If this heroic cop had been fired, a child would still be alive today.

SavannahMann

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2016
If a Truck Driver had as many accidents in as short a period of time, his license would have been yanked. The same with a cab driver, or anyone else who operates vehicles as a per of their job. But a cop with five accidents under his belt was still driving around on the roads. To the sorrow of a family.

APD officer involved in fatal crash, previously disciplined for driving-related incidents

A six year old boy is dead because the police failed to hold a cop to any standards. I'm not talking about the inevitable propaganda when the police finally get around to finishing the investigation and finally fire the idiot. They will pontificate about the high standards a cop is held to and how their hears go out to the families of the victims of this tragic accident.

I'm not talking about those notional high standards. I'm talking about the same standards that every pizza delivery driver is held to. I'm talking about the standards that everyone else is held to. If anyone would have had that many accidents they would have had their license pulled and couldn't afford to drive their cars with insurance having jumped up after every accident.

But cops are different. Or something.

A family may well be planning the seventh birthday for a boy if not for a cop who was a lousy driver, and everyone knew it. They knew and did nothing. Instead the family will sue because that is the only illusion of justice they can hope for.

Tragic. Clearly, the Albuquerque Police Department should have taken this guy off patrol duty. However, this does not indicate that there are different standards for all cops vs every other employee who drives on the job, as OP suggests. All the article tell us is that this cop was incapable of driving and his employer let him continue to drive.

Tragic. Clearly, the Albuquerque Police Department should have taken this guy off patrol duty. However, this does not indicate that there are different standards for all cops vs every other employee who drives on the job, as OP suggests. All the article tell us is that this cop was incapable of driving and his employer let him continue to drive.

Ah yes. The isolated incident argument. I've seen that a few hundred times over the years.

What would you say if I told you that vehicle related accidents had killed as many cops as gunfire so far this year?

The police involved accidents are investigated internally, that is to say they are handled as a part of employment instead of criminally as they are when you have a fender bender as a citizen. The way this cop managed to keep driving is that the employer handled it that way as a policy. So your isolated incident is now isolated from this one cop to this one department. If the department had been doing something outside the norm wouldn't the state police get involved? So it's an isolated state now. Shall I continue?

In short. Pfui

Ah yes. The isolated incident argument. I've seen that a few hundred times over the years.

What would you say if I told you that vehicle related accidents had killed as many cops as gunfire so far this year?

The police involved accidents are investigated internally, that is to say they are handled as a part of employment instead of criminally as they are when you have a fender bender as a citizen. The way this cop managed to keep driving is that the employer handled it that way as a policy. So your isolated incident is now isolated from this one cop to this one department. If the department had been doing something outside the norm wouldn't the state police get involved? So it's an isolated state now. Shall I continue?

In short. Pfui
Tragic, like all things that are avoidable in hindsight. Your all cops are bad crap still doesn't fly.

In short. Pfui
Tragic, like all things that are avoidable in hindsight. Your all cops are bad crap still doesn't fly.

Anyone else who had five accidents in the same time period would have had a suspended license. Anyone else would have high insurance rates that nearly prohibited them from driving at a minimum.

The police handled it as internal employment related. I'd be surprised if the accidents showed up on his DMV report. So the police who were not treated like everyone else. They were afforded special privileges and not held to the same standard as anyone else would have been.

Not a higher standard. Just the same standard as everyone else.

In short. Pfui

Anyone else who had five accidents in the same time period would have had a suspended license. Anyone else would have high insurance rates that nearly prohibited them from driving at a minimum.

The police handled it as internal employment related. I'd be surprised if the accidents showed up on his DMV report. So the police who were not treated like everyone else. They were afforded special privileges and not held to the same standard as anyone else would have been.

Not a higher standard. Just the same standard as everyone else.
I heard you the first time.

If a Truck Driver had as many accidents in as short a period of time, his license would have been yanked. The same with a cab driver, or anyone else who operates vehicles as a per of their job. But a cop with five accidents under his belt was still driving around on the roads. To the sorrow of a family.

APD officer involved in fatal crash, previously disciplined for driving-related incidents

A six year old boy is dead because the police failed to hold a cop to any standards. I'm not talking about the inevitable propaganda when the police finally get around to finishing the investigation and finally fire the idiot. They will pontificate about the high standards a cop is held to and how their hears go out to the families of the victims of this tragic accident.

I'm not talking about those notional high standards. I'm talking about the same standards that every pizza delivery driver is held to. I'm talking about the standards that everyone else is held to. If anyone would have had that many accidents they would have had their license pulled and couldn't afford to drive their cars with insurance having jumped up after every accident.

A family may well be planning the seventh birthday for a boy if not for a cop who was a lousy driver, and everyone knew it. They knew and did nothing. Instead the family will sue because that is the only illusion of justice they can hope for.

They should of had him driving one of these when it became obvious he was accident prone.
upload_2017-5-15_15-21-22.png

They should of had him driving one of these when it became obvious he was accident prone.
View attachment 126762

That presumes he wouldn't crash the cart. I wouldn't place odds on it.

View attachment 126762

Of course you'd want to put a governor on it so it'd only go 5 mph.

View attachment 126762

Of course you'd want to put a governor on it so it'd only go 5 mph.

I guess they could have given him a Segway.

On second thought. Perhaps not.

Forum List

Back