If Obama wins EC but loses PV...

If Obama wins EC but loses the PV, will Republicans finally favor EC reform?

• Yes

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • No

Votes: 14 93.3%
  • Yes - but only by repealing the 12th amendment and going back to original intent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What is an electoral college?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
If Obama wins Electoral College but loses the popular vote, will Republicans finally be in favor of electoral college reform?

No, you fundamentally don't understand what a Republic is, do you? That is what we were designed to be and the price of ending one of the last ways we are actually a Republic would be far too high.

I'm actually hoping that the reverse happens just to see you and your buds go all dip shit again.

If Obama wins Electoral College but loses the popular vote, will Republicans finally be in favor of electoral college reform?

No, you fundamentally don't understand what a Republic is, do you?

So in your fucked up world a republic, by definition, requires an electoral college exactly like the one we have now.

Got it.

I guess the United States is the only republic in the world then.

No.. because there is good reason to have our 3 branches chosen in 3 differing ways... We already have a branch chosen by popular vote, and that is the legislative.. the EC also ensures the voices of each state (you know, those things that give the fed its power thru the Constitution) are heard

No.. because there is good reason to have our 3 branches chosen in 3 differing ways... We already have a branch chosen by popular vote, and that is the legislative.. the EC also ensures the voices of each state (you know, those things that give the fed its power thru the Constitution) are heard

THere's no branch chosen by national popular vote.

Anyway EC reform doesn't neccessarily mean popular vote.

Actually, that wont be a problem, seeing California has pledged to cast their electoral votes to the winner of the national popular vote.

Only takes effect when a majority of electoral votes are similarly pledged

So in your fucked up world a republic, by definition, requires an electoral college exactly like the one we have now.

Got it.

Are you really as fucking ignorant and stupid as you post here?

THere's no branch chosen by national popular vote.

Anyway EC reform doesn't neccessarily mean popular vote.

Each representative and senator is chosen by popular vote... of course a rep from Utah is not voted upon by people in NY..

There is no need for EC reform... each state 9as shown by the recent events with Cali) chooses how its EC votes are handled... but each state (as I said, those things that give the Fed its power) has and should keep its individual voice.. in that way the small states still matter

The electoral college (and Congress for that matter) gives an ever-so-slight edge in representation to rural states. As long as the GOP retains an advantage in rural states, they will not be in favor of reform imho. I don't think one setback would prompt the GOP to support an overhaul.
just MHO

Got it.

Yes, you are that stupid

I can't speak for Republicans.

But, as for myself and similar thinking conservatives, I say LEAVE it ALONE.

And by the way, the OP hypothetical question is completely irrelevant. The incumbent is going to lose the POPULAR vote AS WELL AS the ELECTORAL COLLEGE VOTE.

Thank me.

Forum List

Back