If Rich create jobs, then who creates Joblessness?

From where will the demand originate, with 99% of the populace mired in "poverty"?

No, from the 1% buying yachts and Hummer limos.

I suppose those products have to be manufactured and delivered not to mention the components to make those products??

But the notion that a few select items such as these are what keep our economy rolling as compared to the goods that the other 300 Million or so Consumers buy is why you're an idiot who's been sold a bill of goods.

Ummm.. so by that same token... when the jobs got sucked out of the country for the profit of the "job creators"... then they should be liable for that... right? When the remaining jobs got downsized and those that DID remain had more loaded on them for virtually the same pay...that's kind of their fault too, right? So... the unemployment and underemployment of American Citizens is going to cause demand to go down... demand that is temporarily propped up by easy credit in the form of credit cards. What happens when those people without disposable income run out of credit?

Those so called Capitalists(I call them profiteers, because they don't really give a shit about competition and Capitalism) are creating a self fulfilling prophecy of economic doom...for their own short term gains. Make no mistake, demand will go down more people will lose jobs because lack of demand equals lack of production...lack of production means less people working.

When will people realize that the ONLY way out of this mess is not to kill the working people who just by sheer population keeps the economy rolling with consumption? One thing I will agree on... it's not up to government to do this... it's up to the private sector to realize that putting people to work and paying them a good, solid wage creates the disposable income for people to buy their stuff and use their services.

Increasingly(since Reagan instituted the idea of "trickle down" economics) our workforce has gotten weaker and weaker (economically speaking). At the same time... the wealthy lobbied for(and got) more and more breaks from government to boost their profits... and the "trickling down" got less and less up to the present, where more and more of our dollars are getting invested OUTSIDE of our country. How can ANYONE expect the economy NOT to crumble under such circumstances?

Our man Obama is not much better. On one hand, he's trying to help the working people the best he can... but on the other hand, he signs the South Korean Free Trade Agreement which does nothing more than open up yet another market for outsourcing our jobs and further weakening our buying power. It's like NO ONE gets it.

They should be liable for what, exactly? Look, capitalism is not about creating jobs; it’s about allocating scarce resources in the most efficient way possible. Labor is an input, nothing more. If labor is more expensive than capital assets and they perform the same function, then the capitalist will substitute the less expensive input. Hence, Obama’s “ATM’s” stealing teller jobs. I saw this post on another board that I thought was appropriate:
If creating jobs in the food business is of paramount importance, then why not outlaw farms bigger than 640 acres? Or put a surtax on farm machinery so as to make manual labor cost competitive? And then mandate double-time pay for overtime?
I grew up helping operate a mom 'n' pop grocery store in a small town in the 1950s. Each customer would come in with a list. As she read off each item, I would run to fetch it off the shelf and then place it on the counter in front of her. If she was one of the few who drove a car to do her shopping, it was my job to carry the bags to her car.
Then the first supermarket came to town. It was located on the edge of town, where a big, cheap lot was available. They were betting successfully that people were adjusting to the post-rationing era and would drive a mile or two to save a few pennies. More to the point they had shopping carts.
When my dad bought shopping carts for our tiny store, some customers refused to use them. ("If I wanted to push a cart, I'd drive to the new IGA.") However, I eventually lost part of my job. No longer did I have to run and fetch. I still found plenty to do. Eventually I learned to cut up a side of beef and to place orders for canned goods. I guess I could say that when my skills became outmoded, I acquired new ones.
As far as I can tell, no one, not even me, would have been better off if IGA had never come to town.
It’s not about jobs. It’s about creating efficiency and, hence, wealth. The jobs will follow. We are simply in a cyclical downturn exacerbated by the bursting of a massive bubble and the economy is still deleveraging. This is always painful, but necessary. Protectionism is not the answer, nor is legislating how much a private company must pay its workers. Both lead to inefficiency and, ultimately, those companies close and new, often foreign-owned companies, take their place. Free trade agreements are not the enemy; they need stuff we make, too. The market will find its own equilibrium, if government will stop stepping in and creating artificial incentives and social engineering. It’s no accident that we are the wealthiest nation on earth; have a little faith.

OK, I know this is just liberal baiting, but I have to say although I’m very right of center, if I have to hear about the “job creators” one more time, I think I’m going to puke. Jobs are created when they are needed to provide goods and/or services to people willing to pay for them, at a profit. Not before. The term “job creators” makes it sound so magnanimous; it isn’t. We capitalists create a job only when it is absolutely necessary, and as the last possible solution. The rich are in the position to create jobs, but they don’t do it out of charity, but out of necessity. End of story.
Joblessness is sometimes caused by lazy f**ks, by the way.

I gave you a pos rep -

but I do take issue somewhat with your last line. Yes, obviously, some people are lazy and that's why they have no job. But when unemployment jumps from around 4% to around 10% in a short span - do you think its because people en mass decided to be lazy?

Of course not, but I wouldn't be much of a conservative if I didn't blame lazy people for something!:D
I think most Americans want to work, and most are willing to work hard. There are chronically unemployed (and yes, lazy) people out there, but other than those, the unemployed are not the cause of the current downturn, they are the effect.

From where will the demand originate, with 99% of the populace mired in "poverty"?

No, from the 1% buying yachts and Hummer limos.

I suppose those products have to be manufactured and delivered not to mention the components to make those products??

And you think that the 1% are buying enough rich-people toys to keep millions employed? Seriously?

crying.gif

crying.gif
crying.gif

If Rich create jobs, then who creates Joblessness?
just wondering, the poor?

Durty, stinkin' librul scum, of course. YEEEEEHAAAAAWWW

Genius Rip Van Winkle, how do you figure that? Were you sleeping when Bush gave tax cuts to the rich and jobs left the country, when he started two wars unpaid for and cost billions all on borrowed money and credit?:cuckoo::eusa_shifty:
if you have a job it's probably because Obama saved it. Ungrateful ingrate.

Ummm....I was joking. I'm a liberal. Sorry, there's no sarcasm button.

Ummm.. so by that same token... when the jobs got sucked out of the country for the profit of the "job creators"... then they should be liable for that... right? When the remaining jobs got downsized and those that DID remain had more loaded on them for virtually the same pay...that's kind of their fault too, right? So... the unemployment and underemployment of American Citizens is going to cause demand to go down... demand that is temporarily propped up by easy credit in the form of credit cards. What happens when those people without disposable income run out of credit?

Those so called Capitalists(I call them profiteers, because they don't really give a shit about competition and Capitalism) are creating a self fulfilling prophecy of economic doom...for their own short term gains. Make no mistake, demand will go down more people will lose jobs because lack of demand equals lack of production...lack of production means less people working.

When will people realize that the ONLY way out of this mess is not to kill the working people who just by sheer population keeps the economy rolling with consumption? One thing I will agree on... it's not up to government to do this... it's up to the private sector to realize that putting people to work and paying them a good, solid wage creates the disposable income for people to buy their stuff and use their services.

Increasingly(since Reagan instituted the idea of "trickle down" economics) our workforce has gotten weaker and weaker (economically speaking). At the same time... the wealthy lobbied for(and got) more and more breaks from government to boost their profits... and the "trickling down" got less and less up to the present, where more and more of our dollars are getting invested OUTSIDE of our country. How can ANYONE expect the economy NOT to crumble under such circumstances?

Our man Obama is not much better. On one hand, he's trying to help the working people the best he can... but on the other hand, he signs the South Korean Free Trade Agreement which does nothing more than open up yet another market for outsourcing our jobs and further weakening our buying power. It's like NO ONE gets it.

They should be liable for what, exactly? Look, capitalism is not about creating jobs; it’s about allocating scarce resources in the most efficient way possible. Labor is an input, nothing more. If labor is more expensive than capital assets and they perform the same function, then the capitalist will substitute the less expensive input. Hence, Obama’s “ATM’s” stealing teller jobs. I saw this post on another board that I thought was appropriate:
If creating jobs in the food business is of paramount importance, then why not outlaw farms bigger than 640 acres? Or put a surtax on farm machinery so as to make manual labor cost competitive? And then mandate double-time pay for overtime?
I grew up helping operate a mom 'n' pop grocery store in a small town in the 1950s. Each customer would come in with a list. As she read off each item, I would run to fetch it off the shelf and then place it on the counter in front of her. If she was one of the few who drove a car to do her shopping, it was my job to carry the bags to her car.
Then the first supermarket came to town. It was located on the edge of town, where a big, cheap lot was available. They were betting successfully that people were adjusting to the post-rationing era and would drive a mile or two to save a few pennies. More to the point they had shopping carts.
When my dad bought shopping carts for our tiny store, some customers refused to use them. ("If I wanted to push a cart, I'd drive to the new IGA.") However, I eventually lost part of my job. No longer did I have to run and fetch. I still found plenty to do. Eventually I learned to cut up a side of beef and to place orders for canned goods. I guess I could say that when my skills became outmoded, I acquired new ones.
As far as I can tell, no one, not even me, would have been better off if IGA had never come to town.
It’s not about jobs. It’s about creating efficiency and, hence, wealth. The jobs will follow. We are simply in a cyclical downturn exacerbated by the bursting of a massive bubble and the economy is still deleveraging. This is always painful, but necessary. Protectionism is not the answer, nor is legislating how much a private company must pay its workers. Both lead to inefficiency and, ultimately, those companies close and new, often foreign-owned companies, take their place. Free trade agreements are not the enemy; they need stuff we make, too. The market will find its own equilibrium, if government will stop stepping in and creating artificial incentives and social engineering. It’s no accident that we are the wealthiest nation on earth; have a little faith.

and you don't think those people without jobs want and need shit that given their current condition, cannot afford? Bring the jobs and the economy will recover. People will have money to spend, spending means sales, sales means profit.

And BTW... you want to talk about inefficiency? How much motivation do think you get out of an UNDERPAID worker?

Ridiculous assertions.

Wait... I got this one Conservatives.. just sit back and relax....

Government... Obama...Lazy ass fucks that expect me to pay for them....ummm.. did I mention Obama?

Like you have a job? Hilarious.

Dude... I was being facetious... Damn... perhaps I need to put.... HEY! I'm a PROGRESSIVE on my sigline or something....Cammbell attacked me in the payroll tax cut thread because I said they shouldn't implement the tax cut... he though I mean not implement SS.

and you don't think those people without jobs want and need shit that given their current condition, cannot afford? Bring the jobs and the economy will recover. People will have money to spend, spending means sales, sales means profit.

And BTW... you want to talk about inefficiency? How much motivation do think you get out of an UNDERPAID worker?

Ridiculous assertions.

So the jobs come first, then the economy recovers? I don't think that has ever happened before. I can see the headlines: "Six months after employers mysteriously hire unneeded workers for no reason, spending, sales and profit soar! Film at eleven.":cuckoo:
And just for the record: I don't think I mentioned underpaying workers anywhere in my post. Wages are set by the combination of what a willing employer will pay and a willing employee will accept for his labor, not by "fairness" or what any one individual may see as "fair."

CONFIDENCE creates jobs.

And a LACK of CONFIDENCE ends them.

Confidence is a feeling. It doesn't create anything.

Read a book, Ooh.

You clearly need to educate yourself about how macro-economics really works.

Read a right wing macro-economist if that suits your fancy. It won't matter what school of economics you read, they'll be agreeing with me about this issue.

Forum List

Back