If Sleep Deprivation is now to be known as torture, what is cutting off fingers and the like?

LOL, turn on your ears, not just your mouth.

Oh, my ears are wide open. And the crystalline silence that followed NY's question is deafening.

'Who says that'?

Why? What did he say? He's one of three posters I have on ignore.

Then turn on your ears and not just your mouth. As your ignorance is quite willful.

You didn't catch it either, huh. Let me know when you figure it out.

Nope. I read it. I'm looking at it right now.

You have willfully and intentionally ignored the very question you can't answer. Turn on your ears and not just your mouth. If you want to see the question, look at it.

Its so simple. And yet it completely confounds you.

What is wrong with you? I told you that "I" have NYCarbineer on ignore, I didn't say you can't see his posts, I said I can't. And I'm not looking for them, so if you tell me what point you want me to address, I will.

He's not on ignore for being a vacuous liberal windbag. If I put people on ignore for that, we wouldn't be having this conversation. He kept starting his posts with "You said" and then he'd say a bunch of crap I didn't say. I kept telling him, look man, spew all the liberal bilch you want, but stop saying I said things I didn't say. It went on quite a while. After several warnings I put him on ignore. I've still left open the door that if he commits to me that he will stop saying "you said" before things I didn't say I will take him off.

Similarly the other two had nothing to do with politics. Deredio Te or whatever his name is is a Frenchman with a vagina. He kept putting me on ignore, taking me off, threatening to ignore me. I finally said I'd do him a solid and put him on ignore so now he's not allowed to respond to me. FrancoHFW was the most despicable. He started out of the blue saying, "I screwed your daughter." When I said what? He said "maybe it was your sister." My daughters are 23 and 18, I'm not here to have my family insulted. None of it had to do with politics.

So, tell me what you want me to respond to and I will, but I'm not going to go back and read NYCrybaby's posts.

Or... you could get a demonstration of stressed induced discomfort. Where you'll be forced to stand for 150 continuous hour, while nude... in a very hot room, on top of several other cretins... while wearing a dog collar.

If that is your idea of sleep deprivation, that is a whole 'nother story. Tapping someone lightly on the head continuously for 24 hours is more than just sleep deprivation.
Enemy combatants are not entitled to humane treatment.

If we're going to call 'stress' torture, we're going to need a new word to convey what we used to call torture.

Because they're not the same...

Which means that we can't use stress to convey discomfort... so what word should be used to convey THAT?

Seems that once again, allowing the intellectually less fortunate to speak, causes chaos... .

Are we sure that this is a good idea?

That's why liberals want to use the same word, so then they can say we are the same as Saddam Hussein because we "torture" like he did. They are juveniles.

Who says that?

Was that too hard a question?

lol

As Americans look for a humane way to execute people others look for a humane way to torture. We need a torture that, when done, the torturees do not know they have been tortured. Perhaps some political speeches or movies would work?

We need to find out what it is that gets the RWnuts programmed to think the way they do, and use that.
It's called "facts" and "logic". Foreign concepts to you, whose world view is shaped by comics, fiction, and Rachel Maddow.

That from the biggest liar on this board. Priceless.

So none of you who don't believe sleep deprivation is torture can tell us how long sleep deprivation would have to go on before it became torture?

A week? 2 weeks? A month? Until the prisoner died?

So none of you who don't believe sleep deprivation is torture can tell us how long sleep deprivation would have to go on before it became torture?

You keep focusing on the what and not the why. Who is the prisoner? Why are they being deprived of sleep?

Did the prisoner say... murder 3000 people and is he refusing to provide the information he possesses which is critical to preventing his cult members from killing more people? Or is the Prisoner a 14 year old schoolgirl who slapped a teacher because he accidentally brushed her boob and she was told that when men do that, even by accident that he's raping her, so being thoroughly misinformed, she freaked out and started beating up poor old Doc Ubersmart, who was filling in for Ms. Feminazi who needed some time off for some medical issues she suffered in the wake of her weekend with Coach Hardbody?

Maybe even you can see how the former is absent any potential claim for decency and whose very existence is predicated upon his usefulness to the survivors which he failed to kill... and for the latter, there is no potential justification to deprive her of any sleep. So there is NO amount of sleep deprivation that can be said to be 'torture' for the former and that such would be torture for the latter.

Context... it's everything.

You keep focusing on the what and not the why. Who is the prisoner? Why are they being deprived of sleep?

Did the prisoner say... murder 3000 people and is he refusing to provide the information he possesses which is critical to preventing his cult members from killing more people? Or is the Prisoner a 14 year old schoolgirl who slapped a teacher because he accidentally brushed her boob and she was told that when men do that, even by accident that he's raping her, so being thoroughly misinformed, she freaked out and started beating up poor old Doc Ubersmart, who was filling in for Ms. Feminazi who needed some time off for some medical issues she suffered in the wake of her weekend with Coach Hardbody?

Maybe even you can see how the former is absent any potential claim for decency and whose very existence is predicated upon his usefulness to the survivors which he failed to kill... and for the latter, there is no potential justification to deprive her of any sleep. So there is NO amount of sleep deprivation that can be said to be 'torture' for the former and that such would be torture for the latter.

No, what's 'everything' here is your inability to answer the question.

No, what's 'everything' here is your inability to answer the question.

Your question has been answered. You simply need there to be a rule wherein one behavior is always wrong... and such is NOT and never will be the case.

It is the same for most things. Take the same scenario... pumping a cocktail of drugs into the body of the terrorist which prevents them from breathing and stops their heart is perfectly justified... while for the schoolgirl, such would be murder. EVEN WHERE SUCH WAS DEEMED TO BE EXECUTED BY THE JUDICIARY... thus rendering it ENTIRELY "LEGAL".

What you may not be able to understand is that you're not able to understand. It happens... .

As Americans look for a humane way to execute people others look for a humane way to torture. We need a torture that, when done, the torturees do not know they have been tortured. Perhaps some political speeches or movies would work?

We need to find out what it is that gets the RWnuts programmed to think the way they do, and use that.
It's called "facts" and "logic". Foreign concepts to you, whose world view is shaped by comics, fiction, and Rachel Maddow.

That from the biggest liar on this board. Priceless.
Your'e an idiot. Has anyone told you that in the last 10 minutes?

When permanent injury took place.
Easy. Too easy. Because you're a fool.

I find it curious

In the movie Stalag 17, the evil Nazis torture an American pilot by forcing him to stand and not be allowed to sleep. Such treatment of an American seemed outrageous

Now we have conservatives squealing....what's a little sleep?

They do that with everything because their moral compass points to "it depends" most times. So if you're talking about rights and if they defend it "it depends" if its Them or someone else. Torture? "it depends" is it an American or not? If not then its not torture but ask them to let someone do it to them and they turn it down just like Hannity did because its no big deal...

Unless it happens to them then its a really big deal

These days not saying "Pretty please with sugar on top" is considered torture
Nope. FAIL.

But slapping, walling, and waterboarding are, and always have been.

False... Slapping wailing and waterboarding a 9 year old little girl who was playing along the lakeshore offending no one, is torture... while doing to those who are known to have murdered that little girls parents and siblings along with 3000 other innocents... is NOT.

And that is because of the moral imperative to gather from those people, the information needed to stop the murders of other innocent people.

How cool is it that when something literally IS RELATIVE... Relativists are INCAPABLE of seeing it?

(It's because the relative nature of such rests in objectivity... Pretty cool, huh?)

I find it curious

In the movie Stalag 17, the evil Nazis torture an American pilot by forcing him to stand and not be allowed to sleep. Such treatment of an American seemed outrageous

Now we have conservatives squealing....what's a little sleep?

They do that with everything because their moral compass points to "it depends" most times. So if you're talking about rights and if they defend it "it depends" if its Them or someone else. Torture? "it depends" is it an American or not? If not then its not torture but ask them to let someone do it to them and they turn it down just like Hannity did because its no big deal...

Unless it happens to them then its a really big deal

Yes... it depends. But less on 'is it an American' and MORE on is 'it' morally justified?

For instance, Nazism was in practice, immoral... its ends wholly absent any potential for a sound moral justification. Therefore, where Nazis set people into tortuous circumstances, their behavior was morally unjustifiable.

I fail to see how such an otherwise simple equation has you; who I am sure feels that they're a well reasoned individual, so perplexed and otherwise befuddled.

Forum List

Back