If there is a God...

in common sense and a court of law/etc you have to prove your claims
please prove there is a god
Hey! You're the one who claimed there WASN'T a God ---- prove it.
hahahahahahah-real brilliant
no---no one could claim there is no god BEFORE someone says there is!!
you made the claim iniitially
stupid is as stupid does ----

How to Know if God Is Real
‘God stories’ of divine intervention
Are You There God?: 5 Ways to Prove God Exists - LifeTeen.com for Catholic Youth
Design Arguments for the Existence of God | Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy

You wanted proof of God's existence? There it is ....

Need more?

Does The Soul Exist? Evidence Says ‘Yes’
How Do We Know There Is a God?
World renown scientist says he has found proof of God! We may be living the the 'Matrix' - Technology - News - Catholic Online
Odds on that God exists, says scientist
Are you skeptical about God? Does God Exist? Thoughts about God

Since you claim you can't prove that something doesn't exist, your only choice is to invalidate the proof that He DOES exist. Then, and only then, can we claim a stalemate.
the wrong diagnosis stuff is ridiculous---that's exactly what it is --an error by a doctor--NOT divine intervention
humans are far from perfect --so are doctors
this is NOT proof --not even close

Let me see ... we have written proof ... we have documented evidence ... we have expert testimony.

What's NOT proof?

THIS is what you offer to refute 9 articles proving you wrong? THIS is it?

C'mon - you can do better than this .... uhh .. you can, right??

Oh ... well, never mind, then.
again your articles are worthless:
someone touches someones shoulder and WALA--proof!!!??!! proof of what?
a humans doctor possibly gets a diagnosis wrong WALA proof?? !!
written proof--what written proof?

Do you see god? Can you hear god? Can you touch god? Or is being in the presence of god a feeling not associated with your physical senses?

Can you see happiness...sadness...love? Can you touch it? Or, is being happy, sad, etc. a feeling not associated with physical senses?

If, on the other hand, you get a feeling and ascribe that to god, how do you know that the feeling is from god?

How do you know you are really happy? Maybe you are really sad, but have convinced yourself in fact, you are happy.

I can point to a family member and say, "Look, that is my family member. When they come around again, you can recognize them." With a feeling, however, you don't get that. Instead, you have this feeling, you decide that it is the presence of god, then when you experience the same feeling, you consider it to be god again. The question is how you know, the first time, that what you are experiencing is the presence of god?

You can get into further specifics, and ask how you know what you experience is the presence of god as you define god? For instance, how do you know you are not experiencing the presence of a Hindu god? The presence of Odin? The presence of some being not believed in by humanity? Even if one accepts that the feeling is actually the presence of some intelligence, how do you know what form that intelligence takes?

Imagine trying to describe happiness to someone who has never felt happiness. Imagine failing being able to get them to understand. Would you end by telling them that once they feel happiness, they will recognize it no matter whether they are Hindu, Pagan, Christian, Jewish, or Muslim. Or, are we arguing that happiness will feel different to a Hindu than it does to an atheist?

Hey! You're the one who claimed there WASN'T a God ---- prove it.

Are You There God?: 5 Ways to Prove God Exists - LifeTeen.com for Catholic Youth

Need more?

World renown scientist says he has found proof of God! We may be living the the 'Matrix' - Technology - News - Catholic Online

Since you claim you can't prove that something doesn't exist, your only choice is to invalidate the proof that He DOES exist. Then, and only then, can we claim a stalemate.
the wrong diagnosis stuff is ridiculous---that's exactly what it is --an error by a doctor--NOT divine intervention

Let me see ... we have written proof ... we have documented evidence ... we have expert testimony.

What's NOT proof?

You live in a deterministic universe governed by rules of cause and effect. A universe whose rules are such that intelligence is a product of space and time. A potential that existed before space and time.

And you think it is some great leap in logic to believe there is a greater intelligence than us that existed before space and time?

I don't have enough faith to believe what you believe.

Do you see god? Can you hear god? Can you touch god? Or is being in the presence of god a feeling not associated with your physical senses?

Can you see happiness...sadness...love? Can you touch it? Or, is being happy, sad, etc. a feeling not associated with physical senses?

If, on the other hand, you get a feeling and ascribe that to god, how do you know that the feeling is from god?

How do you know you are really happy? Maybe you are really sad, but have convinced yourself in fact, you are happy.

I can point to a family member and say, "Look, that is my family member. When they come around again, you can recognize them." With a feeling, however, you don't get that. Instead, you have this feeling, you decide that it is the presence of god, then when you experience the same feeling, you consider it to be god again. The question is how you know, the first time, that what you are experiencing is the presence of god?

You can get into further specifics, and ask how you know what you experience is the presence of god as you define god? For instance, how do you know you are not experiencing the presence of a Hindu god? The presence of Odin? The presence of some being not believed in by humanity? Even if one accepts that the feeling is actually the presence of some intelligence, how do you know what form that intelligence takes?

Imagine trying to describe happiness to someone who has never felt happiness. Imagine failing being able to get them to understand. Would you end by telling them that once they feel happiness, they will recognize it no matter whether they are Hindu, Pagan, Christian, Jewish, or Muslim. Or, are we arguing that happiness will feel different to a Hindu than it does to an atheist?

If you are defining god as a feeling you sometimes get, then I would not argue. If, on the other hand, you define god as a supernatural being, an intelligence, creator of the universe, etc....that is a different thing. When I say I feel happy, the only thing I am describing is a feeling, not a being that causes my feeling.

Need more?

What's NOT proof?

You live in a deterministic universe governed by rules of cause and effect. A universe whose rules are such that intelligence is a product of space and time. A potential that existed before space and time.

And you think it is some great leap in logic to believe there is a greater intelligence than us that existed before space and time?

what do you believe?

What's NOT proof?

what do you believe?
That the only solution to the first cause conundrum is something which is eternal and unchanging.

If you are defining god as a feeling you sometimes get, then I would not argue. If, on the other hand, you define god as a supernatural being, an intelligence, creator of the universe, etc....that is a different thing. When I say I feel happy, the only thing I am describing is a feeling, not a being that causes my feeling.
Why can't it be both?

`
I'm not going to worry about events that may or may not happen, millions of years from now. It doesn't affect my belief in a supreme divinity.
`

You are asking me to describe what it feels like to experience God to a person who not only has never had such an experience, but who also does not believe in God in the first place. I have done so. Your spirit will recognize God as easily as your eyes recognize a loved one. It is as simple (and as complicated) as that.

Why can't it be both?

It can be. I'm not trying to argue that there is no god(s). I'm just questioning how one can determine that a feeling is caused by god.

You are asking me to describe what it feels like to experience God to a person who not only has never had such an experience, but who also does not believe in God in the first place. I have done so. Your spirit will recognize God as easily as your eyes recognize a loved one. It is as simple (and as complicated) as that.

I'm not asking you to describe the feeling so much as explain how you can know that the feeling comes from god, and/or perhaps to define god. I am perfectly willing to accept that you can recognize the feeling when you experience it, what I'm asking is how you knew what you were feeling was the presence of god the first time. You had a feeling, which I assume you had never had before, how did you know it was god?

Why can't it be both?

It can be. I'm not trying to argue that there is no god(s). I'm just questioning how one can determine that a feeling is caused by god.
It feels like dopamine is released because it is. That's what happens when one is happy. Or realizes how something fit together. Or understood why something happened.

Why can't it be both?

It feels like dopamine is released because it is. That's what happens when one is happy. Or realizes how something fit together. Or understood why something happened.

That doesn't explain how one knows that they are in the presence of god.

I'm not asking you to describe the feeling so much as explain how you can know that the feeling comes from god, and/or perhaps to define god. I am perfectly willing to accept that you can recognize the feeling when you experience it, what I'm asking is how you knew what you were feeling was the presence of god the first time. You had a feeling, which I assume you had never had before, how did you know it was god?

Keep in mind my description was one of recognizing God. You responded by saying people recognized people by sight, and were my senses involved in recognizing God. I responded they were not--that recognizing God was more in line with recognizing happiness, sadness, love--all of which can be recognized without use of the five senses. Recognition--not feeling--is the point I am trying to express. Our spirits seem to have the ability to recognize God.

Keep in mind my description was one of recognizing God. You responded by saying people recognized people by sight, and were my senses involved in recognizing God. I responded they were not--that recognizing God was more in line with recognizing happiness, sadness, love--all of which can be recognized without use of the five senses. Recognition--not feeling--is the point I am trying to express. Our spirits seem to have the ability to recognize God.

And I am asking you how you recognize whatever it is you experience as having to do with god. Until we learn what it is called, we don't recognize happiness, sadness, or love. Those words are just labels describing those feelings. God, on the other hand, is not generally a word used to describe a feeling.

And I am asking you how you recognize whatever it is you experience as having to do with god. Until we learn what it is called, we don't recognize happiness, sadness, or love. Those words are just labels describing those feelings. God, on the other hand, is not generally a word used to describe a feeling.

I don't know what is so difficult to understand. You know what it means to recognize someone, something, some feeling. Recognition of God is no different. I recognized God; and among other things, I felt awe.

I am always very careful to never go beyond the actual happening. For example, nothing in my experience verifies that God is Creator. Nothing in my experience verifies Trinity. Not one thing verifies any Biblical account of anything. My experience is how God relates to us personally. What I can verify is that God is pure love--and that He honors free will (or free choice if that word is preferred). Because of my own experience of God, I do not doubt scripture--but scripture was not my experience. That belongs to others.

Maybe this will help. If I lost everything, and I mean everything, I'd still be happy. Because I know that the one who created me, the one I have sinned against, loves me and forgives me. There is no greater feeling.

Why can't it be both?

That doesn't explain how one knows that they are in the presence of god.
It also doesn't explain how they don't.

But since I believe he has placed his spirit within all of us, I believe his spirit is always present.

it's their christian god they are talking about shaped for them in their 4th century book is what they recognize as they were led to believe by those who believe as they do, put in writing for them, a political manifestation pleasing to their kind, nothing more.

So I guess I’m going to pose this question to you all: If there is a God (as outlined above) is there any evidence it really cares about you or my well being at a personal level?

I don't know about your life. Six incidents in my own life immediately sprang to mind that point to the actuality of God greatly caring for individuals on a deeply personal level.

I suspect what you want is the answer to, "How can I make God perform like that in my own life--and no later than day after tomorrow?"
Anthropomorphic fallacy.

A deity with human attributes is not omnipotent, not a 'god' – it is consequently unworthy of worship and devoid of moral and religious authority.
You have to wonder why this god isn’t even as good as you and I are. For example I would have given hitler a heart attack before he did what he did. Any pedophile or rapist would have heart attacks right before they committed their acts.

If god can watch a child get raped he’s fucked up if he could do something but doesn’t.

Forum List

Back