If someone from the 1950's suddenly appeared today...

Explain to someone from the 50s how 10 year old girls sexting photos of their private parts to their classmates is "good" for society. Someone from the 50s would see exactly where removing fathers from homes leads and it wouldn't happen.

Explain why you think that there is anyone that thinks that is a good thing? Perhaps the fathers who have left their children without a father deserve a bit of the blame? Or is blaming irresponsible males not to be considered?

Interesting how the technology has affected education. A one of those lazy liberals, I am currently going back to college. Just a two class load, however, as I am also working 40 to 45 hours a week. So, I am taking the final pre-calc. class and a 200 chemistry class.

Now I took this kind of math over 40 years ago. Then I had a slide rule. And we memorized huge amounts of equations. Today, we don't memorize the equations. They are on the computer. However, we do far more work on how the equations relate to each other and the real world. And a high end graphing calclulator is required for the class. In chemistry, much of the homework is on the net. And we get 3-D pictures of the molecules. That we can turn and spin in whatever direction we care to. Plus there are many sources to turn to when we don't understand the text's explanation. Like the Khan Academy, among others.

It is a far differant world, a much better one, than in the 1950's. Watermelon's in February at the local supermarket. One of the amazing differances.

A person from the 50s would be repulsed that they have to drink from the same water fountain as a black person

A person from the 50s would be surprised to see a person walking with a dog on a leash in one hand and carrying a little bag of dog poop with the other hand.

1920131403161.jpg

True story.

I'm not sure I understand the point of this question. I take it you are referencing technology. I was born in 1948 and I use new technology every day. If you recall, most of our electronics came about in the last 50 years. So who do you think was doing the inventing? Certainly not someone who was born 5 years ago.

It's really the younger ones who have the difficulty with expectations related to technology. I gave my 2 year old grandbaby an Etch a Sketch and he doesn't quite understand why the screen doesn't do something when he touches it! LOL :clap2:

A person from the 50s would be repulsed that they have to drink from the same water fountain as a black person

And that the ‘remedy’ to such an offense is no longer a rope and a tree.

Blacks and Hispanics voting, women not always barefoot and pregnant, and homosexuals no longer considered ‘insane’ would indeed be a lot of change to take in.

Blacks and Hispanics voting, women not always barefoot and pregnant, and homosexuals no longer considered ‘insane’ would indeed be a lot of change to take in.

You can't even beat up fags and blame it on them

Explain to someone from the 50s how 10 year old girls sexting photos of their private parts to their classmates is "good" for society. Someone from the 50s would see exactly where removing fathers from homes leads and it wouldn't happen.

Explain why you think that there is anyone that thinks that is a good thing? Perhaps the fathers who have left their children without a father deserve a bit of the blame? Or is blaming irresponsible males not to be considered?

We have a government that encourages that kind of irresponsibility. Otherwise a show like "All my babies mammas" would never get on the drawing board.

This thread started off with a good laugh. I expected more fun responses in return. After reading a few responses I quit.

You guys need to get out more

You get more ridiculous every day. People from the 1950s are all around you. They are called Baby Boomers, born between 1946 and 1964. It is people from the 1950s who brought about the changes you reference.

Brown v. Board of Education - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Overview of Major Civil Rights Legislation, Supreme Court Cases, and Activities

Read 'em and weep. There are lots more where those came from.

Judging from homosexual behavior today, someone from the 1950s would know that the medical designation of insanity should have been kept.

I was born in the fifties, when I was growing up reddy kilowatt assured me nuclear power would be so cheap there would be no need for meters.
I knew I would be safe from the ruskies if the attack happened at school, where I could hide under my desk.
I was also supposed to get a rocket pack........

You get more ridiculous every day. People from the 1950s are all around you. They are called Baby Boomers, born between 1946 and 1964. It is people from the 1950s who brought about the changes you reference.

Why are so many people having a problem understanding this thread?

Here is the premise of this thread. Why do people think there is no one from the 1950s around?

1920131403161.jpg

Here is the premise of this thread. Why do people think there is no one from the 1950s around?

1920131403161.jpg

No, it is what if someone from the 1950s appeared today, not someone who was alive in the 1950s today.

1920131403161.jpg

No, it is what if someone from the 1950s appeared today, not someone who was alive in the 1950s today.

Do you think those of us who were there in those days are invisible or that we have not advanced with the inventions that OUR generation produced? I 'appear' somewhere every day. And I was born in the 40s. It is a stupid premise that those of us who are older can't fathom technology.

Forum List

Back