If U.S. Falls Off 'Fiscal Cliff', What Will Happen to the Economy?

Last years deficit was over 1.1 Trillion.

2011 and 2010 came close to 1.3 Trillion.

So, yes, 1 Trillion would in fact be a significant cut in the deficit.

I didn't say it would be a cut in the debt.

So, perhaps you could curb your silly insults, they are a rather sad substitute for debate.
Sorry, but your logic is idiotic. Anything less than a balanced budget does not deal with the problem of "THE DEBT"! We have to stop spending more than we bring in, and taxes alone won't achieve that. Deficits ADD to the debt. Can you not grasp that simple concept???

You sneer at the Constitution.

That's OK. Obama wipes his ass with it.

Where in the Constitution is there a requirement for a budget to be passed?

There is a requirement for the President to present a budget proposal (which he has) and then another requirement for Congress to either approve or reject said proposal.

There is no requirement, however, to pass a budget.

When it says Congress writes the legislation and the President signs it into law.

Which is what happened with the 1974 Congressional Budget Act, requiring the Senate to pass a budget resolution.

To improve your knowledge and understanding on such things, I suggest you start here, and I will answer your questions you still may have after your study:

[youtube]VxT7QjlvDqM[/youtube]

If Obama was a real leader he would be able to bring both sides together to deal with this crisis. He's no better than Hugo Chavez or Fidel Castro, he was just in the right place at the right time and cashed in on political correctness. He will ultimately go down in history as being America's biggest mistake. Jimmy Carter will eventually be freed from his current title as "America's Worst President". A title that Obama will hold throughout the next several centuries.

Forum List

Back