If RGB can’t return to work she needs to be replaced!

I don’t think she’s alive but I think it’s time we find out! We need a new judge!
Why? SCOTUS worked with 8 judges for a couple years when Republicans refused to even consider a candidate for partisan reasons. I don't recall your need for speed then.

Two years, when was that specifically? Dates and reason, please.
Actually it was only about 14 months from the death of Scalia to the nomination of Gorsuch. As you recall, the nuclear option was dropped in favor of a simple majority because Democrats wanted to filibuster over the shabby treatment of Garland by Republicans. But my original point is that there was no hurry by Republicans at that time. A position I am certain would have their hair on fire if such a tactic had been pulled by a Democrat.

RBGwaldo.jpg

This is the problem with living under a 230+ year old business plan.
No, the business plan is fine.

The problem is conservatives making our rights and protected liberties casualties of political war.

No.

It’s not fine.

Can we just forget the politics for a second?

We have justices who cannot show up for work due to medical issues. And there is next to nothing that can be done to remove her from her seat as long as she maintains a pulse rate. In 100% of the companies, charities, churches, etc..., across the nation, the other members of those groups would be meeting to see how best to address the leadership having this vacancy addressed. And they should….because that is what responsible companies, charities, and churches would do.

As a nation, we’re ignoring the obvious that the silence of the constitution needs to be addressed. It’s the same document that allowed a vacancy on the same court, by the way…for what, 8 months when the Senate simply refused to do it’s duty. How did that happen? Because in 1787 the framers never once considered that the Senate would simply decide that they were not going to go to work. And the nation suffered during those months.

Actually it was only about 14 months from the death of Scalia to the nomination of Gorsuch. As you recall, the nuclear option was dropped in favor of a simple majority because Democrats wanted to filibuster over the shabby treatment of Garland by Republicans. But my original point is that there was no hurry by Republicans at that time. A position I am certain would have their hair on fire if such a tactic had been pulled by a Democrat.

There was no "shabby treatment" of Garland. Traditionally the death of a justice, that close to the election, the nomination has been left to the incoming president.

You are also misinformed as to the nuclear option. It was the Democrats who had instituted the nuclear option for all justices up to the Supreme Court. Leaving the door open and an invitation to Republicans to move it just a bit higher.

President Donald Trump nominated Justice Neil Gorsuch on January 31, 2017. No grass growing under the feet of President Trump.

Democrats trashed the tradition of accepting the fact that when a person wins the Presidency, they also win the right to nominate those who they want for cabinet members, judges, including a person for the Supreme Court. Democrats trashed that when they BORKED" Robert Bork as nominated by President Ronald Reagan. It was so unusual that a new word for the action was created, "Borked".

Proof of life ,,please!

America needs a proof of life of

Ruth

NOW! ok?

No.

It’s not fine.

We have justices who cannot show up for work due to medical issues. And there is next to nothing that can be done to remove her from her seat as long as she maintains a pulse rate. In 100% of the companies, charities, churches, etc..., across the nation, the other members of those groups would be meeting to see how best to address the leadership having this vacancy addressed. And they should….because that is what responsible companies, charities, and churches would do.

As a nation, we’re ignoring the obvious that the silence of the constitution needs to be addressed. It’s the same document that allowed a vacancy on the same court, by the way…for what, 8 months when the Senate simply refused to do it’s duty. How did that happen? Because in 1787 the framers never once considered that the Senate would simply decide that they were not going to go to work. And the nation suffered during those months.

I'm sorry, but I haven't noticed the collapse of our nation.

Bottom line, what is your point.

I'm not one to believe in conspiracy theories, but there's this...

"Whistleblower: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Is “Deathly Ill” And In A “Medically Induced Coma” – Fears “Massive Unrest” Once Public Finds Out The Truth"

Whistleblower: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Is "Deathly Ill" And In A "Medically Induced Coma" - Fears "Massive Unrest" Once Public Finds Out The Truth - The Clover Chronicle

If the Clover Chronicle says so it must be true

Truthfully, I chuckled a little when I read it too. It would make a good scifi movie or something.

No.

It’s not fine.

I'm sorry but the litmus test for appropriate and inappropriate behavior isn't the "collapse of our nation". Tomorrow, the Seante could pass a rule that every bill gets passed if it gets one vote OR it could pass a rule that all bills must have unanimous consent to get passed. The House could pass a rule where they are in session for 1 day. They could a

That's what they gave us an amendment process for

Yep. I know.

Do YOU think we have a constitution that is built--in it's current verbiage--for 2019 given the political bullshit practiced by both sides? Again, leave your politics out of it. The Senate has shown that the first consideration is who gets to appoint a justice; not if the court is staffed or not. Again, we have the House inviting then dis-inviting the President to give what has commonly become accepted as a yearly state of the union address based on nothing but politics and some bullshit about security. We have a Supreme Court whose justices could keep their seats based on nothing other than their ability to maintain a pulse; meaning that a brain dead justice could still theorhetically hold on to their seat since their heart is being kept going by machines.

Yes, I know there is an amendment process.

The question is; do you think the document we have now is built to with stand the loopholes that are being exploited by all involved?

No.

It’s not fine.

I'm sorry but the litmus test for appropriate and inappropriate behavior isn't the "collapse of our nation". Tomorrow, the Seante could pass a rule that every bill gets passed if it gets one vote OR it could pass a rule that all bills must have unanimous consent to get passed. The House could pass a rule where they are in session for 1 day. They could a

Yep. I know.

Do YOU think we have a constitution that is built--in it's current verbiage--for 2019 given the political bullshit practiced by both sides? Again, leave your politics out of it. The Senate has shown that the first consideration is who gets to appoint a justice; not if the court is staffed or not. Again, we have the House inviting then dis-inviting the President to give what has commonly become accepted as a yearly state of the union address based on nothing but politics and some bullshit about security. We have a Supreme Court whose justices could keep their seats based on nothing other than their ability to maintain a pulse; meaning that a brain dead justice could still theorhetically hold on to their seat since their heart is being kept going by machines.

The question is; do you think the document we have now is built to with stand the loopholes that are being exploited by all involved?

The only reason why they get away with some of that stuff is because the American people let them get away with it. Politics have become a team sport now. The vast majority of people don’t seem to care about what’s best for the country as a whole anymore, only what’s best for their team.

Do you really believe that any President would sign any legislation approved by ONE vote, or that the only bills being sent to him had a unanimous vote?

Frankly, I don't see a problem with the House being in session for one day a year for several years.

Yes, the document we have now is "built to withstand the loopholes that are being exploited by all involved".

Specifically, what "loopholes" are being exploited?

Do you believe it is a grand idea to open up the can of worms we would have by re-writing our Constitution?

First, how many years would it take? How many pages? The Obamacare act has 2,300 pages plus 20,000 pages of regulations. Talk about loopholes! :D

Do you wish to make changes in our Constitution? Propose an amendment! Presto, all your problems are solved!

If it turns out she is deceased, I expect that there may be rioting in the streets knowing that Trump will get to replace her.

I hope not...….I wonder if that might happen? Better get her replaced in the winter, then. Riots are a summertime recreation.

The question is, how long can she be seriously ill and not be replaced? There have been some TV analyses of this, referring to a couple 19th century justices who had bad strokes and were "retired" against their will. But only after it became apparent that they could no longer do the work. Some strokes can be recovered from, of course.

It's been over a month now since RBG's surgery. I would think she'd get another month, anyway, before people would seriously agitate for replacement? What do you all think?

No.

It’s not fine.

Yep. I know.

The only reason why they get away with some of that stuff is because the American people let them get away with it. Politics have become a team sport now. The vast majority of people don’t seem to care about what’s best for the country as a whole anymore, only what’s best for their team.

Yes, again, I know.

My question to YOU is do you think the document we have now is built to withstand the "team sport" as you have described it?

Forum List

Back