If the leader of the free world can lie with such impunity we are doomed

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
links in article at site

SNIP:

By James DelingpoleUS politicsLast updated: February 16th, 2013

1493 CommentsComment on this article

"….And every child will have a cute puppy, about yay big…." (Pic: AP)

Earlier this week in his State of the Union address President Obama made some observations on climate change so brimming with falsehoods I'm surprised his nose didn't fall off.

It really doesn't matter where he himself was deliberately lying or whether he was merely lending the gravitas of his office to the deliberate lies of others. The point is that the President of the USA has access to any number of fact checkers and advisers and if he stands up and addresses the nation with a farrago of complete untruths then the buck stops with him. This dissembling and mendacity becomes all the more culpable when it forms the basis of major public policy decisions which will have a serious impact on people's lives in the US and beyond.

So why this snake-oil salesman being allowed to get away with it?

Here's the offending part of Obama's speech.

Now, it’s true that no single event makes a trend. But the fact is, the 12 hottest years on record have all come in the last 15. Heat waves, droughts, wildfires, floods, all are now more frequent and more intense. We can choose to believe that Superstorm Sandy, and the most severe drought in decades, and the worst wildfires some states have ever seen were all just a freak coincidence. Or we can choose to believe in the overwhelming judgment of science and act before it’s too late.

And here's Marc Morano's unanswerable point by point rebuttal. Obama's war on climate change is a war against a chimera. He is enlarging the state, holding back the economic recovery, restricting freedoms, driving up the price of energy and killing jobs in order to deal with a problem which only exists in the discredited computer projections of a shameless cabal of grant-troughing activist scientists increasingly out of touch with real world data.

So why, outside the internet, has no one called him on it?

All of here with comments
If the leader of the free world can lie with such impunity we are doomed ? Telegraph Blogs

Is it an actual belief held by conservatives that Obama is actively and successfully being motivated by his desire for the death of America? You say he's fighting a chimera, and by doing so he is grabbing the opportunity to destroy this country.

Is that what you actually believe?

And here I was wondering what a free world needs a leader for in the first place. The irony is absolutely delicious.

Is it an actual belief held by conservatives that Obama is actively and successfully being motivated by his desire for the death of America? You say he's fighting a chimera, and by doing so he is grabbing the opportunity to destroy this country.

Even if they're smart enough to think for themselves, they'll say they believe it because they need, so desperately, to belong to something.

I don't believe most rw's are as sick and vicious as some others are.

But, hey, I could be wrong.

Even if they're smart enough to think for themselves, they'll say they believe it because they need, so desperately, to belong to something.

I don't believe most rw's are as sick and vicious as some others are.

But, hey, I could be wrong.

nice way to deflect from the topic..you should talk about thinking for themselves..
Mother Jones and panda sex

Last edited:
Earlier this week in his State of the Union address President Obama made some observations on climate change so brimming with falsehoods I'm surprised his nose didn't fall off.

It really doesn't matter where he himself was deliberately lying or whether he was merely lending the gravitas of his office to the deliberate lies of others. The point is that the President of the USA has access to any number of fact checkers and advisers and if he stands up and addresses the nation with a farrago of complete untruths then the buck stops with him. This dissembling and mendacity becomes all the more culpable when it forms the basis of major public policy decisions which will have a serious impact on people's lives in the US and beyond.

Now, it’s true that no single event makes a trend. But the fact is, the 12 hottest years on record have all come in the last 15. Heat waves, droughts, wildfires, floods, all are now more frequent and more intense. We can choose to believe that Superstorm Sandy, and the most severe drought in decades, and the worst wildfires some states have ever seen were all just a freak coincidence. Or we can choose to believe in the overwhelming judgment of science and act before it’s too late.

And here's Marc Morano's unanswerable point by point rebuttal. Obama's war on climate change is a war against a chimera. He is enlarging the state, holding back the economic recovery, restricting freedoms, driving up the price of energy and killing jobs in order to deal with a problem which only exists in the discredited computer projections of a shameless cabal of grant-troughing activist scientists increasingly out of touch with real world data.

If the leader of the free world can lie with such impunity we are doomed ? Telegraph Blogs

It's the rebuttal that's the lie. To say it's unanswerable is untrue. Every point he makes in response to Obama can be challenged. He points to studies that support his contention, but ignores those that don't. That's intellectual dishonesty. Some of Obama's points may be exaggerated, but to say they're lies is patently untrue. The biggest lie is that we don't have a problem, when the real question is how bad and how long will it take.

853.gif

ANSWER THIS. What problem, due to GW, is effecting YOU personally TODAY. Don't tell me about Polar Bears unless you live in the Artic. Don't tell me about oceans have have not risen. Tell me how GW has made your life worse. Don't quote anyone either.

It's the rebuttal that's the lie. To say it's unanswerable is untrue. Every point he makes in response to Obama can be challenged. He points to studies that support his contention, but ignores those that don't. That's intellectual dishonesty. Some of Obama's points may be exaggerated, but to say they're lies is patently untrue. The biggest lie is that we don't have a problem, when the real question is how bad and how long will it take.

Answer this question please, how has GW effected YOU personally. Not polar bears, not some imagined in the future rise of the oceans, not the ice sheets melting unless you live on one. I want to know EXACTLY what problem GW has caused YOU. And don't be quoting anyone that supports your beliefs concerning GW.

links in article at site

SNIP:

By James DelingpoleUS politicsLast updated: February 16th, 2013

1493 CommentsComment on this article

"….And every child will have a cute puppy, about yay big…." (Pic: AP)

What makes you think he is lying? He isn't experience in climatology. He isn't experience in much of anything. So maybe he believes the BS he has been told. Maybe he isn't smart enough to walk outside and say WTF is it with those guys. I'll stick up for Obama and say he isn't smart enough.

Answer this question please, how has GW effected YOU personally. Not polar bears, not some imagined in the future rise of the oceans, not the ice sheets melting unless you live on one. I want to know EXACTLY what problem GW has caused YOU. And don't be quoting anyone that supports your beliefs concerning GW.

Dumb

ANSWER THIS. What problem, due to GW, is effecting YOU personally TODAY. Don't tell me about Polar Bears unless you live in the Artic. Don't tell me about oceans have have not risen. Tell me how GW has made your life worse. Don't quote anyone either.

Answer this question please, how has GW effected YOU personally.

"The "bad" economy, he talked about. Again and again. The "bad" economy.

You know what happened as a result? I can tell you from my personal experience, the CFO of the corporation I was working for called a meeting and said, "The President keeps talking about the economy being 'bad.' Now, things don't seem bad, but let's just hold off on any new hires until we see how this pans out. And, let's hold off on all non-vital purchases, just for the time being."

And you can see right there how simply the words of President George W. Bush started slamming the breaks of the economy.

This, of course, all snowballed."

486856_424939290875089_1096145687_n.jpg

Talk about a liar, fraud and self promoter

James%20Delingpole.jpg

James Delingpole is a right-wing British novelist and blogger. He identifies himself as "libertarian", which in his case seems to translate as free market and anti-science. He likes to describe himself as "writer", eschewing the more accurate term "blogger". Presumably because too many people associate the term with "ignorant tosser with big opinions and no knowledge", which is an uncannily accurate description in Delingpole's case.

Delingpole has appeared on Alex Jones' programme, suggesting a willingness to accept paranoid and conspiratorial views of government. Subsequent delusional blogs - which he presumably views as "satire" - only reinforce this suspicion.

James Delingpole (born 1965) is an English columnist and novelist. A self-described libertarian conservative, he writes for The Times, The Daily Telegraph, and The Spectator. He has published several novels and four political books, most recently Watermelons: The Green Movement's True Colors [2011].

Background

Delingpole has an MA in English Language and Literature from Oxford University. He does not appear to have any science qualifications.

Anti-science views on climate change

In a 2009 article on the CRU email theft, Delingpole called anthropogenic climate change a "myth" and a "conspiracy".

When Anderegg et al published their paper on expert credibility in climate change in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Delingpole countered with the headline 'Climate change sceptics have smaller members, uglier wives, dumber kids' says new study made up by warmists'

1303621708.1398581.jpg

All leaders lie, whether its the leader of 'free world' or some craphole in eastern Africa. Lying wins you elections and keeps your citizens calm. It's always been that way.

If you trul;y believe that this is "the free world" then we truly are doomed to being slaves

And here I was wondering what a free world needs a leader for in the first place. The irony is absolutely delicious.

You can freely follow, that was the point of the founders, in my opinion.

Dumb

GW caused you to be dumb??? I don't think so.

Why should I have to? Nuclear war hasn't effected me personally, but why shouldn't I be concerned? The science says, if we build up enough GHGs, the temperature will rise. I don't care if it can be proven that it hasn't risen a degree yet, the result is known given the properties of what we're putting in the air. Ignoring that is just hiding your head in the sand.

Forum List

Back