If Obama withhold SocSec check, will he be impeached?

Just threatening it was a very pissant thing to do. The man should be ashamed of himself. If he does withhold SS Checks,Impeachment should be on the table.
No. One of The Meatheads should order a sub to surface and drop four or five cruise missiles on the WH, tell the senate to find someone else, and see if they try it again.

If Obama withhold SocSec checks as he threatened, he should be immediately removed from office -- by force if necessary.

Our Seniors have paid into the "Trust Fund" their entire lives and the vast majority of them have come to depend on that check, some for their very survival. A short while ago, Obama made an outrageous, stunning threat that he will withhold delivery of the checks unless he gets his way with Congress. Obama's demands have NOTHING to do with delivering funds to our seniors.

NOTHING!

Bernie Madoff is in prison for abusing funds entrusted to him and if Obama makes good on his threat to starve our elderly, he should be cellmates with Bernie.

Seriously. Do you know how this works?

The government pays out millions of checks. If there is no credit..and no one that is making sure those checks get out..they could be delayed.

There are alot of unknowns. You can't just shut down the government and expect BAU.

OK Einstein, please explain where is the money from SS trust fund?

So Obama is now the manager of all retirement accounts, how much does that pay?

"I cannot guarantee that those checks go out on August 3rd if we haven't resolved this issue. Because there may simply not be the money in the coffers to do it" Barack "Social Security Really is Bankrupt" Obama
you are just simply a loony tune! Obama was correct in his statement.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

even if we cashed in some of the surplus SS treasuries, the federal gvt would have to fund it....without a debt ceiling rise, that is impossible....

If there is more money coming into SS then is paid out, how is possible that SS can't pay out the benefits?

Hey Bart's butt, google ' food stamp expenditures'. They are on a record pace to total a record 70 billion dollars for 2011.

Oh, here is 15 billion we could use.

"No wonder that of $15 billion in income taxes last year, Exxon paid none of it to Uncle Sam"what-the-top-us-companies-pay-in-taxes: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance

How come that "big oil" companies are always bad guys. GE haven't paid any taxes, Apple neither... oh, sorry... they don't fit the agenda.

It is instructive to note that the $2.5 Trillion Social Security Trust Fund has value, not as a tangible economic asset, but because it is a claim on behalf of beneficiaries on the goods and services produced by the working population. This claim will be enforced by the United States Government although the precise monetary mechanism of enforcement is yet to be determined. In order to repay the Trust Fund, the United States government has three options, which may all be pursued to varying degrees.

(1) The government may issue debt by selling treasuries. Thus $1 in debt to the Social Security Trust fund is replaced with $1 in debt to a different lender. This scenario would increase the tax burden on future generations if the interest rate is higher on the new debt. If the new debt is more expensive and government revenues do not increase sufficiently either through taxes of economic growth, the government would be forced to cut spending on other programs (such as Defense, Education, Research) or else default on all or part of the debt.

(2) The government may raise taxes. If taxes are raised across the board, ironically, by reducing take home pay for workers, the government could make it harder for the younger, working generations to invest and save for retirement. However, if taxes are raised only on those whose earlier tax cuts were partially offset by these excess FICA contributions, namely those taxpayers whose marginal rates were reduced from 74% to as little as 28% during the Reagan Administration, the younger, working generations will not lose any ability to save or invest.

(3) The government may monetize trust fund obligations by transferring the treasuries held by the Trust Fund onto the Federal Reserve balance sheet. In such a transaction, the bonds would become "assets" on the Fed's balance sheet, and the Fed would create money "out of thin air" to purchase the bonds from the government. Under such a scenario, the bonds are converted into cash, which would then be used by the government to cover social security payments. This scenario would likely lead to increased inflation, as it would inflate the money supply without directly increasing the amount of goods and services produced by the economy as a whole.

Social Security Trust Fund - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do you deny that your fearsome leader made the threat?

I do. You people do not know the difference between a threat and a fact. He was just telling it like it is. Why would he threaten the citizens??? None of us are at the negotiations, now are we??? It's so ridiculous.

So? what were his reasons for using SS checks INSTEAD OF WELFARE CHECKS.

Don't be stupid, Stephanie. The ridiculous notion that everybody on welfare is looking for a free ride is just plain idiotic. But that's what the right wing thinks. Bunch of dopes.

I do. You people do not know the difference between a threat and a fact. He was just telling it like it is. Why would he threaten the citizens??? None of us are at the negotiations, now are we??? It's so ridiculous.

Don't be stupid, Stephanie. The ridiculous notion that everybody on welfare is looking for a free ride is just plain idiotic. But that's what the right wing thinks. Bunch of dopes.

"Dopes"...well I oughta...

..Rinata's, ready to rumble...:lol:

If most elderly people are like my parents they will not spend a dime until this mess is resovled. They are scared to death that they are going to starve.

Obama should be ashamed of himself for scaring old people for political gain.

Thats what bullies do. I thought he was some great compasioniate crusader for mankind not a bully who makes threats he cant back up. Every person who depends on SS retirement has percieved what he said as a threat.

I bet he would be mad if I scared his mother as bad as he has scared mine.

Notice how the answer is totally avoided here......................

wtf? that is NOT what I asked you.
I asked, WHY did the Obama choose to USE SS checks INSTEAD OF SAYING, we can't guarantee WELFARE CHECKS WILL GO OUT.

If a Default happens,the Government will have to choose which Bills to pay. If the President chooses not to send SS Checks out,that's all on him. He will have to pay a price for that. Impeachment? Maybe.

If a Default happens,the Government will have to choose which Bills to pay. If the President chooses not to send SS Checks out,that's all on him. He will have to pay a price for that. Impeachment? Maybe.

He said he'd withhold SocSec checks that million of seniors depend on for food and shelter. He didn't say he'd stop funding other items there were not life threatening, he went right for the kill on our seniors

You folks wanted massive cuts in spending immediately. You may be about to get your wish and suddenly you want to impeach Obama because you're realizing that these cuts will hurt people?

Welcome to reality, kids. You're a little late to the party but we've been waiting for you to arrive.

wtf? that is NOT what I asked you.
I asked, WHY did the Obama choose to USE SS checks INSTEAD OF SAYING, we can't guarantee WELFARE CHECKS WILL GO OUT.

Or funding federal wildlife areas or the Robert Byrd Library of Midnight basketball...or etc

Forum List

Back