded by Japanese soldiers on a beach in the South Pacific. The tales and horrors of what the Nazi's and Japanese did to Allied soldiers are well known but for over 50 years no American had advocated using torture to gain information.

What is the difference you may ask? Try the two named bush and DICK. They have woven an intricate fabric of deceit and lies. They have convinced many fair minded people within this country that in order to defeat an enemy, we need to use their tactics, no matter how barbarous or evil. The lie followed the great "mobile chemical labs" lie that was used to justify invading Iraq.

This country may never recover from the brain washing that bush and his thugs has used. We may also never recover the moral standing that this country had worldwide.

But bush has accomplished his mission. That was to make all his oil and corporate friends insanely rich. He can finish the second term assured that he has done just that. In the process he trampled the name of a great American named John McCain and he leaves the GOP in ruins. He and those that voted for him should be very proud. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Bush and Dick didn't have to convince me of anything...Seeing those airplanes fly into the world trade center was enough for me...

Is there ANYTHING that is wrong in the world today, NOT the fault of President Bush...
I couldn't stand Clinton, but I sure didn't accuse him of all the ills happening around the world...

You people make me laugh...In seven yrs...BUSH HAS DESTROYED THE WORLD....:cuckoo:

The first time I visited the States Reagan was in the White House (I actually visited Dixon, Illinois on my way to Muscatine, IA and saw his boyhood home). No problems at all. Great visit for two months.

I went back a few times when Clinton was in the White House and again, wonderful trips, I love road trips in the States, so much to see.

I've been through the States (just stopping off overnight in San Francisco and flying through O'Hare on my way to Canada since 9/11 when Bush was on the throne, I mean, in the White House. Bloody horrible. While I have no problem with the security in the airports the attitude of officials I had to deal with in various places wasn't at all like it used to be. Heck I remember being at LAX coming in and joking with the Immigration bloke about drive-by shootings. Last time I just buttoned my lip and answered when spoken to, didn't want to have any comment misinterpreted or I could have ended up in big trouble. And that's what I mean. It's sad.

Something perhaps inbetween? Links at site:

http://www.opinionjournal.com/best/?id=110010825

Save a Life, Go to Prison?
There has not been a major terrorist attack on American soil in six years, and someone has to be punished for it! That seems to be the attitude of the fringe left, which has been blogging up a storm of late demanding that Bush administration officials be prosecuted for "war crimes" for offending the dignity of al Qaeda terrorists who want nothing more than to murder American civilians.

Are these people serious? Certainly in their own minds. But more importantly, they do have influence in the Democratic Party. Last week it appeared as if they might succeed in stopping the confirmation of the eminent jurist Michael Mukasey as attorney general. Democratic senators, eager to appease their far-left base, were lining up to oppose Mukasey--until Friday, when two Judiciary Committee members, Chuck Schumer of New York and Dianne Feinstein of California, declared that they would support him. That pretty well assures him a favorable vote both in the committee and on the Senate floor.

In 2004, then-Attorney General John Ashcroft testified before the Judiciary Committee on the question of "torture," and Schumer--whose home state, after all, was the site of the worst carnage on 9/11--injected some common sense into the proceedings. Here is what he said, as quoted by Byron York (MP3 available here):

There are times when we all get in high dudgeon. We ought to be reasonable about this. I think there are probably very few people in this room or in America who would say that torture should never, ever be used, particularly if thousands of lives are at stake.

Take the hypothetical. If we knew that there was a nuclear bomb hidden in an American city and we believed that some kind of torture, fairly severe maybe, would give us a chance of finding that bomb before it went off, my guess is most Americans and most senators, maybe all, would say, "Do what you have to do."

So it's easy to sit back in the armchair and say that torture can never be used. But when you're in the foxhole, it's a very different deal. And I respect--I think we all respect the fact that the president's in the foxhole every day. So he can hardly be blamed for asking you or his White House counsel or the Department of Defense to figure out when it comes to torture, what the law allows and when the law allows it and what there is permission to do.​

To a significant portion of the Democratic Party's base, Schumer's views are not just mistaken but criminal. It is, in their view, better to let thousands of Americans be murdered than to harm a hair on Khalid Sheikh Mohammed's chinny-chin-chin. The faction that believes this holds enough sway that Sens. Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, Joe Biden and Chris Dodd--that is, all the Democrats who are running for president (or think they are)--raced earlier last week to announce their opposition to Mukasey. Suffice it to say that this does not speak well of their leadership qualities.

That quote makes my point. America has changed for the worse. I may have to pass through again but if I can avoid it I will, I'd prefer to fly through Canada rather than risk it at a US airport.

I sounds to me bush and DICK have allowed the terrorst to win. The sheep that follow these two idiots now are beginning to recognize efforts to kill someone not as torture but as a means to "get information we need."

You sheep remember this when your grandson or grandaughter is captured in battle. Don't whine when you see gallons of water being poured into their nose while plastic covers their mouth. And if one dies, so goes the wages of battle.

Why not just hook them up to 200 volts? According to bush and DICK we have now taken on the rules of combat held by Bin Laden, Saddam, and yes, even Hitler.

BRAVO! BRAVO! OUR FOREFATHERS WOULD BE PROUD!

Just in case you missed it, waterboarding is a bit too sophisticated for our enemies. They use butcher knives and a videocam.

But THAT's okay, right?

But bush has accomplished his mission. That was to make all his oil and corporate friends insanely rich. He can finish the second term assured that he has done just that. In the process he trampled the name of a great American named John MCCain and he leaves the GOP in ruins. He and those that voted for him should be very proud. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

So the base premise to your rants is you don't like Bush or Cheney ... cry me a river.:wtf:

That quote makes my point. America has changed for the worse. I may have to pass through again but if I can avoid it I will, I'd prefer to fly through Canada rather than risk it at a US airport.

Sorry to hear that..
But when and if you guys suffer something like 9/11..you can let us know if it changes you...:eusa_doh:

What crap. You have a propensity for aiming at the wrong target. Glad I never hung out on your beat.

9/11 changed the US, not Bush.

On that we disagree. 9/11 changed Bush from a domestic president to a war president. He had no intention of getting involved with the repercussions from the USS Cole, which Clinton ignored. But 9/11 changed it all.

On the other hand, not enough, IMO. He expanded the DOE with No child left behind. A stupid program. He's expanded many a domestic program, while waging a spendthrift war, without end. He is in favor of open borders to our South and curtsies to the North. He's a leader without a compass.

On that we disagree. 9/11 changed Bush from a domestic president to a war president. He had no intention of getting involved with the repercussions from the USS Cole, which Clinton ignored. But 9/11 changed it all.

On the other hand, not enough, IMO. He expanded the DOE with No child left behind. A stupid program. He's expanded many a domestic program, while waging a spendthrift war, without end. He is in favor of open borders to our South and curtsies to the North. He's a leader without a compass.

So you are agreeing with Diuretic's statement then? Bush changed America?

Hogwash. 9/11 changed the US, and that includes the US's President. He had no choice but respond to the attack, and threat of future attack. We, the People DEMANDED it.

Forum List

Back