If someone doens't want a union job they should....

If someone doens't want a union job they should....

• ...take personaly responsibility and seek employment at a non-union shop.

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • ... get the nanny state to force businesses and unions to not enter into union shop agreements.

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
You support puppy killing and Notre Dame - simple as that.

I would NEVER support Notre Dame.. even as much as I detest Saban.

The choice was easy for me.

My creepy possum hating neighbor who was filming our front porch - Notre Dame fan.

Weird.. oddly, I've been living in Metairie for a while... never seen a possum.. now I see them all the time at night. Some pretty big ones at that.

I hear cricketts so I will post it again.

Great. Then how about don't apply for a job at a union-shop? That would be you exercising your freedom. As to why you think its any of your business what kinds of conditions a business and a union agree to in a contract, I can only assume you're a big government type.

Sure, allow the employer to hire or fire whomever he wants. Why is it against the law to fire someone for attempting to organize? Are they entitled to that job? Nope, unions paid for that law.

Because labor has a right to organize.

Sure they do. And the employer has a right to fire them for attempting to do so. Or better yet, the employer has the right to have his workers sign away their right to organize as a condition of employment. What is it about freedom you don't like?

Great. Then how about don't apply for a job at a union-shop? That would be you exercising your freedom. As to why you think its any of your business what kinds of conditions a business and a union agree to in a contract, I can only assume you're a big government type.

And then unions forcing themselves upon an employer?? What if the employer recognizes the union and still hires non-union employees? You gonna whine for the union when they cry foul? After all, that is an agreement between the business and who they hire

Go fuck yourself with your little twist on words

Unions can't force themselves on employers, as employers are not required to sign any union contract. What happens when an employer hires non-union employees depends on his contractual obligation to the union and it has nothing to do with anyone whining or baseball.

Really?? I think you best look around.. unions have strangleholds on industries including auto, utility, education, shipping, telephone, etc

And then unions forcing themselves upon an employer?? What if the employer recognizes the union and still hires non-union employees? You gonna whine for the union when they cry foul? After all, that is an agreement between the business and who they hire

Go fuck yourself with your little twist on words

Unions can't force themselves on employers, as employers are not required to sign any union contract. What happens when an employer hires non-union employees depends on his contractual obligation to the union and it has nothing to do with anyone whining or baseball.

Yes they can with 51% of the workers.

Steps to Creating a Union Workplace

This of course leads to thuggery by unions.

What's "free market" about forcing people to pay for services they don't want?

You mean they don't want workplace safety, decent wages, right to be protected from abusive bosses?

Of course not. Everyone wants those.

What the "Right to Work" movement does is tell people you can have your cake and eat it, too. You can have all the benefits of being in a union without any of the burdens of being in the union.

Except those benefits usually go out the door when the union does.

Nobody wants to go back to this...

Childlabourcoal.jpg

Wait, did the companies take those kids from the parents homes?

Is that what you're saying?
isn't that Jackie Cooper in the back on the right?...

Who the hell cares?! You have no problem with the government forcing people to join organizations and taking their money, but you have a problem with a freakin football team?!

When I was in college I took a job with Challenge Cook Bros. making cement trucks. It was union and the shop steward would come by to tell me "slow down, you're working yourself out of a job." It was a crazy place, I was a breakman, but knew the shear just fine - still I couldn't fill in because work rules prohibited cross training. I wasn't allowed to sweep around my station, only the janitorial staff was allowed to.

I really hated the steel workers union. CCB closed the plant and moved to Mexico - naturally.

Higher negotiated wages, workplace safety, all that is good stuff. But I have three problems with unions, all of them quite fixable:

1. Post-employment benefits are extremely expensive. Use defined contribution (401K) plans instead of defined benefit (pension) plans. Like most everyone else. Take a massive monkey off the backs of union employers in one fell swoop, and perhaps they can hire more workers.

2. Goofy union laws damage quality and efficiency. You can drive that truck, but you can't drive that one. You can pick up that box, but not that one. Come on. Absolutely absurd and badly inefficient. Dump 'em and let the business run the way it should in an intensely competitive global environment.

3. Poorly performing, protected union employees. IF an employee is not measuring up, then there should be no impediments to an employer dismissing them, assuming reasonable measures have been taken to help the employee improve. Like anywhere else.

Let's make those three adjustments and then see where we are. Asking too much?

Fact is states with right to work laws are 7 of the 10 highest wage states.

When I was in college I took a job with Challenge Cook Bros. making cement trucks. It was union and the shop steward would come by to tell me "slow down, you're working yourself out of a job." It was a crazy place, I was a breakman, but knew the shear just fine - still I couldn't fill in because work rules prohibited cross training. I wasn't allowed to sweep around my station, only the janitorial staff was allowed to.

I really hated the steel workers union. CCB closed the plant and moved to Mexico - naturally.

some Unions are different....my shop steward would say that because he knows you can bust your fucking ass in the PO and you aint going to get no raise.....your going to be given more work.....

some Unions are different....my shop steward would say that because he knows you can bust your fucking ass in the PO and you aint going to get no raise.....your going to be given more work.....

In a union shop, merit and accomplishment mean nothing. You get paid scale, regardless of effort or achievement. So union employees learn to do the least possible and maneuver for overtime. Then companies go out of business and it's the fault of the republicans.

WHY doesn't the labor laws, discrimination laws, and all the other employee laws work at a union shop????? If that's true, then get rid of the unions and let the laws of the state take over! why do we need both?

No one is. If you don't want a union job don't apply for one. No one forces anyone to take a job at a union shop.

The fucking union doesn't own the shop and the fucking union doesn't hire people.

The union negotiates wages and benefits on behalf of the workers. If those wages and benefits minus dues aren't satisfactory to you, DON'T APPLY FOR A UNION JOB.

If you don't want an agent taking a cut out of the house you're buying - do you look to buy for sale by owner properties or do you whine and make it illegal for people to hire an agent? Well if you don't want the union getting your dues then don't reap the benefits of whatever wages they have negotiated, shop elsewhere for your job.

The business hires people and if a person the business owner wants to hire does not want to be in a union it's no one's business but theirs.
[B]Not if the business has agreed to a union shop.
[/B]
Fucks sake you're stupid. Who the fuck are you to tell business what kinds of agreements they can make with labor?

So you're saying that if the business has a union in it....that business BELONGS to the union????????? You're a freaking moron!

Forum List

Back