If Obama wins EC but loses PV...

If Obama wins EC but loses the PV, will Republicans finally favor EC reform?

• Yes

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • No

Votes: 14 93.3%
  • Yes - but only by repealing the 12th amendment and going back to original intent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What is an electoral college?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Everybody should demonstrate that they took and passed a basic Civics test before they are eligible to vote. It is unfathomable that my vote get canceled by a total fucking moron who does not know the first fucking thing about our government

If Obama wins Electoral College but loses the popular vote, will Republicans finally be in favor of electoral college reform?

Reform? What exactly does that mean?

Anything that changes the system from the current winner-take-all by state.

Idiot

States have split their vote (I believe Nebraska and Michigan have before).. learn a little history

And it is indeed up to the state... you want something other than a winner take all system in your state, go campaign for it

Now.. back to your crack pipe.. it misses you

I can't speak for Republicans.

But, as for myself and similar thinking conservatives, I say LEAVE it ALONE.

And by the way, the OP hypothetical question is completely irrelevant. The incumbent is going to lose the POPULAR vote AS WELL AS the ELECTORAL COLLEGE VOTE.

Thank me.

Thanks Mark... :cool:

Everybody should demonstrate that they took and passed a basic Civics test before they are eligible to vote. It is unfathomable that my vote get canceled by a total fucking moron who does not know the first fucking thing about our government
Fascist much?

If Obama wins Electoral College but loses the popular vote, will Republicans finally be in favor of electoral college reform?

No. Because while the system is flawed, it's the best election system for the national level.

Fascist much?

Oh gosh. Somebody needs a dictionary.

fas·cism   [fash-iz-uhm] noun
a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism.

Fascist much?

a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism.

So you think not allowing uneducated people to vote is not fascism?

Fascist much?

So you think not allowing educated people to vote is not fascism?

Not what the poster stated at all.

Oh gosh, someone needs a reading lesson!

If obama loses the popular vote, he loses all of California's electoral votes which will go to Romney.

He stated everyone should take and show they passed a civics course before they can vote. Having voting guidelines based on someone's education is stating you do not want uneducated people to be allowed to vote.
I think you need to take a reading and history lesson.

i can't speak for republicans.

But, as for myself and similar thinking conservatives, i say leave it alone.

And by the way, the op hypothetical question is completely irrelevant. The incumbent is going to lose the popular vote as well as the electoral college vote.

Thank me.

thanks mark... :cool:

:) [I wanted to use the big grin smiley, but the programming here glitches with the use of just one capital letter.]

:D [The letter "I" in the above sentence did the trick.]

Last edited:
Only New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles should get to vote..........Those blue state, urban, intellectually elite experts know whats best for the country lol

I can't speak for Republicans.

But, as for myself and similar thinking conservatives, I say LEAVE it ALONE.

And by the way, the OP hypothetical question is completely irrelevant. The incumbent is going to lose the POPULAR vote AS WELL AS the ELECTORAL COLLEGE VOTE.

Thank me.

still;

President Obama 269 Governor Romney 181

RealClearPolitics - 2012 Election Maps - Electoral Map

Uh... no new polls since last night... and again, these are based on small sample polls... still a lot to be done and to see before the only poll that counts

He stated everyone should take and show they passed a civics course before they can vote. Having voting guidelines based on someone's education is stating you do not want uneducated people to be allowed to vote.
I think you need to take a reading and history lesson.

Good gawd man. Read your own post! You stated "not allowing educated people to vote". Now it's uneducated people! Get your own story straight!

Whatever, it's not fascism. Get thee a dictionary...

Imagine having to have a country wide recount back in 2000. That would have been a real great idea.

Forum List

Back