If someone doens't want a union job they should....

If someone doens't want a union job they should....

• ...take personaly responsibility and seek employment at a non-union shop.

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • ... get the nanny state to force businesses and unions to not enter into union shop agreements.

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
Become politically active and get the state to become a right to work state. beat the unions at their own games.. :D

Nanny state solution. I see.

self reliance. I don't need no damn union to speak for me. I can do it for myself for free.

Great. Then how about don't apply for a job at a union-shop? That would be you exercising your freedom. As to why you think its any of your business what kinds of conditions a business and a union agree to in a contract, I can only assume you're a big government type.

What's "free market" about forcing people to pay for services they don't want?

You mean they don't want workplace safety, decent wages, right to be protected from abusive bosses?

Of course not. Everyone wants those.

What the "Right to Work" movement does is tell people you can have your cake and eat it, too. You can have all the benefits of being in a union without any of the burdens of being in the union.

Except those benefits usually go out the door when the union does.

Nobody wants to go back to this...

Childlabourcoal.jpg

Wait, did the companies take those kids from the parents homes?

Is that what you're saying?

self reliance. I don't need no damn union to speak for me. I can do it for myself for free.

Great. Then how about don't apply for a job at a union-shop? That would be you exercising your freedom. As to why you think its any of your business what kinds of conditions a business and a union agree to in a contract, I can only assume you're a big government type.

And then unions forcing themselves upon an employer?? What if the employer recognizes the union and still hires non-union employees? You gonna whine for the union when they cry foul? After all, that is an agreement between the business and who they hire

Go fuck yourself with your little twist on words

And then unions forcing themselves upon an employer?? What if the employer recognizes the union and still hires non-union employees? You gonna whine for the union when they cry foul? After all, that is an agreement between the business and who they hire

Unions can't force themselves on employers, as employers are not required to sign any union contract. What happens when an employer hires non-union employees depends on his contractual obligation to the union and it has nothing to do with anyone whining or baseball.

re opposed to aI have to say, it baffles me that those who claim to be for freedom business being allowed to voluntarily agree with a union that they will require employees join the union. Its almost as if you just hate workers.

Unions can't force themselves on employers, as employers are not required to sign any union contract. What happens when an employer hires non-union employees depends on his contractual obligation to the union and it has nothing to do with anyone whining or baseball.

No, they just bribe politicians to create laws against fireing workers who are attempting to unionize. Indeed, there are so many union laws on the books that it isn't necessarily freedom to contract with a union, but, sign the contract or lose your business.

Sure, allow the employer to hire or fire whomever he wants. Why is it against the law to fire someone for attempting to organize? Are they entitled to that job? Nope, unions paid for that law.

Last edited:
re opposed to aI have to say, it baffles me that those who claim to be for freedom business being allowed to voluntarily agree with a union that they will require employees join the union. Its almost as if you just hate workers.

Almost as bad as laws which prohibit businesses from voluntarily paying protection to local businessmen in La Costa Nostra. Yooz nose dat markut was all forz payin to makes sher hiz bidnuz dint accidentally like burn downs...

You support extortion and racketeering, PooPooDooDoo - simple as that.

What's "free market" about forcing people to pay for services they don't want?

You mean they don't want workplace safety, decent wages, right to be protected from abusive bosses?

Of course not. Everyone wants those.

What the "Right to Work" movement does is tell people you can have your cake and eat it, too. You can have all the benefits of being in a union without any of the burdens of being in the union.

Except those benefits usually go out the door when the union does.

Nobody wants to go back to this...

Childlabourcoal.jpg

Nobody's advocating going back to that dummy.

Almost as bad as laws which prohibit businesses from voluntarily paying protection to local businessmen in La Costa Nostra. Yooz nose dat markut was all forz payin to makes sher hiz bidnuz dint accidentally like burn downs...

Yes, yes he does.

882008unionthugs.gif

Sure, allow the employer to hire or fire whomever he wants. Why is it against the law to fire someone for attempting to organize? Are they entitled to that job? Nope, unions paid for that law.

Because labor has a right to organize.

Why should any American be required to join anything?

Because labor has a right to organize.

Sure they do. And the employer has a right to fire them for attempting to do so. Or better yet, the employer has the right to have his workers sign away their right to organize as a condition of employment. What is it about freedom you don't like?

Last edited:

You support puppy killing, XXXXXXX and Notre Dame - simple as that.

Last edited by a moderator:

You support puppy killing, and Notre Dame - simple as that.

I would NEVER support Notre Dame.. even as much as I detest Saban.

You support puppy killing, and Notre Dame - simple as that.

I would NEVER support Notre Dame.. even as much as I detest Saban.

The choice was easy for me.

My creepy possum hating neighbor who was filming our front porch - Notre Dame fan.

Forum List

Back