If repubs can never come up with specific policy examples of their party helping the...

I
Um
Jesus dad you are the Isis of liberal commentators. Here's a hint don't quote an article from 2007 to support your views in 2014.

CBO Obama stimulus may have cost as much as 4.1 million a job AEIdeas

There are so many things to point out in the op I don't know where to start.

First almost all the articles quoted by billy are from very left wing sources and all seem to be very dated, like 2011 and such. It is hard to find articles in 2014 about the stimulus. I believe the left is creating websites full of fiction for people like those on USMB and other media outlets to quote. FDL is definitely a left wing source. NPQ was hard to research. It seems to be headed by an uber community organizing woman who believes corp should be handing her money to hand out to her private causes. I could not dredge up her bio but she is certainly not an objective observer.

NPQ claims that the fraud in the program was something like .001 per cent(laughable for any govt program) and that since no charges were brought against Solyndra it was all on the up an up. The reason there will be no investigation of fraud is because Eric Holder is the attorney general and he will not allow any investigation into anything that might reflect poorly on Barack Obama. The congress cannot bring criminal charges against people.

Now let's take the Nancy Pelosi logic of of one dollar unemployment benefits creating a dollar sixty. If this was true we could all stop working and just receive money from the govt . What is never factored in is the debt created by paying these benefits, and the interest on these debts. The deceit is furthered by neglecting to say that if we created jobs people would be getting two grand a month instead of 300 dollars and the economy would be even more healthy. There are less people working today than before Obama came to office, at lesser jobs and less pay. As has been mentioned before this is the worst recovery in post war history.

The stimulus was a grab bag, a democratic wish list, and a slush fund to Democratic supporters like teachers unions. High speed rail boondoggles, solar energy company fronts to wash money for the party. The new governor of Virginia is the poster child of political,operatives who profited from the solar energy scam. Race to the top, internet I rural areas, ain't heard much about that. Oh yeah, even Obama said the shovel ready projects weren't shovel ready.

People like Billy, Dad, and the other rabid partisans all miss the point. They believe that progress is measured by how many govt programs there are and how many new programs are created, they believe progress is measured by how much new control the govt exerts on our lives. Conservatives believe in the opposite and apparently that is what most Americans believe too. A recent poll asked Americans what what were the biggest things they wanted govt to do and 70 per cent said get out of our lives lives and leave us alone. Wake up boys and smell the coffee.

Lastly many economists believed we were in a place where we needed some kind of Keynesian stimulus, yes there was agreement on that. The debate is about how the money could have been used to so much greater benefit than it was. The money was not efficiently utilized and on that there seems to be agreement also.

@Shrimpbox

lol I find it interesting you make accusations about the bias of my sources yet you post a source with blatant conservative bias. I will admit one of my sources had a liberal bias, but all of them cited non partisan data.

What your source and you cant seem to grasp is that no liberal or economist is suggesting that the stimulus package saved the economy. Yes, the overall effect of the stimulus was short lived and miminal in improving the economy. However, that does not mean it didn't do a world of good at the time. The economy lost a staggering 8 million private jobs. The stimulus created 2 million jobs. Those 2 million jobs stopped a terrifying free fall of jobs being lost. If you look at the timeline of events, you will see that shortly after the stimulus passed that massive job loss rate began to level off and the market soon began to CREATE jobs. If you read my article, you will see that economists say its biggest flaw was that it was too small. It had to be bigger.

I find it laughable you do not back up any of the other information you provided. You have no idea what was in the stimulus. The stimulus was largely extending Bush's tax cuts as well as extending unemployment benefits. The extra demand that was created from this in turn created jobs. The facts are all there.

And yes, some of the stimulus money was poorly used. Obama should not have extended Bush's tax cuts. That proved to be a failure the first time.
Billy, dont take this personalluy but you'r a low information shithead. ARRA never extended the Bush tax cuts.

Yes he did. However he made a bigger tax cut for the middle class.
See, Billy here's the problem: You're dumb as shit so two different things look the same to you. ARRA did not extend the Bush tax cuts. ARRA threw on some targeted tax cuts to induce people to buy houses and cars and shit. They were grossly ineffective, as targeted tax cuts always are. That's partly why the stimulus failed by the very standards the administratin set.

I find it amazing that you never back up with you say with actual sources. Why the hell would I take anything you say seriously otherwise?

Se
Um
Jesus dad you are the Isis of liberal commentators. Here's a hint don't quote an article from 2007 to support your views in 2014.

First almost all the articles quoted by billy are from very left wing sources and all seem to be very dated, like 2011 and such. It is hard to find articles in 2014 about the stimulus. I believe the left is creating websites full of fiction for people like those on USMB and other media outlets to quote. FDL is definitely a left wing source. NPQ was hard to research. It seems to be headed by an uber community organizing woman who believes corp should be handing her money to hand out to her private causes. I could not dredge up her bio but she is certainly not an objective observer.

NPQ claims that the fraud in the program was something like .001 per cent(laughable for any govt program) and that since no charges were brought against Solyndra it was all on the up an up. The reason there will be no investigation of fraud is because Eric Holder is the attorney general and he will not allow any investigation into anything that might reflect poorly on Barack Obama. The congress cannot bring criminal charges against people.

Now let's take the Nancy Pelosi logic of of one dollar unemployment benefits creating a dollar sixty. If this was true we could all stop working and just receive money from the govt . What is never factored in is the debt created by paying these benefits, and the interest on these debts. The deceit is furthered by neglecting to say that if we created jobs people would be getting two grand a month instead of 300 dollars and the economy would be even more healthy. There are less people working today than before Obama came to office, at lesser jobs and less pay. As has been mentioned before this is the worst recovery in post war history.

The stimulus was a grab bag, a democratic wish list, and a slush fund to Democratic supporters like teachers unions. High speed rail boondoggles, solar energy company fronts to wash money for the party. The new governor of Virginia is the poster child of political,operatives who profited from the solar energy scam. Race to the top, internet I rural areas, ain't heard much about that. Oh yeah, even Obama said the shovel ready projects weren't shovel ready.

People like Billy, Dad, and the other rabid partisans all miss the point. They believe that progress is measured by how many govt programs there are and how many new programs are created, they believe progress is measured by how much new control the govt exerts on our lives. Conservatives believe in the opposite and apparently that is what most Americans believe too. A recent poll asked Americans what what were the biggest things they wanted govt to do and 70 per cent said get out of our lives lives and leave us alone. Wake up boys and smell the coffee.

Lastly many economists believed we were in a place where we needed some kind of Keynesian stimulus, yes there was agreement on that. The debate is about how the money could have been used to so much greater benefit than it was. The money was not efficiently utilized and on that there seems to be agreement also.

@Shrimpbox

lol I find it interesting you make accusations about the bias of my sources yet you post a source with blatant conservative bias. I will admit one of my sources had a liberal bias, but all of them cited non partisan data.

What your source and you cant seem to grasp is that no liberal or economist is suggesting that the stimulus package saved the economy. Yes, the overall effect of the stimulus was short lived and miminal in improving the economy. However, that does not mean it didn't do a world of good at the time. The economy lost a staggering 8 million private jobs. The stimulus created 2 million jobs. Those 2 million jobs stopped a terrifying free fall of jobs being lost. If you look at the timeline of events, you will see that shortly after the stimulus passed that massive job loss rate began to level off and the market soon began to CREATE jobs. If you read my article, you will see that economists say its biggest flaw was that it was too small. It had to be bigger.

I find it laughable you do not back up any of the other information you provided. You have no idea what was in the stimulus. The stimulus was largely extending Bush's tax cuts as well as extending unemployment benefits. The extra demand that was created from this in turn created jobs. The facts are all there.

And yes, some of the stimulus money was poorly used. Obama should not have extended Bush's tax cuts. That proved to be a failure the first time.
Billy, dont take this personalluy but you'r a low information shithead. ARRA never extended the Bush tax cuts.

Obama cut middle class taxes more than Bush?
Can you prove it?

I provided that proof in my OP. See link "was the stimulus a success or failure?"

I
Um

@Shrimpbox

See, Billy here's the problem: You're dumb as shit so two different things look the same to you. ARRA did not extend the Bush tax cuts. ARRA threw on some targeted tax cuts to induce people to buy houses and cars and shit. They were grossly ineffective, as targeted tax cuts always are. That's partly why the stimulus failed by the very standards the administratin set.

I find it amazing that you never back up with you say with actual sources. Why the hell would I take anything you say seriously otherwise?
Which part do you want backed up? Because all of what I wrote is pretty available information Of course once I link it youll claim it doesnt say what it plainly does, the source is biased, or that wasnt what you meant at all. Because you're a dumbshit.

I believe Ford, Reagan, George hw Bush, and George w Bush were fairly decent republican presidents.

They ran as leaders instead rigid ideological creatures that wouldn't know their ass from a hole in the ground. The whole reason to fight the left is for sanity and for the advantage of this nation.

I
Um

@Shrimpbox

Which part do you want backed up? Because all of what I wrote is pretty available information Of course once I link it youll claim it doesnt say what it plainly does, the source is biased, or that wasnt what you meant at all. Because you're a dumbshit.
Lol dude you're pathetic.

I
Um

@Shrimpbox

Lol dude you're pathetic.
And Billy Zero takes himself out of serious conversation yet again. Nice going.

Se
Um

@Shrimpbox

Obama cut middle class taxes more than Bush?
Can you prove it?

I provided that proof in my OP. See link "was the stimulus a success or failure?"

I saw a claim in that link, with no proof whatsoever.

You're just one vast river of already discredited libturd propaganda.

Jonathan Silver, the former executive director of the DOE's loan program, explained the success of the program:

While not every investment will succeed, the portfolio is in good shape. The funds represented by investments that have failed represent less than 3% of the total portfolio. This is a record the private sector would consider remarkable, but is particularly impressive for a portfolio of technologically innovative projects being built at a commercial scale for the first time anywhere.

If repubs can never come up with specific policy examples of their party helping the... Page 15 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Weird, How did Dubya's tax cuts work out for US? ANY jobs? Prosperity? Or just deprived US of revenues as Dubya wentt o 2 UNFUNDED wars and gave US UNFUNDED Medicare expansion?

O's stimulus gave about 95% of US a $500 per person tax credits over 2 years. Suspended taxation on unemployment for 2 years. AMT tax patch. About 40% of the stimulus was tax cuts/credits

I believe Ford, Reagan, George hw Bush, and George w Bush were fairly decent republican presidents.

They ran as leaders instead rigid ideological creatures that wouldn't know their ass from a hole in the ground. The whole reason to fight the left is for sanity and for the advantage of this nation.

"I believe Ford, Reagan, George hw Bush, and George w Bush were fairly decent republican presidents."

Good thing you have 'belief' because FACTS never are on the GOP's side. EVER

I really like the way Republicans have the ability to completely re write history. Bush was conservative enough to appeal to the Republicans when they voted him to the office of the President. Twice. He was conservative enough to get his massive tax cuts passed. Conservative enough to get us into a stupid war in Iraq.

But he's not a conservative now? What is he? Ain't 20/20 hindsight amazing?

No. And factually untrue. He was and always has been a Party Republican, just like his dad. Recall Bush approved McCain/Feingold? Not a conservative move. Recall Bush increased the national debt and deficit? NOT a conservative move. Presenting facts is not re-writing history. As a republican, of course he advocated tax cuts, since only a maroon would do otherwise given a basic understanding of economics. But to your point, just because he appealed to the Right does not mean he was a conservative guy. Again, I point to his increases in non-war federal spending.

Aside from that easy stuff, lets address your non-sequitur that "conservative = stupid war in Iraq." Please share with us that connection, and the facts and context of your position. It may require another thread. But you brought it up, and I love this stuff.....

Forum List

Back