If Rich create jobs, then who creates Joblessness?

Demand creates jobs.

It's like pulling teeth ain't it? How does demand create jobs? The rich corporations and small businesses produce and sell more goods by expanding their businesses and hiring more people. Government jobs just recycle confiscated taxpayer money. Government jobs do not stimulate the economy. The small businesses and people who are now designated as the "rich" create real jobs. Cheap energy helps stimulate the economy but which political party's policies have kept energy (oil) prices high?

Very good points, up until the latter part that last sentence.
Not meaning to divert the discussion, but let me put this forth:

Given that world oil/natural gas supply and demand were as they are today, and
IF the U.S. were energy independent- what would be the current prices of crude oil and natural gas?

Exactly what they are today.

The policies of our political parties may affect our nation's ability to produce more or less domestic hydrocarbon resources but those policies have little to no effect on the price of those commodities.

uncertainty

nF1Jc.png

Google "demand creates jobs" and see what ya get...

Google "capitalism" and see what you get...

I assume stories about capitalism. However, capitalism isn't much good without consumers and demand.

You mean supply and demand...

It's obvious the only thing you know about goods and services is consumption..

Someone just brings you a pizza and that is how the world works.... It just "happens" for no fucking reason at all...

Last edited:
If Rich create jobs, then who creates Joblessness?
just wondering, the poor?

Durty, stinkin' librul scum, of course. YEEEEEHAAAAAWWW

Genius Rip Van Winkle, how do you figure that? Were you sleeping when Bush gave tax cuts to the rich and jobs left the country, when he started two wars unpaid for and cost billions all on borrowed money and credit?:cuckoo::eusa_shifty:
if you have a job it's probably because Obama saved it. Ungrateful ingrate.

Demand creates jobs.

It's like pulling teeth ain't it? How does demand create jobs? The rich corporations and small businesses produce and sell more goods by expanding their businesses and hiring more people. Government jobs just recycle confiscated taxpayer money. Government jobs do not stimulate the economy. The small businesses and people who are now designated as the "rich" create real jobs. Cheap energy helps stimulate the economy but which political party's policies have kept energy (oil) prices high?

Very good points, up until the latter part that last sentence.
Not meaning to divert the discussion, but let me put this forth:

Given that world oil/natural gas supply and demand were as they are today, and
IF the U.S. were energy independent- what would be the current prices of crude oil and natural gas?

Exactly what they are today.

The policies of our political parties may affect our nation's ability to produce more or less domestic hydrocarbon resources but those policies have little to no effect on the price of those commodities.

Say what? Oil production has no effect on oil prices? America is at the mercy of OPEC which artificially sets the price of crude as an extortion technique in the world market. Try drilling a couple or ten or twenty wells in the small portion of ANWAR . I guarantee you would see a spike in employment and lower crude prices immediately even before a drop of oil was pumped out.

I'm a huge Thomas Sowell fan.... As a matter of fact most people don't even believe me when I claim my dirty pleasure is reading Thomas Sowell :badgrin:..

Google "capitalism" and see what you get...

I assume stories about capitalism. However, capitalism isn't much good without consumers and demand.

You mean supply and demand...

It's obvious the only thing you know about goods and services is consumption..

Someone just brings you a pizza and that is how the world works.... It just "happens" for no fucking reason at all...

No, I didn't mean "supply and demand". I wasn't addressing levels of output/production; I was addressing the basics. Companies must provide goods and services that people need and/or want (often based on market surveys). Then, people must be able to afford to purchase those goods and services. Obviously, discretionary spending is depressed in this recession. However, that doesn't stop companies from continuing to bombard us with commercials as they attempt to "manipulate" demand.

Last edited:
OK, I know this is just liberal baiting, but I have to say although I’m very right of center, if I have to hear about the “job creators” one more time, I think I’m going to puke. Jobs are created when they are needed to provide goods and/or services to people willing to pay for them, at a profit. Not before. The term “job creators” makes it sound so magnanimous; it isn’t. We capitalists create a job only when it is absolutely necessary, and as the last possible solution. The rich are in the position to create jobs, but they don’t do it out of charity, but out of necessity. End of story.
Joblessness is sometimes caused by lazy f**ks, by the way.

I gave you a pos rep -

but I do take issue somewhat with your last line. Yes, obviously, some people are lazy and that's why they have no job. But when unemployment jumps from around 4% to around 10% in a short span - do you think its because people en mass decided to be lazy?

Demand creates jobs.

Almost every able bodied man between 18 and 40 had a government job from 1941-1945. What followed was (at the time at least) the biggest growth period in U.S. history.

Businesses do not 'create' jobs anymore than babies 'create' diapers. Businesses need employees to handle consumer demand, babies need diapers because they shit.

Wait... I got this one Conservatives.. just sit back and relax....

Government... Obama...Lazy ass fucks that expect me to pay for them....ummm.. did I mention Obama?

I don't think you should talk about or retired military that way.

Forum List

Back